/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
- WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

previous

Attached: downloaders.jpg (1060x226, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dataarchivist.net/trackermap/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how has this gotten so jpg-ified already, it's like 2 weeks old.

Looks like a phone screenshot. I know samsung does jpg now

finally a based op
well done!

beats!

beats is a failure. we thought he was /our guy/ when he was dabbing on redcuck mods but then after they btfo him he grovelled and begged them for another chance. what a fraud!

ETA for RW?

when wdma come back?

Who BiglyBT here

Attached: Capture (2).png (1346x521, 56K)

literally no one
utorrent 2.2.1 is still king on windows
on gnu you can use transmission or rtorrent

>utorrent 2.2.1 is still king on windows
this

Attached: 1496249269302.png (934x668, 62K)

>x0r
wow I reported that faggots releases for subtitle quality so many times. I didn't know he was a fucking recruiter. fuck me

staff notes on your account are probably pretty interesting

are you fucking retarded?

Attached: 1496260224285.png (685x285, 78K)

why not just use transmission on windows?

/serious

>staff notes on your account are probably pretty interesting
what??? I'm high as a kite. Did I just fuck up?

>tfw no point deleting post
maybe I can just change my username on another path

Attached: 1495258140644.gif (196x187, 2.18M)

>why not just use RM on windows?
FTFY

Attached: 1495737215051.png (1010x442, 33K)

I still miss 2.2.1 sometimes, but I put a lot of effort migrating hundreds of torrents over during the big blacklist scare and it would be too much work to migrate everything back only for it to get blacklisted again.

qBit does most of what it does, though using significantly more memory to do so, and there are a few minor UI gripes that bug me (why the hell can't I set a secondary sort column?), as well as others I think are a bit better. (A search bar that actually works for one thing, and the left bar is a bit better than uT's I think)

wait there is private tracker discussion board on t also, is there any more board which i'm missing ??

>is there any more board which i'm missing ??
go back to licking dick on TPS you r/trackers faggot

my favorite feature of qStalledmeme is when it randomly removes torrents and deletes files. that's the best! i'd stop torrenting before i'd use that piece of shit again.

>removes torrents and deletes files
Never encountered that, though there was that "feature" where if you moved some files and then started the torrent client it would redownload them again from scratch without saying anything instead of giving you an error and letting you sort it out yourself.

Thankfully it was patched out a few revisions ago

I have 3,700 torrents on 2.2.1 and using 2GB of RAM.

none of it is music/books. lots of cross seeds

how much more can one instance handle?

iirc it can handle a lot more than that.

ninjas on redtarded be talking about having like 10k torrents in one instance of uT 2.2.1
you fine

wow which Tracker ??

These are movies and TV shows though. I seed locally of course and get around 150GB-200GB upload a day.

I limit it to only 60 active torrents and like 500 peers. I really see more than 20 active anyways (and when it's >30 usually 10 are same person snatching everything of that show)

/ORCH51/

Have you guys seen this?

dataarchivist.net/trackermap/

We should fork it and update it. On a related note, is it still possible to go from EMP to GGN to PTP?

I need to buy new hard disks. I need 4x4TB to be put in raid10. I'm in Europe, so no HGST meme :( What/where should i buy?

is rutracker still alive?

A PTP representative confirmed on Redacted that the only pathway into PTP is from RED at the moment. Not even hdbits has PTP at the moment.

How does PTP compare to say BeyondHD, Filelist, UHDBits, Blutopia? It seems to have a similar amount of torrents to all of those combined so considering duplicates and shit releases it must be pretty fucking good.

ptp is straight garbage

PTP has:
Torrents: 479,870
Movies: 174,047
Some of the stuff on PTP is a bit dead but it has everything I want (please keep in mind that I don't really watch movies and only read books basically.)

Sounds like PTP is worse than ORPHEUS.NETWORK.

I don't get how some people will claim sites like Blutopia are just as good as PTP when they have 20x less torrents.

Seems pretty good. I'll try to get into PTP eventually. I'm fine with MTV and some other easy trackers for TV, but I'm finding a fair few missing movies

just got my db9 invite

nobody can be worse that than bitch ass ni$$a quetzal. has no idea how to run a site and bans users for doing nothing

Are you looking for something in their invite forum or are you actually interested in their music collection.

I would highly doubt that the cabal trackers would have less content compared to the lesser trackers. In my day AHD was the favoured second tier movie tracker by /ptg/.

I don't get how anyone trusts or uses Blutopia, let alone thinks it's any good. The amount of security flaws there is quite surreal.

quetzal is [spoiler]ATHENA[/spoiler]

Such as? UNIT3D is very much unfinished but I don't think it's filled with security flaws or anything like that.

