>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xszfg-GNkOKoKZBIpo42cWLtPWg2hmbCcRD0wiCwTiA/edit#gid=491670389
youtube.com/watch?v=nWu2tcm4wL8
pcpartpicker.com/list/rrPJdX
pcpartpicker.com/list/XZtWsZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wait for navi

Attached: A7D011C6-AFCF-4F5B-8911-1071B841EBD8.jpg (332x332, 12K)

Attached: 2qv4x2.jpg (491x550, 62K)

There is 0 space between my exhaust fan and my tower cpu cooler. They're sticking to each other almost as close as they could without stopping the fan from working. Shall I be concerned about it? I guess I could probably flip the cooler while taking its fan out and placing it the same way (as an exhaust near the RAM sticks), should I even bother?

Building my pc right now, cpu in, had to even it out as putting it down flat is kind of weird, but the arrows lined up and everything seems good. Gonna install the NHD-15 now, wish me luck bros.

Attached: 88f.jpg (604x516, 31K)

My threadripper 1950x runs a little hot with the big noctua cooler (140mm I think). It's about 60° in idle and 70-80° doing casual calculations like gaming. Is it finally time to invest in some AIO with fancy LED? The noctua is pretty hideous anyway.

>They're sticking to each other almost as close as they could without stopping the fan from working
How big is this air cooler? my tower cooler is mounted in the worst way and there's space between the exhaust fan.

Attached: Inb4 sideways.jpg (1641x1111, 457K)

I'm still a happy owner of a GTX 970 and waiting the right moment to upgrade. I'm currently considering buying a 2060 RTX because it seems to get some good reviews. But I'm just not sure if it's worth it. It just feels like throwing 300$ out of the window. My games still run pretty fine.

Get the Dark Rock Pro 4, it's better than any AIO.

I'm in no hurry to upgrade since I don't play a lot of modern games and have a huge backlog of old ones. But I sure hope they'll release it at least this year. It's not too far fetched to expect that, right?

Thank you, I'll adjust it properly. Why would I need 500GB SSD + a giant HDD though? I doubt I'll ever use up this much space.

Plus it's not hideous and has great performance. Although there's nothing wrong with using an AIO.

Yeah but only if it's a really beefy one. Otherwise air is better. Also who cares how it looks?

Don't upgrade for the sake of it. New releases = cards only get better.

I don't see a problem. As long as the cooler isn't touching the fan. I would be more concerned about the air flow in your tower. I don't really understand your description, but normally you would send the hot CPU air directly out of the rear exhaust fan and not back inside the case again.

Bigger. A Cryorig H7. It's sort of asymmetric so if I were to flip it 180 without its fan it would leave more space.

OS takes up at least 50GB by itself, and your primary drive will still fill up over time. This means a 256 GB drive will only be able to fit in a few gaymes at a time.

Is this a joke? This guy's using an i7 7700k and he gets garbage temps with a water cooler while I stress tested my 8700 and never went beyond 60c with my hyper 212

Attached: i7.jpg (1285x863, 232K)

Only drones say 2060 is bad because it's popular. Few months ago 1070Ti for below $400 was considered the best value card for 1440p. Now you can get a 2060 which is about 5% better for $330 and retards say it's bad.

why would you mount it that way? It looks like you are sucking hot air out from the GPU directly into your CPU. Or do you have some kind of chimney case?

is it really, even considering noise level? It does look way better than the noctua though.

Is this too much/too little thermal paste?

Attached: IMG_1239.jpg (4032x3024, 1.79M)

Put more

hows this

Attached: IMG_1240.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xszfg-GNkOKoKZBIpo42cWLtPWg2hmbCcRD0wiCwTiA/edit#gid=491670389
so unless I'm using a housefire the true spirit 140 power is the best cooler I can buy? Seems insane.

way way more

watch this youtube.com/watch?v=nWu2tcm4wL8

Don't be a pussy, you want it to spread out and cover the whole cpu when you put the heat sink on

Look up a YouTube tutorial from someone reputable, asking here is just asking to get your shit fucked up

Use about three times that, don't worry you basically can't have too much.

yes it's ebin, look it up online if you want

TR is massive, 8700k would need at most 1/3rd or even 1/4 of what you'd use on a TR CPU.

It's fucking fine, jesus christ. It spreads out. It's an IHS, not the die directly, so it only really needs to cover most of it, specifically the center.

However if you ever do the same on a GPU or a delidded CPU, since the die is exposed, you are required to cover the entire area by spreading it manually, or putting a dot that's sizable enough that will guarantee that when pressed down, it will cover the whole thing (even putting dots at the corners for good measure). but really you're overthinking it. The way that will spread it will cover what's most important.

hows this

Attached: IMG_1243.jpg (4032x3024, 1.47M)

more than fine.

