/spg/ - Smartphone General

Flip phone edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

>$150 to $300 - Zenfone Max Pro M1/M2, Mi A2 Lite, Redmi 6/Note 6 Pro, Mi 8 Lite, Moto X4, Moto G6
>$300 to $400 - Pocophone, Redmi Note 7, Xperia XZ1, Pixel 2/XL
>$400 to $500 - Mi 8, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 3
>$500 and above - OP6T, S9+, Note 9, Pixel 3

Previous thread

Attached: al.jpg (1128x1746, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

source.android.com/devices/storage/traditional
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are the cheapest smartphones I can buy? I want to gift a budget smartphone to someone that's only interested in using whatsapp and facebook because they don't know how to use anything else.

80€/90$ for a Gigaset Gs80

Attached: Gigaset-GS80-586x458.jpg (586x458, 27K)

Is note a good phone by Samsung I have always used my iPhone 4s and it's starting to get worse

Attached: 1549245154672.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

Yeah well look at the OP.

I'll give that a look, thanks.
How good are the BLU phones from amazon as budget picks?

It's a nice phone once you remove all the bloatware.

ordered a poco f1 for 284 jewros feels decent man

what to install on it other than google camera and what not when it arrives?!

Anyone know a good phone I could get? Currently have a Samsung S5 but honestly not a big fan of it. Gonna get a new one on my birthday but not sure what to get. Don't want an iPhone or Samsung AT ALL because I already have a samsung and iPhone is too mainstreams

If you're keen on using the stock rom, install a web browser, music and video players of your preference as the ones in MIUI are really bad. The rest of the stock apps are decent to great. I'd still flash a custom rom on it, though, even if you want to use MIUI flashing Xiaomi.eu makes the whole experience much better than staying on stock.
Considering your opinion on Samsung, Oneplus 6 or 6T might be exactly the thing you're looking for. If you want something more exotic, look into Mi Mix models.

Read the OP maybe?

The next guy who skips the OP and asks about a good phone gets it

Attached: tmnt ree.jpg (260x194, 6K)

Whats a good phone to get? Should I just buy the iphone x?

>spending more than $100 for a device to check your text message and phone
good goy

>He didn't buy a gaming phone
Mobile is the future

Attached: rzph-og-image-1200x630.jpg (1200x630, 235K)

Depends on your budget, the OP list is conclusive in that regard. Pick your budget, select the phone you fancy the most from that list and go for it.

Why make a new thread already when the previous one wasn't even at bump limit yet? You didn't even post a link to the new thread in the old one.

What country you in?

Why is there literally nothing for a good mid range, somewhat recent phone which doesn't go over 140mm height? XZ2 compact is the best I can find, and it's nearly £500 here in the UK.

Where do I get a sim card that cant be linked to me?

Pony up for the good things in life or sod off
get the XZ1C, it's

>Previous thread
how dumb are you

Buy a prepaid SIM, with cash

Read again, ESL retard
>You didn't even post a link to the new thread in the old one.

Attached: 2c3e5cab0df2b8f88849199346d1e3ae.png (508x510, 55K)

Do you think the OP7 will have a pop up camera? I doubt they'll adopt the slider meme.

>tfw only person who actually likes MIUI 10

Attached: 1529969089631.png (248x249, 43K)

A Vivo phone with a pop-up camera leaked just recently, maybe it'll be the basis for OP7

Attached: Vivo-V15-Pro-Official-Poster.png (720x420, 113K)

1 month in with my Mi A2 Lite

This shit has legit 2-3 day battery life, top performance and all the features I could want from a phone, and it's on full stock android.

9/10 very comfy experience

Bromite browser.
It's a chromium fork with native adblock and privacy features.

Redmi 7 will very likely be 147mm, and look near identical to the Mi Play

Attached: xiaomi-miplay-2.jpg (710x624, 83K)

>U.S
>tmobile, unlocked phone preferred
>unlimited budget but i like to spend as little as possible
>screen size less than 6 inches
I've had my blackberry keyone for so long that the phone market actually looks different now. What brands have emerged with phones worth looking at?

how useless are micro sd cards in recent android versions like 8.1 and 9? can data be shared between different apps? for example if i download a movie with firefox and choose the micro sd as the destination, can the movie file be seen by other apps, like a media player?
i've read that apps can only access specifically designated directories on a per-app basis so that android can clean up the external storage when you remove an app: source.android.com/devices/storage/traditional
i wanted to buy a 256 GB memexza micro sd to pair with my new phone but if it's going to be useless then it's not worth it

I want this phone so bad but they just don't release the global version. there's also rumors about it being delayed and going straight to the note 7 pro

are there any good custom roms for the Mi 8 SE?

