This faggot is retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=p-iusifI0rQ

This faggot is retarded.
Of course changelogs are bloat. I know ur reading this faggot.

Attached: 1280px-Suckless_logo.svg.png (1280x835, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git.suckless.org/dwm/log.html
git.suckless.org/dmenu/log.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he's right and you fear the truth.
man up

It's a given.

Attached: suckless_cringe.jpg (500x500, 213K)

Extreme faggotry channel

Hi distrotube.

hi user thanks for the (You).
be sure to subscribe to my patreon

>thinks i3 is hard, cause it "manual" tiling manager compared to DWM

Stop watching right there.

If you don't notice the changes while using the program then they don't matter. Changelogs are unironically bloat

>Jow Forums is finally noticing distrotube
oh fuck

>suckless
Oh boi

Oh bloatboi

I don't understand the suckless hate. st and dmenu are really fucking good and dwm is the best WM I ever used

Most people have no problem with dmenu. Dwm is just different and these i3babies love their config files and daily ricing.

>Install ubuntu in wm
>Wow it comes with libreoffice and Firefox
>Default theme looks pretty cool
Why does this shitty channel exist?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 151K)

He is a based youtuber, fuck off

thankfully, the projects are small and readable so I can read the fucking diff

if i was reviewing a distro i'd probably get into the mindset of someone who would use it.

He's right about the site though, it's pretty bad and extremely lacking on documentation.
Well, you always have the man pages I guess

i guess it's too hard to read the git log...

git.suckless.org/dwm/log.html
git.suckless.org/dmenu/log.html

No shitting here, what's the big difference between this and i3? You install i3 and 90% of the work is done, the other 10% is optional/ricing shit
So what are the advantages of dwm over it?

>talking shit on suckless
I feel bad for your poor computer

I clicked on this video thinking I would get some useful information about the new updates, but this hack can't even find his way to the git log. effortless shit video.

Why are they dropping Xft support? Is there anything wrong with it?

it's slow and also has an ugly api

> pledge: add rpath promise for the ugly Xft font fallback
> Makefile: just show the compiler output
> Do not strip at link stage
> Pledge on OpenBSD
> config.def.h: ClkTagBar missing from comment
> Function declarations in correct order.
> remove old TODO and BUGS entries
> update README: remove mentioning the old dextra repo
> All functions in alphabetical order except for this one.
> ColBorder has been moved to the enum with ColFg and ColBg.
> dont NUL terminate _NET_WM_NAME
> sync dmenu drw.{c,h} code: use Clr* (was Scm)
> gettextprop: check result of XGetTextProperty (undefined behaviour for XFree)
> Set class name on status bar
> simplify isfixed conditions
> yet another cleanup

Wow, I can't wait to experience those new isfixed conditions and lack of TODOs

Attached: brainlet-1241.png (817x736, 8K)

Won't the fonts look like hot garbage without it?

Based minimal Chad

They are unironically going to support xft fonts from the next release because they unironically think they are bloat, when they add near zero complexity on the application's part.
Not to mention that the latest dmenu is segfaulting like crazy, the mailing list is constantly talking about it.

>kek you can patch it or fork it lololol
Or, you can just tell these pseudo-minimalist fags to fuck off and switch to xmonad.

Enjoy broken fonts starting from the next release.

theres already better forks. why even use this at this point. unless you like arbitrarily ugly shit in the current year.

gee it's almost like they have nothing new to report. I wonder why they didn't bother writing a change log

>because they unironically think they are bloat
because it factually is, there's a lot of other rasterizers more minimal and much faster than freetype

And none looks as good.

I3 is a piece of garbage that with no amount of tweaking can come close to the functionality of DWM (even out of the box DWM )

The way dwm automatically tiles windows out of the box is way superior to i3. Despite Suckless autism and an extreme minimalism, which may be too much for most people and require patches, this core feature alone makes dwm a better window manager than i3. Working with it feel so much smoother and much more natural than using i3, which ironically, despite being a tiling window manager, often had me moving windows around most of the time. This becomes unnecessary with managers such as dwm, xmonad and bspwm. They may be more "minimal" and less accessible, but they are all better, functionality-wise, than i3.
Try it out and see for yourself. If you end up not liking it, you can always go back.

I never had an issue with i3 timing. But the. Again I just got started like last week. How is dwm tiling better?

I3 tiling is dynamic (hence Dynamic Window Manager) while i3 tiling is pure garbage