What's the best fork?

What's the best fork?

Attached: 1441907513101.png (512x512, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/muslayev/icecat-win64
spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html
github.com/MoonchildProductions/UXP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GNUzilla IceCat

this or waterfox if you're a windowslet

one with prongs that you can eat food from

Firefox is already good enough with Librefox.
But IceCat is the most based fork.

Pale Moon.

no fork is best fork

this one

Attached: best.jpg (600x600, 16K)

pale moon is the best firefox fork witohut a doubt. doesnt fuckin hog my cpu and ram 24/7.

/Thread

it's icecat, op

*some guy* on github compiles it for windows (buyer beware):
github.com/muslayev/icecat-win64

None. Vanilla Firefox with a properly configured about:config is the best browser you can get right now.
This dowsn't mean Firefox is good though. It means that all the other browsers are worse overall.

When I change the side I touch the previous one with my hand

>spyware startpage
>a lot of unsolicited requests by default
>developer's a furry
hmmmmmm

Firefox Nightly.

This but I have recently switched to only using ungoogled chromium (and yes I build the project from source.)

>ungoogled chromium
You need to go back(to IceCat)

Explain....

Ungoogled chromium is just a meme.
You can't undevil the devil can't you?

But the project combs throught all the merged chromium mainline commits removing the botnet.

Any solid steel fork is the best.
Because they are cheap, replaceable and I've never found myself too attached to one when I loose it.

>Ungoogled chromium is just a meme.
>You can't undevil the devil can't you?
What a nice technological explanation user, you surely convinced me.

I guess this makes it more safe but still I don't see any reason from moving from IceCat. I mean IceCat is endorsed by FSF which makes it 100% clear that it protects your privacy and freedoms.
Ungoogled chromium is a fork made by one guy of a browser known for not respectig privacy and freedoms.
I mean neither does firefox to an extent, but firefox is more "do what you want" about privacy(like, you don't have to remove massive amount of stuff to make it non botnet)
Chrome(ium), being developed by botnet, makes it nearly impossible non-botneting it without remove stuff from the source. Ungoogled chromium is good in the short run but I feel google is going to do something about it, directly or indirectly.

Waterfox

But it is an open source project, are you sure that there is nothing that can be done?

Icecat
I use it for most stuff, but sometimes some js doesn't work in any ff fork so I have to use ungoogled chromium/

>popular git repo
>made by one guy
It wasn't "made" by one guy. It was modified by one guy that spawned into many others modifying Chromium.

Also the source for Chromium is open. Just read through the commits in the past to see everything. Chrome on the other hand is closed source built off Chromium.

Google may decide "oh well people use unbotnet chromiun instead of our botnet chrome. Time to add more spware until ugoogled-chromium becomes harder and harder to keep up"
I'm not saying it will happen.
I'm saying it MAY happen.
>inb4 chromium is not chrome. It's open sauce faggit
Google kinda controls chromium, mostly through influence. So they can influence of how chromium exists.

Do tree style tabs on vanilla Firefox still look like ass?

Naenara

Attached: Red_Star_OS_2.jpg (1020x761, 307K)

How's LibreFox?

mine, and no you cant have it

Librefox maybe

waterfox is utter trash... crashes every 10 minutes, a lot of extensions unsupported, barely can handle 10 tabs.

This is unironically good browser. Bless Kim Jun Un and Kim Ir Sen

>talking off his ass
>not giving sources
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>spyware startpage
>unsolicited requests
spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html

>furry developer
github.com/MoonchildProductions/UXP
>Moonchild
>wolfbeast as username
>furry profile pic
makes you think

Not if you compile from source.

lunascape

Attached: 1195056182103.jpg (1600x1200, 298K)

this is your best bet

SeaMonkey.

spork

seamonkey had separate development from firefox from the start-it actually predates firefox itself.
it still uses the old 52esr gecko engine, and is targeted for an entirely different purpose (a suite of applications, rather than just a browser.) im not sure whether it really counts as a fork.
icecat and librefox, in my opinion, do not amount to a fork, because they only follow firefox esr, and adjust about:config settings and prepackage a few extensions, but do not independently develop the core browser itself.
seamonkey, and now i suppose waterfox, do truly count, because they independently continue development of ancient branches of firefox.

chromium