OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

techpowerup.com/252476/amd-radeon-vii-has-no-uefi-support

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Ia9YblWNLOKCsCxN.jpg (404x523, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hardocp.com/news/2019/02/11/amd_releases_bios_for_radeon_vii_uefi_gop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wait what? my moms 5 year old 970 has this feature

>no uefi
good, fuck uefi

radeon is a joke. From navi being delayed till october to this like comeon

wait, what?
Are you fucking kidding?

Firing Rajeet was too kind, he should've thrown off a cliff

>no drivers
>no uefi

Attached: 1360368220235.jpg (720x720, 75K)

>that memory bandwidth

Attached: sam hyde police.gif (484x305, 1.12M)

WHAT THE FUCK, I'm done with RTG

>NO UEFI
>amd forcing consumers to make good decisions

Literally this

based.
On top of that, superior FOSS Linux drivers further drives them away since Adrenaline drivers are just garbage

What the fuck. How did these pajeets let such a massive error get through their QA process. Now they are relying on end users to do a video BIOS update which has a high chance of bricking the card. This is ridiculous

Attached: AMDDelidThis.png (882x758, 227K)

You have to be fucking kidding me....

ikr
are we supposed to take benchmarking on windows serously

Fix is to flash Radeon VII with an updated Asrock ROM which has the UEFI support.

Works on all VII cards as they are all the same reference design.

Quite the fuck up for a much hyped card though.

i dunno senpai, giving him to the enemy might be just as good

This.

Shit card turns out to have shit development behind it. Surprise surprise.

Attached: 1440096850282.jpg (640x640, 66K)

>The first batch needs a bios update

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

>ASRock is the first AMD AIB (add-in board partner) to release a corrective BIOS update.
that was fast

Attached: drivea.jpg (1600x1200, 378K)

>An Fix
>Made available through a third party
AMD disgusts me. Why can't they ever fix their own shit?

>J-just wait until N-Navi is ann-announced you stupid n-nvidia and in-intel shills!!!!

Attached: 1484082627623.gif (320x180, 2.9M)

Does it hurt to be that retarded?

wew lad
Glad I never fell for the ATI and now AMD GPU meme.

AsRock is based as fuck. I've had a motherboard of theirs for like 6 years now, not one issue.
>mfw people told me their cheap, shit boards, for poorfags
>their gigabyte/ASUS trash fucks their PC with aids and games don't work / crash because their board is wank shit
whos laughing now

Attached: 1545967227426.png (595x760, 495K)

>Does it hurt to be that retarded?
Does it hurt that you have to wait for Wendell, or ASrock to release a fix for your AMD hardware?

>AsRock is based as fuck
Agreed. They were the only ones who didn't fold when Intel was bitching about nonk Skylar over clocking.

tfw you shill for AMD so hard that you have to pretend UEFI is bad

>mfw people told me their cheap, shit boards, for poorfags
They used to be when they were asus' budget brand, but they grew to be a lot better after they split.

I'll take that as a yes, maybe you should try going back to

>I'll take that as a yes, maybe you should try going back to Sorry I don't buy and shit, so I don't browse /v/ you dumb nigger.
Meanwhile amdniggers
>Can't into CUDA
>hardware is in consoles
>hardware is useless outside of gaming
>hardware needs third part enthusiasts to fix
>is worthless outside of gaming
Maybe it's you who should stop crossboarding you piece of shit /v/tarded amdfag.

But it IS bad. I wish it wasn't the standard, but it's too late now.

still have my Z87 Extreme4 6 fucking years later

ASRock is bois

Attached: DwiEaVnWkAA4KFR.jpg (600x865, 43K)

>doesn't understand how bios/uefi updates work
Do you also think Gigabyte/ASUS/whatever is fixing Intel CPUs when you update your mobo? Fucking retard.

UEFI us bad, but the fact that this card doesn't support it is far worse. It's not as if AMD was taking a stand against it, or anything like that. It's just that they are incompetent as fuck.

>muh gaming
>muh gaming
>YOU need to go to /v/
kys, retard
you're the cancer killing this board

>Defending AMD this hard
Do you think just, because bios updates are up to board manufacturers that the original chooser creators have nothing to do with it?
Iirc AMD are the only brainlets when it comes to their own hardware, and they leave it up to everyone else in the world to fix their fuckups.

>kys, retard
>you're the cancer killing this board
>muh can't talk about gaming
>muh game benches
>muh brand loyalty
>muh games
>muh why can't I talk about muh games outside of /v/
Nah. You're the real cancer, and you should put a bullet into the side of your head while jumping off of a cliff retard.

