Intro to Biology Professor wants a simple bar chart with error bars done in Excel

>Intro to Biology Professor wants a simple bar chart with error bars done in Excel
>Have taken Econometrics before
>Hand in a chart done in RStudio complete with printout of code behind it.
>She says she's unfamiliar with this program

Attached: RStudio.png (1200x630, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/04/16/is-the-best-evidence-for-austerity-based-on-an-excel-spreadsheet-error/
mathbabe.org/2013/04/17/global-move-to-austerity-based-on-mistake-in-excel/
mozillascience.github.io/open-data-guides/modules/CS_ReinhartRogoff.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Noice blog post. Upvoted subscribed

>wants a simple bar chart with error bars done in Excel
>done in Excel
read the assignment next time nerd

>DONE IN EXCEL

you realize bar charts in excel take two seconds, right? and would've met the requirements? fucking freetards

>be OP
>too retarded to follow instructions
>post about it on Jow Forums

Speaking as a former TA, I’ll let you in on a little secret. If you want the best grades, do you work in a way that makes the teacher/TA/professor’s life as easy as possible. There’s nothing that made me want to look for reasons to mark down assignments as much as the smartass autist who thinks he’s getting anywhere in life by “impressing” the instructor.

Unlikely. I don't know a single biologist or bioinformatician who uses excel and R is extremely popular there (though it's being phased out by python).

>just pay while sacrificing your privacy goy
nu/g/ everybody!

this

time to be smug
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/04/16/is-the-best-evidence-for-austerity-based-on-an-excel-spreadsheet-error/
mathbabe.org/2013/04/17/global-move-to-austerity-based-on-mistake-in-excel/
mozillascience.github.io/open-data-guides/modules/CS_ReinhartRogoff.pdf

Seeing that this is an R thread, why is shiny so shit? Even examples straight up copied from their documentation fail, it's a fucking joke having the most popular form library in the language be so dogshit.

What kind of shitty University do you go to?

The entire ecosystem is like that. R in general is crap for anything but ggplot2 (and even then), and esoteric statistical functions.

>tfw exclusively know R.

Someone help I need a job

phd in math
any job you want
300k starting

>done in excel
>spergs out
>???
>Spaghetti

Academia is not summer boot camp where you get to dick around at your own leisure. That is doubly true when you get into post grad shit. Do your assignments and don't start shit with your professors, they talk to each other and if you get one of them to hate you, you might as well drop out entirely. Follow 's advice.

>classes
>academia
inbred
rest is true though

The intent of the OP isn't clear. At least 5 posts in front of you were suggesting his intent was to use FOSS software.
If he's poor and can't afford Windows/Excel (and the University doesn't provide it) then it is totally reasonable.
Unless you would accept charts done in LibreOffice instead. Which I'm sure you and the professor wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyways.

I would prefer you use FOSS, but you don't need to give the code and a different graph. If the prof wants a bar graph, give her a bar graph and don't mention you didn't use excel.

Also, biologists are absolutely retarded, I work in comp. bio. and it's much better. And yes, we know what R is.