Do you fags have actual reasons why you don't like macOS or are you just meming?

Do you fags have actual reasons why you don't like macOS or are you just meming?

Attached: 1543940175028.png (350x339, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gerard/ext4fuse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

muh games

Outdated Unix tools
Shitty 3rd party package manager
No way to configure almost anything about the UI
Terrible window manager and dock (can't hover or click on inactive windows for example)
Doesn't support any decent filesystems
Lots of dev stuff that's on Linux not available
On the other hand only has a fraction of Windows app support

They're memeing, the only thing I love more than macOS is Tryone's cummy dick in my mouth after he's finished with my wife.

difficult to keep up to date on non-mac hardware, and the mac hardware is anti-consumer

Also """Finder""" is the worst file browser I've ever had the displeasure of using

>The official hardware is expensive, weak, and exceptionally difficult to take apart/upgrade/tinker with.
>Getting Hackintosh working is way too much fucking trouble when I have something equivalent with Windows/Linux.
>Software support is terrible compared to Windows.
And that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure if I were to sit down and think about it, I could come up with many more. I'm a CS major - I need more flexibility from my computers than Apple offers.

>Can only run on official hardware or very specific bits and pieces of kit that you slap together yourself.
>What you get is yet another *nix with shiny icons.
The only reason I use proprietary operating systems is for the software library only it provides. macOS does not have any exclusive software I need.

>Outdated Unix tools
Not wrong, but not really as much of an issue as you might think
>Shitty 3rd party package manager
Subjective and irrelevant
>No way to configure almost anything about the UI
Incorrect and irrelevant
>Terrible window manager and dock (can't hover or click on inactive windows for example)
Your example is incorrect. It sounds like you just don't want to learn anything new.
>Doesn't support any decent filesystems
I think you mean "doesn't support my meme filesystems from Linux ootb".
>Lots of dev stuff that's on Linux not available
Such as?
>On the other hand only has a fraction of Windows app support
So does Linux, not that it's a problem. Quality/quantity

Overpriced sandboxed shit forcing you to buy every single cable from them for premium price.

Trolling that hard. Too obvious.

"forcing"

I updated my unix tools using homebrew.

What 3rd party tool do you use for setting two windows side by side?
Even fucking free Ubuntu lets you snap windows FFS.

>irrelevant
>irrelevant
>sounds like you dont want to learn anything new

let me guess, just pretending right ?

Can you give an example?

Cope

>Outdated Unix tools
No, outdated GNU tools due to GPLv3. Nothing to do with Unix.
>Shitty 3rd party package manager
Not part of macOS.
>No way to configure almost anything about the UI
That is just wrong. You can even run a tiling WM.
>Terrible window manager and dock (can't hover or click on inactive windows for example)
Yes you can.
>Doesn't support any decent filesystems
Like? It supports all major filesystems.
Such as?
>On the other hand only has a fraction of Windows app support
Quantity is irrelevant, most of that Windows only software is pure garbage. It has everything that matters.

Bad price to quality ratio.

>No, outdated GNU tools due to GPLv3. Nothing to do with Unix
Why won't they allow me to take profit of other's work for free?

Attached: índex.jpg (188x269, 9K)

>Not part of macOS.
Oh well that makes everything all right!
>no package manager

>Like? It supports all major filesystems.
Doesn't support ext4 nor NTFS. No ZFS either. Thanks to macos there's no decent filesystem supported by all three major desktop OSes.

Goddamn.

Hardware is overpriced
much of the functionality is locked behind proprietary walled garden systems like iTunes
Dislike the appearance of hardware
Doesn't support most of the software I use
very limited hardware support
proprietary

It supports all of them, and NTFS is definitely not decent. Where do you guys hear this nonsense? Have you even used macOS before?
BSD is the same way, you dolt. It's a fundamental problem with GPLv3 that even Linus Torvalds recognises.

He said macOS. That has nothing to do with the hardware. Try to stay on topic.

>I don't know how to rice this wm, it's stupid, not me.
Cope.

Attached: 1543245642183.jpg (1024x768, 232K)

Like fuck it does. Anything that's not HFS+ (lol) or their fresh memeFS is read-only. Why the hell did they waste their time on developing a new filesystem when they could have adopted ext4 or finally implemented working write support for NTFS?

Not only proprietary shit, but it's extremely walled-off proprietary shit. Apple effectively invented SaaS and even HaaS decades ago. A pox upon them and anyone who gives them a single cent.

Don't bother. Jow Forums is full of winbabbies from /v/ and ricers who think an os' value comes from how the UI looks in screenshots. Doing actual work is a foreign concept here

It was fine. I liked the trackpad gestures and that they worked correctly every time. I liked the update system. I liked the polishedness of it all.

I disliked Finder, however. It's super slow when working with samba shares and generally just sucks as a file manager. I disliked that almost every peace of software costs money. I wanted to like the unix command line but didn't really, Linux does this better. Also can't beat the Linux package managers.

I sold my macbook while I could still get good money for it, it was an okay two-year try period but I guess I like Linux and Windows better.