You're only really needing to cover the cores, not the entire IHS.

Attached: 8700K_7700K.jpg (625x313, 39K)

didnt know that, just as long as im not putting too much or too little thats good for me

Sorry I posted 2 more replies in the old thread
Get a used 1080(ti), then at least you get a serious upgrade for the money.

That is enough man! The pressure of the cooler will get that flat enough across the cpu. Jesus christ people, telling him to cover the whole area, what is wrong with you...

Building my first PC will be mostly used for video editing Photoshop and maybe some light gaming 9900k are sold out everywhere also what video card should I get

The "there's never too much thing" is kind of a meme. There's a point at which it's pointless to cover more, it'll be a bit messy and let's be honest, good TIM costs money.

Alright, this is around 900€ total which is a bit more than I expected.
Any good way to cut some corners here?
[spoiler]Also, don't I need a fan for the CPU?[/spoiler]

Attached: Screenshot (183).png (1920x1080, 186K)

So, I have a 4 GB (2 x 2gb) RAM config on my PC, no memory slots left. But I need to upgrade to 8gb at least.

Should I buy a 8gb (2 x 4 gb) and sell the 4gb config I have right now.

Or buy a 8gb stick and use one of the 2gb that I have, will dual-channel still work?

Buying 2 x 4gb is also cheaper

Linus said ram speed dosent matter should....I just get the slowest ram??

Intel? Yes if there's a substantial difference in price, otherwise get what you can afford.

AMD? No. RAM speed matters.

My 3yo/10months card got fried today 980gtx
For the past weeks been getting red dots flickering on screen and loss of signal on every cable.

Strangely enough it never misbehaved on the video projector

My psu: Corsair cs650m
Switched to onboard graphics and all works

Should I send the card to a repair shop or just get RTX 2070 ? Will my PSU be ok for that?

Attached: 61j5w+TOLgL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 25K)

holy shit just buy a threadripper already. How much of a faggot cuck do you have to be to still wanting intel CPUs?

The CPU comes with a stock fan that'll do just fine. You can knock off a hundred euros by pirating Windows or buying a key from the grey market. You can get a 2 TB drive for not much more. Get an 80+ gold PSU.

inherited old PC

Lenovo H420
Ci3 2120 3:3
HDD, 500g
RAM, 4g

How do I make this gud on a budget? Looking to run arma 3 here

I can hardly make out what this is supposed to mean, so I'll make about the same effort you did: light it on fire.

They will release it this year.
The release date is debatable, with the source to the whole "delayed to October" coming from a French site that just states "our sources say", so it's debatable.

Huh why does amd need ram speed and not Intel

Numbers n' shit am i right m8

Never had an AMD system everyone I know says they are interior

I think this is it bros. I think this is the build I'll pull the trigger on. How's it look?
pcpartpicker.com/list/rrPJdX

>i9 in the OP
Shill thread

Attached: inteli9hardboiledeggmaker.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

That's too much, wipe some

Infinity Fabric

If you honestly think the 9900k has NO viable use-cases at the high end. You yourself are a shill.

Sorry, but the 9900k might not be cheap, and it might get destroyed in pure raw multi-threaded performance.

But intel simply performs better in certain workloads, if what you're doing falls into one of those workloads, why the fuck WOULDN'T you get the 9900k? Especially if it's within your budget.

tldr; shut the fuck up you dumb shill cunt.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/rrPJdX
>6 threads
>2019
DEPRECATED
pcpartpicker.com/list/XZtWsZ
heres something far better for far less

>NO viable use-cases
Its only use case is being 7% faster than the 2700x at twice the power draw with shit thermals

>intel simply performs better in certain workloads
Put vega vii in the OP then

Why is everyone shoving Ryzen in my face? I've got a chip on my shoulder with them because people were shoving FX6300's in everyone's face when I built mine, and I fell for the meme.

>intelfags are so fucking stupid they cant apply thermalpaste
just get a xbox you fucking retard

Good
>for far less
>costs more
>b350
Stop giving advice

Lmao, 7% huh? in what?

Intel vs AMD can be application specific, even synthetic tests can lean AMD or Intel.

If you're doing something that uses a ton of AVX instructions, it's almost always gonna run better on intel just due to the intel AVX hardware being more robust and capable of dealing with 256-bit integers whereas AMD (currently at least) relies on two 128-bit registers requiring you to split any 256-bit integers. Which adds latency and lowers performance.

tldr; read more, you're too stupid to continue this.

