Kek

OH NONONONONO

Attached: applel.jpg (960x720, 62K)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1549774265565.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

BASED

wait.
what?
I thought the logo is just a cut out on the outer case side with some LEDs behind it. why would there be a cutout on the display panel side?!

applel cheaping out as usual and installing panels without even a backing

Bright lamp behind acts as a backlight.

holy fuck, that thing is THAT flimsy built?

JUST WERKS TM

yep. the logo is just a cutout behind the backlight with frosted glass or plastic (probably plastic). that's why the logo changes brightness with the screen. it's actually not an issue at all when the screen is on but if you put a bright lamp or something behind it when the screen is off OP's pic happens. I put gaff tape over the stupid thing on the 2 macbooks at work because I don't want that shit visible to audience members when the room is dark.

it does come in handy if you're diagnosing a dead display and want to know if the panel itself is working... just shine a flashlight through it

TN LCD is normally white, or transmissive at zero voltage.

Lenovo ThickBads don't have this problem

>overpriced hardware
>TN panel
Oh lord, this is getting better and better

so the apple logo on the back is just a cutout and not separately backlit? even on the new models?
holy shit

Attached: 1480968655277.png (307x309, 216K)

BASED SATANIA

>it does come in handy if you're diagnosing a dead display
'Its A Feature™ Yes, all of it'
Applel, the Engineers Friend. However, you must be mistaken, there is no such thing as a 'dead display' on an Applel device. It just werks.

Its $1200 and you're telling me they didn't even bother covering their own design flaws

Save The Planet With Applel™
Our Revolutionary New Approach To Near Transparent Manufacturing Processes, aka Bits of Alu With Large Holes, saves 17.6% in material costs, not only Saving The Planet™ but build costs, the increased profits of which could (theoretically) have been passed on to YOU, our Applel consumefaggits. Enjoy Your Shiny Hole With Applel. Because Less Is What We Strive To Give You, Everyday

I actually have cut a hole in my laptop lid for fun

Attached: a.jpg (1024x683, 139K)

Attached: IM.jpg (1024x768, 123K)

its off and the sunlight is shining through the apple logo that would otherwise be lit by the backlight
big deal

>no such thing as a 'dead display' on an Applel device
sorry, forgot that was necrophobic and derogatory. the safe term would be "usefulness-challenged" display
more like they wanted to shill themselves with more retarded branding but make it a last minute "well, it works, just ship it" hackjob because everybody loves paying over $1k for a product with way too much branding... though iToddlers seem to think it's a status symbol so sure.......I guess?

>it does come in handy if you're diagnosing a dead display and want to know if the panel itself is working... just shine a flashlight through it
I've seen Rossmann use this method at least once.

I have a macbook pro from 2010, never saw this effect. I turned off backlight and pointed it at the window. Nothing. Tried a flashlight and it worked. This is what you get by buying post-Steve Apple products, especially macbook air, which is basically a facebook-access terminal. Shit used to be good.

That's a mistake. Rossman was diagnosing a functioning IPS LCD with a unpowered backlight. The OP picture is of an unpowered TN LCD which is transmissive at zero voltage.

apple doesnt sell tn panels anymore.

Can't you guys just have /ahg/ or something. We don't need 30 Apple hate threads at a time.

I mean the Apple astroturfing is pretty bad, but you guys just double the bullshit

The Base model Air still has a TN panel.

Same diff.