Attached: 1548531508985.webm (990x720, 2.45M)

>No, outdated GNU tools due to GPLv3. Nothing to do with Unix.
Then why can't a trillion dollary company step up and roll their own tools if they care about developers so much?

>That is just wrong. You can even run a tiling WM.
Lol what the fuck. Some unsupported piece of garbage, right? There's no decent WM alternatives for MacOS. And you definitely can't trigger hover or click events on windows, you have to click them active before anything happens. That's a major PITA.

Valgrind is the most obvious piece of software that's wholly missing on MacOS, but there's more. And on most stuff you have to rely on outdated bianaries, unlike Linux

Why would they want to work on NTFS when it is far worse that HFS+? You have obviously never used macOS, though, because NTFS and ext3/ext4 both support read and write.

Attached: 1524013008941.gif (600x338, 2.18M)

Poo in loo iPajeet.

Attached: 1549135790027.png (796x1045, 381K)

>Why would they want to work on NTFS when it is far worse that HFS+?
Citation fucking needed. I never ran into problems using NTFS, meanwhile HFS+ actually got corrupted twice on sudden power loss

>github.com/gerard/ext4fuse
This is not "ext4 support". It's slow as all hell, YOU are clearly the one who's never actually used it.

Nice job ignoring all the other points I made

Attached: 1529221930918.png (760x547, 42K)

>Then why can't a trillion dollary company step up and roll their own tools if they care about developers so much?
Because LVVM is fine.
>Lol what the fuck. Some unsupported piece of garbage, right? There's no decent WM alternatives for MacOS
You're free to help them if you think their work is bad, you know? It's open source software.
Oh look, Wintoddler lost and will now spam his image collection.
>Citation fucking needed. I never ran into problems using NTFS
Nice anecdotal evidence. NTFS is by far the worst FS.
You can read and write to ext4, how is that not support?
You didn't say anything of note.

Attached: 1543313463391.png (1280x800, 852K)

Attached: 1533700254220.png (661x825, 89K)

>Because LVVM is fine.
What is fine? Do you even have any idea what you're talking about?

>You're free to help them if you think their work is bad, you know? It's open source software.
Or I could use a decent OS where changing the WM isn't such a pain in the ass that nobody has actually done it. "Lol why don't you do it" is not an argument when evidently on MacOS you _are_ locked into Apple's running joke of a DE.

Attached: 1536953073507.png (1011x755, 162K)

>What is fine?
Not GPLv3, retard. That is what we are talking about. Try to follow along.
>Lol why don't you do it" is not an argument
If you want to bitch and moan so much, you should be prepared to help. Otherwise quit your bitching.

Attached: 1546240992394.png (782x636, 111K)

closed-source
non-free
proprietary
botnet

This was hilarious, but also patched quickly

sudo trimforce enable

>You didn't say anything of note
"I have no way to address your concerns"

>Not GPLv3, retard. That is what we are talking about. Try to follow along.
Maybe try making sense first. What does GPLv3 have to do with "LVVM"? Are you talking about LLVM or what?
>If you want to bitch and moan so much, you should be prepared to help. Otherwise quit your bitching.
No, I'll keep happily using Linux since it's superior in virtually every aspect. I spent a year suffering with a macbook and I never want to repeat that experience.

Your points are either subjective or misinformed. What are you even trying to say with that iTunes shit? You're retarded.

Attached: 1540669724004.png (788x388, 130K)

Attached: 1541989866689.png (615x247, 55K)

>NTFS is by far the worst FS.
>*blocks your path*

Attached: FAT32.png (1115x724, 138K)

>Maybe try making sense first
Sorry, I forgot that English is your second language after Hindu. A simple typo makes the sentence totally imparsable for you.
>No, I'll keep happily using Linux since it's superior in virtually every aspect.
Linux is just a kernel. What are you on about? They are not comparable.

It only comes on Apple computers, which are horridly overpriced and underpowered.
Installing it on a PC means that you have to hackjob it to the point that Linux is a more elegant solution.
Since I don't ever plan on buying an Apple computer, I don't have a reason to ever use MacOS.

Attached: 1522095433287.jpg (1356x848, 120K)

>subjective
Yeah you asked why I dislike macOS and I told you why I dislike it. I didn't say it's bad, just that I don't like it.

Attached: 1518406947023.jpg (1024x640, 540K)

>Yeah you asked why I dislike macOS
No I didn't.

Attached: 1534480637907.png (878x968, 98K)

>Linux is just a kernel. What are you on about? They are not comparable.
Nice try being pedantic when you think LLVM is "LVVM" and that it's related to licenses.

Attached: btfo.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

Attached: 1532660814090.png (704x783, 227K)

>you need to do cmd+shift+g to enter /usr dir
I still choose Mac at work because no way I'm gonna bother with windows shit.

>Nice try being pedantic when you think LLVM is "LVVM" and that it's related to licenses.
How is it being pedantic? I don't go around calling Android "Linux" like you do. You can't get over a single typo, seek help. You missed the point entirely, but no one ever accused you pajeets of being able to read properly, so I'll give you a pass. Maybe you should head back to Windows, because you clearly don't knowan alternative if you think Linux is an OS.

