Let's collect unpopular opinions that enrage Jow Forums babbys -

Let's collect unpopular opinions that enrage Jow Forums babbys -
Apple's Mac was and still is the most ergonomic and overall the greatest desktop/workstation computer you can get today.

Attached: smiley-big.jpg (630x409, 40K)

NSA doesn't care about you unless you are inside the US or/and a terrorist/criminal/pedophile

SystemD is not bad at all when you work as a sysadmin.

The women that brightly succeed in tech are generally more academically achieved, excellent, intelligent, sociable, romantically successful, and downright more personable than the typical Jow Forums poster.

Yeah but we all have our own security agencies. It's not like anywhere outside the US is suddenly wild west. In fact the internet in the EU is shaping up to be an even more regulated space than in the US.

But China and big american companies do.

Systemd is good if implemented correctly.

Yes I agree with this
And this
So even if NSA doesn't care, stay safe, big companies do care.

Like MX linux?

They still don't care about you as a human at all, at worst they need some consumer info.
90% of Jow Forums's concerns are paranoid schizophrenia and have nothing to do with real interests of companies.

I don't want them to have my consumer info either. I can research the things I want to buy on my own just fine, I don't need shit shoved down my throat according to a consumer profile. Also Google and other services also track location data, so it very much has to do with your lifestyle and your person.

Rust is actually pretty based

And Fedora

mx linux is a fucking joke lmao, just use Debian retard

Seconding this. Men and women.

>I don't want them to have my consumer info either.
ok, you can set up a firewall as you please, personally configure the network, what's your problem?

that's not really controversial, as everyone IRL knows this. Other than a handful of seething loser retards on Jow Forums, I think most of us fully accept and encourage women in tech

I don't want them selling my info that they shouldn't have in the first place.
If they want to sell my info, they have to buy it from me first. Now they are just stealing it.

I support people in tech. People should be hired not based on their gender but based on their competence.

OpenBSD is inferior to Linux in security

Attached: bsd rationalization.png (507x692, 93K)

Is it even a unpopular opinion? It's just a fact.

Just wait until this triggers the bsdfags

Yuh, I luv me sum good ergonomics apple pc

Attached: Screenshot_20190208-003623.png (1080x801, 1007K)

no fucking shit

a fact: Linux has no software

There is nothing wrong with Windows 10

Debian is an acceptable consumer distribution of the Linux kernel.

The installation includes Candy Crush. That’s almost reason enough

riced arch is for losers with too much time. at that point you could probably make your own distro.

Attached: Capture_2019-02-09-01-06-25.png (719x540, 585K)

The combination of e-readers + online ebook libraries is the single most underrated achievement in digital technology

Imagine trying to convince Da Vinci / Shakespear etc on the value of laptops.

But then you mention e-readers, and how almost any book ever written can be freely teleported to you, and how entire libraries can be carried inside your pocket

>by golleyeth! surely theren't be a single personage in ye whole public who dost not have one, no?

Attached: c3716aa8542c2a7cc1d31aa86cdf00ea.jpg (1840x1154, 435K)

No one cares about totally unique features of your OS/filesystem/toolset because they're not useful or important outside of the tech fetishist bubble, i.e. for 99,99% of people.

Maybe but I'm actually more concerned about the advertisement whoring it does instead of the NSA stuff that actual companies use it for. Like I don't like the idea of randomly saying something like , damn I'm out of paper towels, just for something to bombard me with advertisements for bounty paper towels because they knew I said that 5 minutes ago.

^

It is actually just GNU OS and not GNU+Linux. Linux is just a kernel and can be replaced with any other kernel and you would get all the same functionality.

Private companies, the government and everyone else literally does not give a shit about you or your data, they want averages and they probably don't even know who you are as an individual, there is no botnet and your not being spied on

>most ergonomic
>comes with a chicklet keyboard and a flat mouse that you have to turn upside down in order to charge

You lost me. I mean, if you used third party peripherals, you could make that argument but then again it wouldn't be an argument for using a Mac, would it?

Systemd is an excellent project. Retards on Jow Forums parrot FUD copypastas instead of doing research. Systemd bricked some computers? That's a lie. Systemd developers tried to make tmux depend on systemd? Another lie.

>replace kernel
>system doesn't even boot
ok
>swap gnu utils for BusyBox
>glibc for musl
everything works
you are retarded