Why aren't you using TCC, Jow Forums? It compiles things 35x faster than GCC

Why aren't you using TCC, Jow Forums? It compiles things 35x faster than GCC.

Attached: tcc-logo.png (250x150, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2005-09/msg00054.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GCC beats the shit out of tcc in terms of code optimization. End of discussion.

i use clang

Are there any newer comparisons like
lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2005-09/msg00054.html

That isn't what it's made for. I use it for recompiling things really quickly to see changes. If I want a small and optimized executable, I'll use MSVC because even GCC sucks for that.

MSVC can't be faster because it wastes binary size and performance in injecting microsoft telemetry spyware into binaries.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-11 Reviewing Microsoft's Automatic Insertion of Telemetry into C++ Binaries (2368x3494, 627K)

Jesus christ
How can a company be so evil

Attached: 1541430383302.jpg (650x366, 51K)

This can't be real, right?

I remember when this blew up. Was totally legit.

>proprietary compiler
ishygddt

>Gigasoft
Yikes!

C code compilation isn't slow enough for me to bother switching from GCC to anything else. If I was really being bogged down, I'd use Clang, since LLVM at least has some decent optimizations that approach what GCC has.

Also, looking at the TCC website, it seems their comparisons are to very old versions of GCC. Even their "more up to date tests" are from 2013.

I don't want to see your comparison with old as dust shit, I want to see how your compiler compares to GCC 7.4 or GCC 8.2. And hell, if your compiler is so good, why isn't it on Godbolt so we can compare assembly outputs?

Remember tccboot?
I'm gonna try to do the same thing with a whole distro around it like gentoo but with tcc as the core compiler and everything will be written in C
..once i get my thinkpad

Attached: tccboot1.png (720x400, 9K)

You can compare it right now.
Nobody is stopping you.
GCC code gen is obviously better, but TCC has other advantages.

Sounds like starting from buildroot would be easier.

I want to make a minimal environment that can compile itself quickly, buildroot doesn't even have an option to add a compiler to the host system.

Packaging stuff for buildroot is piss easy. So adding a package for GCC and TCC should not be a problem.

still pointless because i would have to make a program to get the source code, compile it and build the system natively any way

Hahahahahah

Attached: 1512185955399.png (1000x1000, 345K)