Attached: images(3).jpg (284x177, 11K)

Remember I'm talking about "Redmi 7" and not "Redmi Note 7".

The plain Redmi phones are smaller than the Redmi Note phones, and have slightly worse specs all around, and cheaper.

I'm hoping Redmi 7 comes with SD632. Everyone is using 138mm tall 5in phones (Mi4c) and doesn't want to go to bigger, so I have to find something under 150mm tall.

Luckily since the 19:9 meme going on, a 147mm tall phone now is much smaller than an older 150mm tall phone, because they're 5mm smaller in width to keep the ratio. Still feels much smaller in hand while having a 5.8in screen.

If you download any file in a browser to your sd card it'll be accessible to other apps, if you grant the apps permission to access storage and browse to it.

When you get to moving apps and their data over to sdcard that's when shit starts getting useless. You have to remember the internal storage of your phone is like a 300mb/s ssd while the sdcards are like a 50mb/s flash drive, running apps off the card is dumb, but putting music or video files on SD is good.

On Android even the internal storage identifies as sdcard so it's not much different.

Why is the XZ1 Compact so expensive in the U.S.? I can't even find it in stock new in stores anymore. Only on eBay and Amazon from thrid parties.

Attached: 1547676446955.jpg (419x746, 38K)

Do any of these not suck or are they all chinkshit?

Attached: 71XLrcLrtHL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 9K)

Just buy the apple one or don't lose the one that comes with your phone

It also depends on your phone. Many phones have an internal dac and the usb-c is just transferring analog, in other phones the conversion happens in the dongle.

Got pic related for $10 shekels I know its botnet but as a dumbphone with shitposting capabilities and Media player is great

Attached: e5006c49-0f21-4e31-bb20-861ab2128199.jpg (750x750, 107K)

Google or Apple if you want to go cheap but decent, better ones cost a shitload. Never buy a cheap chink shit one.

The lack of apps makes them shit but I always loved the UI on Windows phones.

Well, they were popular in the gay community.

burgerland

>Barbra

Should I buy a oneplus 6 t directly from TMobile or is that a bad idea for some reason? I do plan to buy it outright no matter how I get it but figured going to a store would keep me from having to wait for shipping

Ebin if true

Sony doesn't give a shit about the American market.

I swear to Christ if the OnePlus 7 has a pop up camera I will be skipping it

Why? I never use the front camera anyway, nice to have it hidden away without having a slider or a fucking hole in the display.

Because I'll wait for them to use a shutter and transparent OLED or just give on on a front camera entirely and stick with a 6t instead

Well if you already have a 6t you'd be a nigger if you wanted a 7. Your phone is good to go for many years. We will have in display cameras by the time the 6t is obsolete.

I don't yet but I was the one who asked this
After watching a few videos on oxygen OS I think the 6t is the right phone I just need to know it the TMobile version has any downsides

I'm not a burger but I don't think there is any. Usually it's just a locked bootloader that comes with carrier phones.

Just got a pocophone f1, and its gorgeous, but I'm a fucking dumbass and didn't see that it wasn't compatible with Verizon (us):
is there a workaround/conversion via software or hardware accessories (not gonna chop the phone up)
if not:
Looking for something from $300-400
I don't use my phone for much, other than tons of music, photos, and meat beating. Really just looking for something with a good interface and smooth experience that will last as long as possible. Not gaming or anything.
Im not gonna get a fuckugly or massive phone either (looking at you Xperia XZ1)

I've had a LG G5 for a while, (physically broken now, ill miss it so much ) id just switch to a LG G7, but its out of my price range. Do you think it'll get a price drop when the lg G8 is dropped? How does that normally work?

LG devices always go down in price fairly quickly. I have a friend that recently got a G7 thinQ with a 4k 42" tv for like $600 on a really good sale.

Looking for a good small phone with great battery life (Preferably something about 3500) and decent storage that I can use in the US. That's literally all I care about.

Attached: givi-1-1.jpg (800x600, 65K)

*Something ABOVE 3500mph

Oppo makes some good shit. My friend has one and uses it pretty constantly and the battery still lasts for days.

LOL
read the OP. Pick whatever phone you like from that list, it's all written clearly.

>xz1
>fuckugly
kys zoomer.

