While /hmg/ is sleeping edition

while /hmg/ is sleeping edition

/netsec/ is dedicated to everything about computer security, networks, exploits, reverse engineering, malware research, etc

Discord: discord.gg/jHZxsd9

What are you learning, /netsec/?

>Learning
cybrary.it/
n0where.net/
offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed
resources.infosecinstitute.com/
windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/
sans.org/reading-room/
allitebooks.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
learncodethehardway.org/c/
corelan.be/index.php/articles/
opensecuritytraining.info/Training.html
blackhat.com/html/archives.html
securitytube.net/
opensecuritytraining.info/Welcome.html
beginners.re/
phrack.org/
phrack.org/archives/issues/49/14.txt -- Smashing The Stack For Fun And Profit
howto.hackallthethings.com/
pastebin.com/raw/cRYvK4jb (embed) -- Phineas Phisher Gamma
pastebin.com/raw/0SNSvyjJ (embed) -- Phineas Phisher HackingTeam
pastebin.com/pm1WLXQj (embed) -- AnonSec OpNasaDrones
archive.org/stream/pdfy-rJnW-pPgiHK61dok/Black Hat Python, Python Programming for Hackers_djvu.txt
github.com/rpisec/mbe
reverse engineering
microcorruption.com/
github.com/dennis714/RE-for-beginners

>News/CVE releases
threatpost.com/
deepdotweb.com/
packetstormsecurity.com/
cvedetails.com/
routerpwn.com/
exploit-db.com/
rapid7.com/db/
0day.today/

>CTF/Wargames
overthewire.org/wargames/
pentesterlab.com/
itsecgames.com/
exploit-exercises.com/
enigmagroup.org/
smashthestack.org/
3564020356.org/
hackthissite.org/
hackertest.net/
0x0539.net/
vulnhub.com

Attached: 1549144505722.png (680x680, 888K)

Other urls found in this thread:

offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im too dumb for this

Is 24 too old to OSCP

offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
only if by 24 you mean your IQ

Currently going for Security+ for employment and familiarizing myself with C.

Do you guys do renewals of certifications every 2 years? Or are you like fuck that?

How secure am I on the internet, if I buy a used laptop cash and use some cracked neighbors WiFi?

If you are interested, you can learn anything, age doesn't matter.

Just think:
A Bachelor in computer science needs 3 years and if you are really interested in something, you can learn all these stuff much faster.
If you really want to learn it: Learn it. Get the books. Get the tutorials and you will be an expert in less than two years.

Looking for research materials on DNS enumeration if anyone has em

>no irc channels

Uh better hope you have a firewall up on either your device or your neighbor's router. Firewalls and ping blocking deters most skiddies

I believe u. Bump to keep thred aliv3.
Can someone post a list of hacking movies? There was a short one on a previous /hmg/

On my way to the airport for another interstate red teaming op.
It's a fun industry my friends...tho the market demand here in Australia isn't exactly massive.

Nah man

What do I do if I know that a public organization that handles millions of peoples basic information (name, address, email, phone) is vulnerable due to severely outdated outdated software across the country (ancient web scripts and outdated/vulnerable FTP) ?

Anyone have any experience doing things like this, obviously want to report it but I'd like to not get thrown in jail even though it's all publicly discoverable and a 12 year old could see it. Are there pre-written forms or emails I can use?

>discord
Kill yourself, you absolute faggot. Go back to r*ddit and say there, you fucking cancer.

Just don't bother.

>obviously want to report it but I'd like to not get thrown in jail
if you know they're vulnerable you've probably already gone further than you're legally allowed to
only through building trust with someone important prior to disclosure do you lessen (but not remove) your chances of getting in trouble even though you're doing the right thing

A lot of good links in here

My dumbass dad got tricked into giving away last 4 digits of SSN and email info as well from someone pretending to be from his bank.. What can be done with that info realistically?

I wish I could get into read team blue team stuff but I don't even know where to start learning what's needed. I can't even program

Let's say I have a vulnerable web application that endes its urls something like ?variable=1. How can I grab every DB value that the variable can retrieve if I know the range, let's say months of the year {1..12}. Also how can I enumerate all the variables living in the URL? Thanks in advance Jow Forumsents.

>cybersec general is nothing but discussions about muh privacy addons for browsers
>/hmg/ and now this general always die with barely 100 posts
what's even the point

>what's even the point
Don't we always ask that question, and most importantly, isn't that question always about ourselves?

Life has no meaning, we're just here to play silly games while wearing leather gloves and a balaclava