What's your excuse to not be free?

What's your excuse to not be free?

Attached: 14546598542_878c347f97.jpg (386x98, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/relay_configuration
openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_archer_c60_v2
h-wrt.com/en/doc
pfsense.org/products/
docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/wireless/should-i-use-pfsense-as-my-access-point.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

doesn't support GPON modems

broadcom

I use pfsense like a civilized human.

I'm married

>using a cucked pseudo-distro instead of chad OpenBSD + pf
kys nigger

>muh freetardism
kys

I already use it to bridge my wifi connection to my desktop in my bedroom since it doesn't have a wifi card.
openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/relay_configuration

Just get a real router. Mikrotik makes some nice ones, if you feel like dicking around with routeros.

me too
how much ROM does your router have

What's the benefit of that over reusing an old PC I had and pfsense?

Power consumption for one. ASICS. Something built with networking in mind versus running a router on a general purpose OS.

XRX200 support is shit.

My router is a Archer C60
openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_archer_c60_v2
It has 8mb of flash memory.

because this piece of shit router wont boot to recovery mode for flashing.

If I paid for power, that would be a legitimate concern so I get you there.

My understanding is that BSD is very network focused, am I wrong?

I don't have time to look into it

I'm a white european. Jews own me.

I can’t use my own router with AT&T

>what is bridge mode

I too, am free brother. what I'd like to know is, how to add a custom background image to LUCI. I know it involves modifying the theme's CSS file, but not much else. If anyone has any info on how to do this please hook me up. Also looking into adding an I2C display, and add a few relays via gpios. Some of you may find this useful:

h-wrt.com/en/doc

/thread

Attached: d1b1bf58-a0ca-4f38-8372-446e0168c575..jpg (2768x1808, 1.84M)

internet cable --> modem with openwrt --> isp modem --> desktop computer
or
internet cable --> isp modem --> modem with openwrt --> desktop computer

no isp modem

isp modem (bridge mode) -> router with open wrt

Mine's locked down to hell and back by my ISP, best I can do is turn off wifi and use a router in AP mode so I don't get double NAT.

don't know if I can do either

I can connect to my 2nd router when its connected to my comp by itself but cant when its chained to my main modem/router. Any ideas? I have dhcp enabled on the main router.

My old shitbox router was too old to support it. So I got a standalone cable modem, threw out the router, and put pfSesne on a spare machine and used that for my router.

Then pfSense started doing all that faggy shit about requiring AES-NI and such, and it was kinda bothering me that I didn't really know what was going on beneath the web interface, so I wiped it, installed Debian, and set up my firewall, DHCP, DNS server, and some other stuff myself.

Let me know when you have something as good as pfBlockerNG. Also, Suricata works well on pfSense.

Define a "real router". What do you think pfSense is doing?

The fuck are you talking about? pfSense is not a general purpose OS. It's dedicated for networking. It routes traffic and acts as a firewall. I have it running on an APU that idles at ~5W.

>adblocking straight from router
>openvpn straight from router
>almost no power consumption
Pffags on suicide watch.

pfsense does that and more though. Are you retarded?

>Openwrt
Only used when flashing and upgrading to Tomato.

Nat forwarding boy

Nat modes are: Routed with NAT(set to), Bridged,not routed with NAT

Teltonika makes better ones

Bullshit. Enjoy being spied on with their botnet router.

>free
That's not libreCMC?

I'm using both LibreCMC and OpenWRT.
I don't need excuses.

because this works better for my routers

good luck with
>almost no power consumption

Attached: .png (629x92, 35K)

What are some good freedom supporting modems I can use to replace the ISP junker

This is just on the pfsense site. You can probably find lower voltage devices.

pfsense.org/products/

Attached: 20190211-205531.jpg (1080x2021, 190K)

but I already do

Attached: Selection_038.png (713x536, 41K)

I'm using LEDE 17 on a TP-Link TL-WDR3600.
I'd like to try and update to the latest Openwrt but I'm afraid I'll break something. The router was basically dead, I could not get it to work in any way, installing LEDE was meant to be more like of an experiment before throwing it into the garbage. By some miracle installing it revived the router and it's been working fine for like 7 months, but I don't want to push my luck.

I don't have autism

They stopped updating for my DLINK and ASUS routers so I'm stuck on the previous version, or going back to stock.

Who is your ISP?

i don't own a spare one in case i fuck it up.

I have zero knowledge of networking

>openbsd+pf when opnsense exists

Attached: dontgetid.jpg (307x462, 15K)

opnsense is still based on freebsd, you fucking idiot retard nigger faggot, fuck you

pfsense sucks dick when it comes to wifi support

from docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/wireless/should-i-use-pfsense-as-my-access-point.html
> In general, we still recommend Using Existing Wireless Routers with pfSense, especially if 802.11n or 802.11ac are required. Placing that burden on an external device and allowing pfSense to focus on the firewall/routing/NAT/etc can be simpler in the long run.

openwrt for wifi
pfsense for router
best of both worlds

Wifi is bloat.
Ethernet masterrace here

ethernet is bloat.
smoke signals masterrace here.

>wants to add an I2C screen
>can't add a background image
hooo boy

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 08.50.39.jpg (1164x1500, 320K)

>open wrt BEFORE lede merge
you have a soft bricked device because of a failed flash? just press the reset button 3 times
>open wrt after lede merge
you have a bricked device ? well dont worry we FOSS guys will make it easy for you just hold down the reset button powerup the device wait for the lan led to flash once
then wait for it to flash twice
then wait for it to flash three
and when the third time comes and release the reset button before a second pass

you failed to do so? thats bad news for you power down and power up again and do the same shit

>want to use openwrt as a client on wifi?
well thats bad news for you lede is here yo make your previous openwrt way to have the device on the same subnet harder
now you need to change the ap ip at something else but keep the getaway on the old ip now you need to set your interface also on a relay
>oh did i mention that relayd is a crucial little progam for you if you cant have the router directly connected to the internet?
well thats good for u because fuck you logic we dont include on the base fw how great is that!
then you disable the dhcp of your FOSS router and apply save and exit
BUT
but
but
there is a catch
we are lede and openwrt had the brightest idea to name luci revert back retardness a FEATURE
if your main modem cant reboot in less than 30 seconds (the time it takes luci to revert back) well we have good NEWS for you your fucking router is stuck on a ip that is unreachable and you have to RESET it the LEDE way!
how great is that? we at openwrt/lede basement dont even bother to fix our GUI that mess with our HW for some reason so be a good boy and dont do any mistakes!
we have a unique way to make our users nicolas cage tier!

Attached: cage-face-3.jpg (564x314, 90K)

I rent my router and not own it. If I were to buy one it'd have to be a portable 4G router and all of those are either trash or expensive as fuck.