>Do you think just, because bios updates are up to board manufacturers that the original chooser creators have nothing to do with it?
You're literally refuting your first post, you retard.

>You're literally refuting your first post, you retard.
Explain. My claim is that AMD are the only retards that leave it up to third parties to fix their fuck ups. Intel, and Nvidia usually do not have this problem.

And you claimed that because the update is provided by the board manufacturer.

>And you claimed that because the update is provided by the board manufacturer.
See
How much clearer can I get? Are you really that stupid?

This post is eight out of four.

>update delivered by board manufacturer, just like in mobos
>REEEEE AMD DID NOTHING
Just go back to /v/
Oh wait, you get banned there for making threads like these, no surprise you faggots come and shit up this board instead.

>update delivered by board manufacturer
Update delivered by ASrock who fixed the issue themselves. Which solidifies my claim.
>Just go back to /v/
>Oh wait, you get banned there for making threads like these, no surprise you faggots come and shit up this board instead.
I wouldn't know what /v/ bans for, because I've never actually viewed that board.
Now I'll reiterate
>Sorry I don't buy and shit, so I don't browse /v/ you dumb nigger.
Meanwhile amdniggers
>Can't into CUDA
>hardware is in consoles
>hardware needs third part enthusiasts to fix
>is worthless outside of gaming
>Maybe it's you who should stop crossboarding you piece of shit /v/tarded amdfag.
>Nah. You're the real cancer, and you should put a bullet into the side of your head while jumping off of a cliff retard.
Now please refrain from posting if you can't make a sufficient counter argument to my posts. Retard.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD!!

>be you
>don't have VII
>care about it so much
>be me
>have VII
>don't give a shit

I'd still buy this gpu right now, but only if it was sub $300. Personally do not think that it's worth any more than that given what is currently available from the competition.

>16GB of memory
>$300
maybe soon

>have VII
Post timestamp, and which retailer you purchased from.

I bought a used 16gb fireproof a few years ago for $200. I know that isn't really a 1:1 since it was used, and heavily discounted, but I still keep the dream alive, because of it. Luck has spoiled me.

I took this picture last week for the gaymen coupon

Attached: mail.naver.com.jpg (1280x720, 245K)

>radeon vii
>cancer and reproductive harm
sounds about right

Can't make a new time-stamped image?

>AMD
>Cancer and reproductive harm

Attached: 1546741528603.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

You realize that the VII is just a rebranded and stripped back MI50 GPGPU, right?
AMD's been putting on a good show against Intel in datacenters lately, the Instinct cards are very viable competitors against Intel's Teslas, and the hardware is very impressive.
Not that it seems to matter to you, since your arguments seem to all surround games.
The VII, like the MI50 it's based off of, will do things that you'd need a Titan or Tesla from Nvidia to do otherwise, and it does it for a quarter of the price. Shame you can't see past the video games to recognize that.
Forget UEFI patching, I want to flash the VII back to a MI50.

>intel
>tesla
derp'd but argument still stands

Attached: 142544634.jpg (720x1280, 146K)

>You realize that the VII is just a rebranded and stripped back MI50 GPGPU, right?
>stripped of all of it's usefulness
Yes, and your point?

>no date
I see where this is going.

Based. Amdrones is getting ridiculous.

Why care so much tho? VII isn't something special
I bought it because my reference Vega 64 was too loud

>Why care so much tho?
lel
>asked to provide timestamp
>doesn't

Attached: 144339720.jpg (720x1280, 164K)

Can you post non vidya benches?

I'm a GNU/Linux user, and I think you guys need to give UEFI another chance. One time, when I decided to go an easier route when re-setting up my gaming laptop and installed KDE Neon before Windows, I was gambling a bit since in BIOS installation doing Windows afterwards was retarded as you would have to do a boot repair to restore Linux. But instead, it went smoothly, extremely smoothly. Windows 10 installed alongside KDE Neon and didn't delete Grub, it just added its bootloaders to the existing EFI partition. Having a proper filesystem and the bootloaders as a file is a major step up from and is much more Unix-like than the horrible and retarded BIOS way of having a cryptic and almost "magical" space of data where a bootloader secretly lies. Besides, to make things better, I don't even need Grub, and if I wanted too, I could just have the UEFI boot menu directly link to the Linux kernel and I can just whack F9 during boot and pick the Windows or KDE Neon bootloader.

UEFI is not perfect (praise core/libreboot) but it's miles better than the crusty BIOS. And it's simple when you realize that booting works by having .efi executables sitting in a partition and forget the BIOS way when dealing with the modern PC.

