The highest quality phone camera literally costs 30 bucks

>the highest quality phone camera literally costs 30 bucks

How do they get away with this?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190211-121716_eBay.jpg (1077x910, 199K)

you idiots keep buying their shit. vote with your wallets

>literally costs 30 bucks
>34.99

device prices are inflated, agreed. but dont forget you arnt just getting a camera module.

Because you dumb and 30$ is even excessive when the highest use case is instagram

The optimal for online camera is prob worth literally 2$ this is why a 80$ android is optimal phone if you can't get them in USA import them from poor state or country

So do the ones in cheap digital cameras. Difference is you get a phone with the camera and if you buy a cheap PAYG phone it's a good deal if you aren't super serious about photography.

I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 and its camera is better than my Canon IXUS (far less noise, higher fidelity).

as stupid as prices of high end smartphones now are, they can't be just a sum of material cost.
pic related is iphone x bom

Attached: iphone_x_bom.png (1172x1326, 80K)

this. i cringe everytime normies talk economics.

The module itself is useless
it's the processing stuff that really does it
look at Xperia phones, they have top tier Sony sensors but the photos are garbage

What is the price if I Ikea the phone?

It's all just software tricks. The cameras themselves are complete garbage, even in 2019. Take a raw photo if you can. Look how shitty it looks.
Impressive considering how small they are, but garbage on an objective level.

Does this account scale costs? Manufacturing and assembly design and process? What about marketing? What about logistic costs?

>Manufacturing and assembly design and process? What about marketing? What about logistic costs?
Obviously not. That's just tray prices. The actual cost to Apple could be higher (or lower too given scale like u said) at the end. They have a total profit margin of about 40%, which is just a bit higher than companies like Nvidia and Intel who hover around 30-35%

Camera sensors, even the high-end ones, are ultra cheap. They're just a few millions of transistors on a small surface. What makes the cost difference between low and high-end cameras are the optics.

So build your own mobile phone, you will be very rich man.

koreans are just slant eye jews

All phone camera hardware is super shit, it's the post processing that matters.

It's a ridiculously tiny photosensitive die, there's nothing expensive about it. It probably costs like 10 cents to manufacture. And you can't use it on its own.

That is arguably too much, considering you are locking yourself into their ecosystem which makes them money as well. Buying Nvidia or Intel product doesn't come with that. I mean, Nvidia for example still fully supports their 10+ years old line of products, Apple definitely doesn't.

more like slant eye niggers

>t. micron shill getting BTFO by Samsung and Hynix

>materials costs
>does this consider everything that's not material?
You should read your own post, just to fix your retardation there.