Attached: 1545539690249.png (642x1488, 245K)

Worst thing is that you cannot move/resize windows with the keyboard on macos. Sure you can download an app like shiftit, but that is native functionality in most OS. The faggots introduce dark mode shit but yet fail to implement native keyboard windowing.

cd /usr
There you go.

i like the idea of MacOS, but i only make $57,000 a year, so i've never been able to afford the hardware.

You can get a used Mac from 2013 for less than $200.

Attached: 1522717538215.png (1213x636, 156K)

>Do you fags have actual reasons why you don't like macOS

Wait, what? Is this for real?

Attached: 1522931944006.png (1368x768, 553K)

I didn't say that, you retard. How new are you?

You are an illiterate fag. We are talking about finder not about terminal. Never reply to me or my reposts ever again.

Attached: 1542996698553.png (672x428, 349K)

Link?

Press alt+option.

I'm still waiting for you to explain what LLVM has to do with the licensing and of GNU tools and them being outdated on MacOS.

Linux obviously in this context refers to the group of common desktop distributions using Linux when. Anybody can understand that, except you apparently.
>y-you use Windows
Why does it always come to this with you iDiot apologists?

Finally, you never proved that you can trigger hover events on inactive windows on MacOS. Because you can't. That makes having windows side-by-side annoying as hell. Though macs don't really even support proper tiling (no snapping, no corner resizing) so I guess it's not a problem.

Attached: 1548887173644.jpg (900x1200, 277K)

eBay.
But the terminal is better.

What is this about? The 'Window' menu doesn't work in Safari?

That sounds even less intuitive than pressing down key in GNOME Shell.

>from 2013
try 2010

>terminal
The terminal is even better on Linux. So why use a shitty overpriced instagram machine?

Attached: 1548057160272.jpg (800x800, 190K)

But you shouldn't, because the newest versions of macOS don't run on old machines.

vs. I can install the latest Linux Mint on any ancient Core2Duo

macfag here

The UI is configurable, you just have to try pretty hard, which is inexcusable. kwm/chunk is the only real WM

i use macos and have never once used gestures. I know plenty of mac h8rs who will admit they think the trackpad/gestures is tight, but idk fuck that shit. Keyboard shortcuts can accomplish everything.

I got tricked into buying a mac in 2007ish because of the idea that they're better for graphic design, since then I just have continued to buy 3rd party macs for shit cheap. DESU osx/macos is pretty tight for the sole reason that it's the easiest way to have unix + industry standard creative software like after effects and ableton. Other than that there is zero redeemable qualities to the os.

The thing that pisses me off most about my path is that I'm not qualified for any IT related jobs even though I know osx inside and out and am pretty fluent with bash, just because I've spent the past 12 years on osx/linux w/ no windows experience

Attached: 51565848_330998400848618_7344276149242953728_n.jpg (2048x1536, 524K)

Attached: 1540748404666.jpg (1440x1710, 587K)

Gestures are great for back/forward and zooming. Touchpad is the one thing Macs really do better than anything else by a mile.

>I'm still waiting for you to explain what LLVM has to do with the licensing and of GNU tools and them being outdated on MacOS.
You asked why they don't "roll" their own tools, I informed you that, as an example, LLVM exists and is better than the GCC, so they don't need to write a new compiler. They don't have to rely on GNU tools that are licensed under GPLv3.
>Linux obviously in this context refers to the group of common desktop distributions using Linux when. Anybody can understand that, except you apparently.
It just shows that you don't actually use GNU. Linux is a kernel used in numerous operating systems. They differ so greatly that it makes no sense to call them all Linux.
>Finally, you never proved that you can trigger hover events on inactive windows on MacOS
Try using more precise language. Do you evem know what you are talking about? What you are saying could refer to a number of things. But you're too stupid to realise that. Kill yourself, please.

Oh good god this manages to take the cake. A catastrophic result from an extremely basic computer operation, and it's not even a bug. Apple ought to be seized on grounds of continuously producing consumer hazards.

Attached: 1540210222943.jpg (1440x1639, 568K)

thanks for the needful 10 rupees are awaiting in your account

>actual reasons why you don't like macOS
less software
shit enterprise integration
poor security
lack of development
it's gay

>Company has one Mac Mini 2010 for testing purposes
>Slow as shit because spinning rust drive
>Order a bunch of SSDs to updgrade some of the older PCs.
>Look up the disassembly for Mac Mini
>36 super simple steps to remove a fucking hard drive
It'd be probably cheaper for the company to buy a new one.

Attached: 1338761679793.gif (295x221, 554K)

I've never used it.

Get over it, baby duck.
No. Are you from a country with a weak currency?
Linux is just a kernel. If you mean Androidxp, then no. It doesn't even have a terminal by default.
Yes it does. A 2013 Mac will run Mojave.

Attached: 1541705360832.jpg (685x1041, 116K)