Because ryzen is better than intel at almost everything and cheaper cpu and better gpu has always been better for gaming, a 2600 + 2080 will always be faster than a 9600k + 2070

If it were my OP, I would.

Radeon VII is clearly superior at DP FP and similar professional performance metrics.

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm looking at used 1070ti's. I know I'm taking a risk of getting a crypto'd one, but if I can snag one off ebay or craigslist for $250-$300 I think it's not a bad option.

ment to say a little more, kys faggot

>Why is everyone shoving Ryzen in my face?
Because they couldn't afford to pay the intel tax and they seem to think it's their duty to make sure no one else buys intel either.

They're just shills.

Currently AMD is far more advanced than intel. It sure always depends on your budget and what you are going to do with it. But if you are mostly building for processing power, AMD is most likely the better choice, especially if you consider the price difference.

I don't think you understand where you are, this thread is /v/ building computers, the only use case fags here have is gaming and for gaming intel offers no benefits over AMD for cpus and likewise for AMD and nvidia with gpus

>t. muh 5%

Attached: relative-performance-games-2560-1440.png (500x1490, 93K)

>everyone is a gaymer like me

Kill you're selves.

Is this guy right I was gonna go 9900k for video and Photoshop ...I won't get ripped off going ryzen right??

Why are you building a gaymen PC when you're not even going to gayme on it?

In that price range you should really get the 2060.

Honestly it just depends on the workloads you'll be doing.

9900k is better for gaming, especially high refresh rate gaming

But it's also true, the GPU is the primary factor when it comes to gaming performance.

Same reason people buy trucks and never go off city

Maybe slightly more, don't listen to the idiots who say way more. The cooler's base will be tightly compressed to the top of the heat spreader, making an extremely thin layer of thermal paste

This is good

Probably too much

>a picture for ants with magnifying glasses
Repost and maybe I'll comment

2x 4GB

Update mobo BIOS if possible
Look up specs sheet and find the best CPU the mobo can use (probably i7 3770)
Add another 4GB of the same speed RAM
Buy an SSD

>If you honestly [...], You yourself are a shill.
He's obviously a shill, and a stupid one at that. You should see the writing level in the OP he uses

Pretty big typo, retard.

No, photoshop isn't even particularly CPU taxing ryzen is fine.

I'm not commenting on his specific use-case. I'm just making fun of you for posting relative gaming performance when we're talking about specifically performance outside of gaming.

>Currently AMD is far more advanced than intel
Not in gaming perf

>for gaming intel offers no benefits over AMD
How stupid do you have to be to write this?

Check benchmarks for yourself

You have autism

Best current OS for gaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyymen?

You have Down syndrome

Attached: 1343519942147.jpg (750x499, 87K)

...but AMD is better at everything else. Intel is the best at games, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Fucking read the comment chain you illiterate prick.

Intel is CLEARLY superior in various professional workloads, especially those relying on AVX performance.

Need a cheap video card to run Apex legends best choice???

2060 bro

How stupid do you have to be to pay twice as much for 4%

>especially those relying on AVX performance
so nothing

>Not in gaming perf
The guy was asking for photoshop and such stuff. The 9900 is about 200$ more expensive and has worse performance in that scenario.

But even for gaming you have to be really really careful. CPU is often completely irrelevant and even if it isn't, there are huge differences from game to game. Like the other dude said, usually you would better invest in a better GPU and buy the best CPU you can find for around 300$.

>4%

Attached: intel-i7-9700k-aco-1440p.png (892x879, 118K)

lmao, i hope you aren't a sound engineer.

Just buy a console if you want to play such retarded console tier EA games. It will be even cheaper than buying a GPU.

>sound engineer
>asking for tips on Jow Forums of all places
You guys go to such lengths to justify spending more money for less performance. Well, you do you man.

nigga, i aint even him, i'm just telling you that there ARE situations where it simply makes sense to buy intel.

Well why don't Chinese and Indians buy Amd

How stupid do you have to be to believe that 1440p makes for a good CPU benchmark?

Yeah, on average for people playing with mid range graphics cards there's no difference. But you (or someone stupid like you) literally said "for gaming intel offers no benefits over AMD for cpus"

Attached: anthem CPU benchmark.png (899x916, 84K)

>4770k from 6 years ago beats the 2700x
And there are people here who recommend poozen for gaming lol

>Anthem
Of course the kind of pajeet who buys incel would care about that dogshit
OP just needs to rename the thread 'gaymen 'puter building general if he wants to shill overpriced hardware so bad. For any actual, LEGITIMATE workload Ryzen beats the shit out of overpriced housefires like the 9900k.

I think you meant to post this benchmark and got confused

Attached: relative-performance-games-1280-720.png (500x1450, 94K)