You now remember when Firefox was actually good

You now remember when Firefox was actually good.

Attached: 10660-image-1.jpg (659x280, 57K)

better when it was firebird though

i miss the old logo

Everything went downhill after version 4.

I kinda vaguelly remember liking phoenix because it was kinda like mozilla but all the extra shit removed. You know just being a fucking browser ie. application which fetches files over HTTP and renders HTML nothing more nothing less

yeah, today's nightly :)

>all those fucking terrible late 00s themes to customize your browser

I really miss that.
Personas are just not the same.

Attached: 1505739346566.png (645x772, 140K)

Firefox started to be shit when they started doing the rapid release bullshit

Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 were the good ones. 3.0 was slow, bloated and hogged too many hardware resources. It had great marketing campaign thanks to the 'Firefox download day'. In my experience with the 3.0 version It wasn't usable till 3.6 onwards. Firefox 4.0 and beyond was really bad until quantum, but it was too late... 5+ years too late. The company focused on becoming self righteous and feminist instead of caring about the browser, that's how they ended with a 5% market share.

It is bad but it is the best browser we have so fuck off!

I think every program gets worse after they start doing rapid release meme.

>7mb
fucking js

yeah, and their web sites weren't cancer design

v2 was my favourite. it took ages and basically all my shit breaking before i was forced to upgrade. lolifox was based.

Attached: 1337187383063.jpg (1440x900, 81K)

>Vista

Attached: 1521009110002.png (438x432, 61K)

is it? i think i was using win7 beta then but idk i cant remember and i dont know the time i took thie screen :/

Attached: 1350102984082.png (1200x1200, 958K)

Kek I remember when they pulled the world record software download a day shit and sent you a certificate for participation.

no, dude Chrome was shilled by Google paying tech companies.

Firefox hasn't ever been better than today. Remember when it natively blocked fingerprinting or blocked autoplaying ad videos? That's right it never did before Quantum.

Looking at stuff through the lens of nostalgia is cancer. You should kill yourselves right now if the futute isn't going to be better.

>spend a million dollars and 6 months of dev time removing "problematic syntax" from its codebase

Attached: 1538329042414.jpg (750x506, 148K)

It needed to be done.

>The best X yet
I always laugh at those word whenever someone points that at an iPhone event or something like that.
Of course is the best iPhone/graphics card/processor/etc. yet. I don't think you are going to make a big announcement and say.
>It is the second shittiest product yet, we actually have about 4 better options

I miss the old colorful design.

Attached: firefox-2.png (800x600, 193K)

you should check out lolifox dot org

idk, 4.0-11.0 might well be my favorite time period.
i have fond memories of using "morning coffee" extension to read all my webcomics

Like yesterday, which isn't hard because it was literally yesterday that I last used it.

>safer and smarter

finally, it can hide all those evil non-progressive opinions and make the internet into a safe place like the twitter