Technology as a new religion

Technology should be our new religion.

One that empowers the individual.

Where anything is possible with enough dedication, learning and hard work.

Knowledge should be shared to all.

Tech can heal our bodies, extend our lives and save this planet.

Should technology be a new religion?, what should be its core focus?

Attached: ghost in the wires1920.jpg (1920x1920, 414K)

Why?
We don't need religions in the first place.

No, but could I interest you in my religion?

Attached: 1549373734969.webm (720x404, 2.88M)

Technology won't be a new religion, as a religion requires faith in an unreal concept.

What seems to be happening is an increased faith in data. Datasim is the belief that if we just gethered enough data, that we could do X

So driverless car companies have us solve captchas, AWS records everything you say to Alexa, and Google monitors you closer then the government.

All for that sweet, sweet data

Perhaps religion is the wrong word.

we should discuss if technology will replace old religions instead

Attached: 1464952516732.jpg (1920x1080, 863K)

>what is transhumanism
newfag

Attached: 1520813579373.png (684x428, 217K)

transhumanism isn't a religion

you mean other than a bunch of people sticking magnets in their fingers?

This country and its citizens are a waste of ressources and needs to be stopped.

>Technology should be our new religion.
you wanna tell me faggots everywhere haven't already build a new spook through the belief into a future outside their understanding ?

Attached: 1510774408684.jpg (583x435, 56K)

yes, it goes way beyond that

Attached: 1533280764347.jpg (3264x2448, 837K)

religions are nothing more than hopeful thinking to one degree or another. transhumanism fits the bill

M'dude

>he doesn't know
As the Omnissiah commands.

Attached: 9l5q3571dm501.png (410x614, 346K)

>knowledge shared to all
>dedication, learning, and hard work

Thats kinda the antithesis's of religion.

>trans
binned.

>what is Kopimi

Attached: DOWNLOAD AS CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE.png (982x1269, 881K)

You first read Theilard de Chardin

Attached: teilhardchardin.png (1498x135, 50K)

>Technology won't be a new religion, as a religion requires faith in an unreal concept.
but it can, half the CS grads that come out today use faith that all their frameworks and bloat would work, not knowing what any of it does
read asimov's foundation

Jow Forums is and always be a Christian board. Go back to 'ddit you newfag.

Attached: B75952BA12644D289EE01793CB9E56AE.jpg (618x741, 75K)

Has the Adeptus Mechanicus figured out that they're the alpha test for a new generation of Necrons yet? Keep replacing that weak flesh with metal, just as the Void Dragon - oops, "Omnissiah" - instructs! Nothing could possibly go wrong!

Technology worship is shallow and pointless because it doesn't help answer any fundamental philosophical questions. Why do we need to be empowered? Why save the planet? If it's for our self preservation i.e. it keeps us alive, what's the point? Why not just suicide or let the damn species die off?
Ultimately you have to choose between God, and nihilism. There is no in between.

Attached: 1545469993452m.jpg (1024x847, 118K)

Technology doesn't empower individuals, it empowers powerful corporate and government institutions and erodes personal liberty.

Example: Deep Learning techniques can see people through walls, and get a decent signature based on how electromagnetic radiation bounces off your bodypart, effectively acting as a fingerprint.

US and Israel drone strikes are allowed to target males between the age of 18-50 even without any verification that they are terrorists, this was enacted under Obama.

The NSA is home to the greatest surveillance apparatus in human history, and corporations must comply with government laws on releasing personal data.

The Chinese now have a dystopian social credit score.

There are many more examples. Can you give me examples of where technology has extended your own personal liberty? I have only seen an erosion. Even more damning to technology as a religion is the result of this excessive vapid materialism and economic demand to always grow which is quickly accelerating us to ecological disaster.

I d i o t. N i g g e r.

this flyer is amazing.

we dont need religion, we need a gay science

Attached: 105e729d2c25521bfcec7b1ef3d9531f.jpg (486x810, 51K)

sounds pretty satanic to me desu ne

Why worship something that we understand? There is no need to appease things that can be understood. Maybe worship women HAHAH xD

hnnnnnnnnnnng

>t. just read Dan Brown's Origin for the first time.

Technology already is a religion
Why do you think people believe in stupid, unpractical, useless things like VR goggles or going to Mars
or people who project human attributes onto AI
or people who believe in the singularity

There's one already
It's called being a macfag
And look how that turned out.

Attached: e1b0c21.jpg (1080x1350, 207K)

>Nothing human makes it out of the near-future.

Attached: 1548712511438.gif (440x440, 2.37M)

World would be a lot better place if we would use actual science to control our decisions, policies and control how our resources get shared. Our current economic system and systems of government are deeply flawed and inefficient to handle modern challenges which threaten our social, environmental and even economic sustainability.

Attached: TZM.png (600x600, 84K)

I already dedicate my life to the study of technology to a religious degree. I'd say if it were to become a proper religion it'd be one dedicated to technological enlightenment which is brought about by zealous study and improvement of ones understanding in the field.

Attached: techbro.png (900x815, 1.47M)

Ray Kurtzweil called, you are 40 years late kid.

trips confirm
how will AI recover?

Attached: 1529853550390.png (500x540, 325K)

>religion requires faith in an unreal concept.
It doesn't

scaince, scaince is a new religion

Attached: ALL_MY_FRENS_DEAD.jpg (605x760, 64K)

>worshiping "The Architect"

Attached: 1403238290652.jpg (912x1024, 194K)