Why hasn't gorhill been sued yet...

Why hasn't gorhill been sued yet? He has stolen billions in ad revenue with his software and probably has resulted in multiple web companies going bankrupt.

Attached: 1200px-UBlock_Origin.svg.png (1200x1200, 60K)

I've seen his house on Google STreet View (using the whois info for his domain). It looks like a pretty nice neighborhood.

I wonder how much money he has and if he's ever got married. Like, how can he spend so many time working on an extension for free? Most functional human beings at his age wouldn't have time for that

Blocking elements isn't illegal.

>He has
No. If anything the users of the software have.
>stolen
Saying no to being shown certain things is hardly theft.
Shit user by your logic it should be illegal to change the channel when there are ads on tv because you already watched part of the program. It's both your logic and your morals that are completely fucked.

Muh ads
Muh money
Muh bussiness
Muh wealth
Muh money
Muh money

Life isn't a bussiness, you are desensitized. Go for a walk in nature......

His software is botnet

I hope you're not doing this for free

Ad companies can't force anything onto MY COMPUTER without MY PERMISSION. Ad companies can suck a fucking dick. Fucking get it, cunts.

I'm not blocking ads, I'm just not requesting them.

internet is a pull medium, not a push medium

You stole millions of bitcoins if you refuse to run ransomware on your computer

>web companies going bankrupt
Good, fuck em.

i sincerely hope every advertising company goes bankrupt

i hope the families involved starve

i hope every ceo of every ad company has to see their children starve to death.

baste

Attached: 1547891122528.jpg (240x231, 9K)

So, will WebAssembly kill ad blockers?

no
javascript.options.wasm => false

THIS!
every single motherfucker in this planet that does marketing shit needs to drop dead

>OOPS
>We’ve run into a little snag :(
>Your browser does not support WebAssembly or has it disabled :(
>Our site will not work without this feature
>Please enable it or update your browser so we can show you great content :3

>websites try to monetize off me by spying on me and shoving creepy targeted ads in my face without my written consent or agreement to their terms (visiting a site is not consent)
>i am a thief for defending myself against the rape of my comfort at home, privacy and personal information

ok mate

Yeah unfortunately ublock origin is a botnet since what you block is a more significant tracer than what you accept, not to mention the aggregate of the route

Marketing is almost completely the driving force behind the bullshit social upheaval lately. Advertisers and marketers decide what ideals and concepts are acceptable to the public and which are de-platformed. Fuck em all to hell.

Attached: 1488296491499.png (334x313, 162K)

Mainstream Adblocking thru addons has become relatively normie tier

>Go for a walk in nature......
stop watching Luke Smith, the dude walks by a couple of trees when he goes to get groceries, he is not Bear Grills, fag.

that would mean even death of google since they are the biggest. I would also lose my only source of income which is adsense

This and /thread

then you deserve it just as much.

>He has stolen billions in ad revenue
Yeah, and where is that money? Nowhere, because content blocking is not stealing, dumbfuck monkey nigger corporate shill.

And you are way out of touch, stop telling people what to do you fucking dictator

How has he stolen anything? Seriously answer that honestly or get reported for shitposting.

the amount of people that actually use actual element blocking and stuff like this is less than 5%. Most the people browsing the internets using garbage like adblockplus

How is abp any less effective?

Ad companies use the processing power of systems that don't belong to them, why haven't they been sued?

No.
Not only do normies have facebook accounts, they have the facebook app installed.

Selling out. (for free)
Allowing some adds through intentionally.

ublock origin isn't botnet lol

>leave the site forever and block it via uBlock Origin, hosts file and in router
Problem solved.

Even if the whitelist option is unchecked? I've never had an ad slip through with that setting off.

It's performance is bullshit low. Having as many filters as I have in uBlockOrigin makes the browser load 10x slower (not even joking, it's actually 10x) and tabs randomly freezing. It's utter shit. uBlockOrigin blocks domains so an ad never loads. ABP just hides ads and page elements.

>stolen
give me your definition of theft and I assure you it's a brainlet--tier definition

>AdSense dying
good riddance, that cancerous tumor was the beginning of every internet company consolidating once they realized the Web of Trust was less profitable than VC Silicon Valley jewgle fuckery. anything to kill off the ad tech cancer when Project Wonderful was literally the solution to it all adverts.

if you want to get paid, use a paywall. i pay for my bandwidth, thus i decide what it will be used for.

and it will not be used as a financial crutch for bad content creators, especially when it ruins my browsing experience...

fuck off dude, then you're going to pirate it off tpb and claim that piracy is copying and not stealing.

>Thinking ABP isn't more popular than uBlock Origin

It is under capitalism. Until air is monetized, corporations will be restless.

Using a blocker is NOT theft. Don't fall for this creepy idea. The ultimate logical consequence of blocking = theft is the criminalisation of the inalienable right to privacy.

Ads, "unintrusive" or not, are just the visible portions of privacy-invading apparatus entering your browser when you visit most sites nowadays. uBlock Origin's main goal is to help users neutralize such privacy-invading apparatus — in a way that welcomes those users who don't wish to use more technical, involved means (such as uMatrix).

>probably has resulted in multiple web companies going bankrupt
Good.

Attached: Bowsette upscaled and good looking.png (1290x1824, 1.71M)

ad revenue as defined by the advertiser is almost as grossly inflated as bitcoin. they pretend that an ad = a clickthrough = a 10% chance of a sale. not even remotely close. ads are worthless, and ublock origin is more a malware vector blocker than an ad blocker.

people who believe in the power of advertising are like people who believe nigerian scammers. there's always going to be enough idiots to keep them in business.

mmm sounds lewd

the only good thing out of go gole is keeping yt afloat (but only because they get to get all this added data) besides the stupid music deals making any song play on demand, there's also a shit ton of good stuff like documentaries and obscure recordings otherwise gog el is cancer and should die both the corp and the ppl involved in it

>and probably has resulted in multiple web companies going bankrupt

lets hope