Attached: praiseyoufee.png (424x119, 5K)

Same but I will sell it, the fan is too loud, I will buy a MSI 2070 Gaming Z

I told you this card will be worst than Fury. If at least the card was cheaper than a RTX 2080...They took the old Mi25

just going past this thread to say you're very autistic

>I don't understand your use case, therefore the product best suited for it is bad
This is basically your logic. Stop caring about gaming and celebrate that AMD is selling a card worth thousands for hundreds, because you won't get this kind of FP64 performance out of anything else for less than $2500.
I'm sure AMD is making a loss on these, but they're probably doing it so they have a halo GPU to flash around until the next gen of cards is out.

Attached: Sandra-2018-SP3a-Scientific-FP64-Double-Precision-GPU-Performance-AMD-Radeon-VII-680x451.png (680x451, 101K)

>highest fp64 in mainstream GPU
>can't use it for anything
AMD in a nutshell

>user claims to have GPU
>Posts shopped timestamp
Autism

>can't use it for anything
Get a job and maybe you'll have something to use it for :')

FUG YOU!
Bios is simple and easy to use, and i for one can live without your dumb you eee ef eye crap or whatever you call it.
Just letting you know who the real bigot is, and that's you!

Post benches with undervolt/oc and 1200mhz hbm

AMDrones btfo

Who care?

>no uefi
fucking based.

>Get a job that requires you to be in a highly specialized, and trained field to make use of a shitty highly specialized GPU
Pic is you.

Attached: self-owned.jpg (500x501, 70K)

It also apparently doesn't have OpenCL (or DirectCompute?) according to that.

>m-muh games

Pls AMD for the love of god sell Radeon to INTEL for fuck sake ..

They fixed it you NVIDIOT. Literally on the same day these articles went up.

Keep giving your Shekels to Jewnsen with his $1200 GPU, faggot.

We know Vega and Navi can't play games for shit. Enjoy your oil well and nuclear plant simulations while you run back up ops for the USGS survey teams.

Faggot.

I have a Vega Frontier (Vega 64 with 8GB more RAM) and it runs gaymes great at 1440p, no problem.

W-why you mad?

Has Exxon-Mobile returned your calls yet over the data you crunched on your Radeon VII?

Nah Im a 3d artist, and the company i work with bought a bunch of these cuz they had a contract with AyyyMD.

Very good card, I don't care if it runs hot.

PS. You're a faggot for supporting the green goblin. Keep sucking Jensens cock.

This

someone made a bad purchase decision.

it's still a giga-massive-huge fuckup. you can't defend that. it's like the PCI E draw last time.

it's not that I or most people blindly dislike Radeon. but come on now, do they even want market? this is a fucking enterprise card rebrand done in like a very hastily manner. so who the fuck is this card even for? who should buy this?

cause to me it looks like junk. the driver is junk. the BIOS is junk. its just fucking JUNK. where is a proper gaming GPU? where are the features? the open-source GameWorks like featureset? anything?!

>NOVIDEO chink detected

NVIDIA has twice as much R&D compared to AMD, and AMD has to share R&D funding with their CPU division.

Vega was also an enterprise card initially, so what?

Stop supporting NVIDIA if you're going to get a GTX2080 style card. RTX is dead in the water anyway, it has shit performance and DLSS is shit.

It has far better compute power than any NVIDIA card, actually twice as much as a Titan V.

Real talk, Why do I care if my GPU has uefi or bios?

you can't have pretty colours on the loading screen

W-who cares it's not like anyone has that thing enabled anyways

No seriously though what a fucking flop. And I love how AMD buried Intel for a while but seriously they're going back to the kind of shit company they always were.

I had an MHD3650 in my Radeon. Drivers were discontinued quickly after release, so running anything 3D was nothing but trouble. Involving huge amount of luck.

Then I had a 7870 which had an utterly horrible performance, and the only thing that it had...Mantle, did not even work properly in Battlefield 3. Then it cooked itself within 2 years.

read article mate.

You're a stupid piece of shit for conflating being anti Radeon VII as pro Nvidia. But what else is new with you lying faggot shills? Because these hot pieces of trash aren't even good at "3D art" but you would know that as a "3d artist" you lying faggot cock sucker.

I hope you choke on Huangs dick while you cry about your intellectual impotence.

AMD RELASED UEFI BIOS PATCH

NVIDIOTS BTFO
INTELLIOTS BTFO

do you use Microsoft's proprietary "SecureBoot" (which the source code got leaked so it has been already bypassed by freetards)?

It's almost like they fired their king pajeet and then cleared house of all his cancer.

Navi will be another dismal failure, and Vega 7 was just a product to appease the mouth breathing retards on Wall Street.