Limited availability = the few sellers that still have it are price gouging. Look if you can import the phone from elsewhere, the only difference between the US XZ1C and the one sold elsewhere is the software and you can easily flash the US firmware.

The Razer one is apparently really good but it's also pricey.

The cheapest phones are usually carrier prepaid phones, you can get those for $20-100, but they're locked to whatever carrier is selling them so it depends on which carrier your friend is on.

Check Best Buy, they're having a good sale on the Pixel 3 right now, it's $350 ($14.58/mo for 24 months) for the base 64gb model, $450 for 128gb.

How small? There's Sony's XZ1/XZ2 Compact, but the batteries are

any opinion on the ZTE nubia red magic MARS ? the specs and the price are very good but I can't find any buyer opinions. heard ZTE doesn't deliver on updates but how many companis really do.

>Sony doesn't give a shit about the American market.
Sony doesn't give a shit about any market at all it seems. There devices aren't locally available almost anywhere, but they sure are overpriced enough.

I have broken Xiaomi A2 lite.
I got so fed up with all the phone tracking that im seriously considering a "dumb phone". But im so used to LTE, camera, offline gps maps and Signal App. Those are the only requrements.
Im czech based and budget should exceed A2 lite price.

note 9 is the best andpajeet phone u can get right now

Get a phone with good custom ROM support, install LineageOS or something similar without Google apps and sideload all the apps you use.

Attached: pls respond.jpg (331x331, 52K)

Xiaomi.eu ROM

that's still just MIUI

yes?

>>$300 to $400
>>redmi note 7
huh?

Also is there any news on the note 7 pro? I really want to get rid of my honor 8.

At this moment, what Xiaomi phone, has the best camera? Note 7, Mi 8, Mix 3?

Mix 3, followed by Mi8 and Mix 2S

>he still uses his phone for only messaging and calls in 2019
Point and laugh at the grandpa

I am thinking of buying an LG Q6 for my dad.
The seller is listing one new for 130 CAD. Should I go for it?

So i would like to get a new phone and i want one from xiaomi, but i have a hard time seeing any big difference between say mi 8, mi 8 pro, mi 8 lite
On paper they have pretty similar parameters while mi 8 pro costs like 60% more than mi 8 and mi lite costs 50% less than mi 8 lite.
Those are huge price gaps for very similar devices.
So where is all that money difference then?

Compared against the Mi8 and Mi8 Pro, the Mi8 Lite has a slower processor, worse cameras, no dual band GPS or IR face recognition, and the screen is LCD instead of OLED.

Mi8 and Mi8 Pro is basically the same phone, only different is the transparent back, an in-display fingerprint reader and a slightly smaller battery on the Pro. The regular Mi8 is the best buy of the three IMO. Though at a similar price as the Mi8 you can get a Pocophone which has a headphone jack, expandable storage and a bigger battery.

>a headphone jack
jesus christ, what the fuck? i completely missed that.
that just completely killed the mi8 for me. why the fuck would chinks do that? i know they like to steal ideas from others but why steal the most retarded idea that apple ever had?
fucking hell, guess i will get the redmi note 6 since it it's not much worse and features like face unlock and screen fingerprint are useless to me, i use fp on the back of my current redmi note 4 and i love it, super precise, super fast, why fix what ain't broken?
the only feature i would really really like is the oled display though

the phone's nothing special but for that price it's a great deal (assuming that's the outright price, not something that requires a contract)

It is. A seller on ebay that I've purchased from before so it should be fine.

Does it have the Snapdragon-specific optimization patch from CodeAurora? They stopped maintaining their fork 2 years ago so the browser is old as shit, but its still faster than current Chrome.

>botched screen
eww

xiaomi mi 8 lite or pocophone senpai ? i needs to save moneys :(

This sounds creepy af.

Poco

poco would be perfect if it had oled
8 lite doesn't have an audio jack so it's trash

Xiaomi mi a2 or p20 lite?
Im leaning towards p20 lite cause of the jack but not sure what to pick

Why not one of the redmi notes, do you have a good local deal on those two you listed?

Anons, i'm on a really tight budget and all i need is a phone to use whatsapp and other basic apps to get in touch with people, i'm considering getting a Xiaomi Redmi 6a, what do yall think ?

Country = Brazil.

Poco obviously

I know new redmi notes are better, but it has to be one of those two phones

neither

>needing a dongle
retard

Never buy Huashit.
It's good, look at the OP.