I'm seeding on AB but wondering how people nake themselves Anonymous in the peer list? Mine shows the name.

jesus h christ

Attached: 1532223135363.jpg (539x533, 20K)

what?

marked.
deleting the image won't say you.

everyone shows up as anonymous to everyone else; you only see your own goddamn name

Attached: 1466041589695.png (327x316, 211K)

no I can see many other peoples names on the peer list as well, some are anonymous some not.

it just shows a peer list with no names on it, whats up?? didn'd do anything wrong right?

user...

Attached: 1528994127127.png (1446x1660, 1.37M)

>A search bar that actually works for one thing
What's wrong with the search bar? I've been using qbit since the same scare you talk about and the search always seems to work for me.

>HGST
These are in Europe. WD mybook, and possibly elements, from Amazon Germany contain helium filled HGST.

please provide a link? all i found was some mybooks that contain wd blue...

Nice try spine, everyone knows you're just sneaking A/O/X/Chalisto through the back door.
Begging for donations starts when?

nice try zed i'm taking your little shitshow organisation down

Attached: 15276745883280.jpg (602x690, 59K)

Only people who claim that are ptg memesters and that meme has already sailed soon after the founding of BLU.

Most of the security issues are on their staff's side. UNIT3D itself just lacks duplicate IP stuff, has garbage logging, can't detect ratio cheating etc. These aren't really concerning for users, though, while the staff's issues definitely should be.

Private tracker niggers.

NAS or full-tower case? I think NAS is marketing hype and won't provide adequate cooling to hard drives

Why should I know? Also, unless you want useless networking features, NAS is virtually not worth it.

yeah i thought so

full tower or those storage rack things

Sure why not?
He is posting this shit every thread. Just ignore.

I'm so happy to be a part of RED community! Thanks you guys!

>capturing 4k
well it wasn't the most ideal of situations, but the reason i backed out is because of Time & Money.

I'm not looking for handouts, but as always, donations are always welcome. I find spending $$ on NF, VPN's SmartDNS and hardware, while minimal, ends up costing quite the fortune when adding things up. I'm at a point in my life where looking at my rig, i could prob get about $3000 for it, and it's more and more enticing to sell it. But an odd donation here or there, definitely goes a long way. I may soon be unemployed, and as we all know, real life must come first, and at that point i'll have to re-assess.

Again i'm not here to say "pay me to return" -- that's not the point of the this. I've spoken to Nick and Kenyz (and done some thinking on my own) and i'm going to slowly start working on things -- but just to level set for everybody, it won't be as fast as Scene -- so if you want to binge as fast as they air, you're better off getting NF or waiting for Scene. I'll be doing these as time permits, and will obviously ensure things are as high quality as you've come to expect from me and NTb.

Working on Narcos now and will do the Get Down after that.

Thanks all for your support.

>$3000 Netflix rig
>I may soon be unemployed,
>and at that point i'll have to re-assess

Attached: 1505523875686.jpg (625x394, 121K)

>getting fired for spending too much time and money ripping netflix shows for free
wow this sounds too autistic for even musicalmind. who is this? hpotter?

Attached: goat.gif (182x249, 1.97M)

32TiB? 24u

lol @ having to do all that just so you can download some shitty movies from a ratio autism tracker

>i could prob get about $3000 for it, and it's more and more enticing to sell it. But an odd donation here or there
As if 20 dollar gift cards offset the expense of that set up and the reality of losing your job and life to hdbits.

t. >Private tracker niggers.

Group hug time?

>as high quality as you've come to expect from me and NTb
the quality of that group has declined so much since 2015. Maybe it's just the ones that came from btn but damn
> RE-RE-REPACK
> failing to deinterlace
> not bothering to ocr subtitles

Shoplifters is out bois

Thanks. Screenshots and links sent to staff.

I imagine you would for real get banned for trying to report someone for also posting on Jow Forums

Maybe not on whatcuck tier trackers like ptp or red where they would lick ur dick but on ahd and hdb you would be banned for posting links to Jow Forums trying to get someone banned

idt btn has enough staff to ever respond

I've messaged staff numerous times at btn over the years over legitimate things and have gotten a response 20% of the time

sup /ptg/ i'm currently an user in a private spanish tracker looking to enter into english trackers, how much time/luck does one need to get into a good one?

bro it's not difficult to drop that in irc anonymously...

>using private trackers with public IRC channels
>using IRC
go back spaghetti

HDS has decent recruitment. Just rank up and look for the invitaccion section and look to join broadcasthe.net passthepopcorn.me and sciencehd.ch
you dont need hdb if u have HDS

>trackers with public IRC channels
literally all the trackers ever

If you do the RED interview you can join most major trackers in 6 months

Which trackers allow unofficial invites on class restricted forums?

MAM, IPT, AR, the AvistaZ sites, JPS
basically all of the shit ones, and ones I won't even mention because they're irrelevant

lmao fuck that guy

You can't get from GGn to PTP at the moment. That might change soon

I think OT doesn't give a shit either.

>offering OT invites
enjoy being blacklisted everywhere

a tiny, meme tracker? who cares

>who cares
>enjoy being blacklisted everywhere
Well, which is it?

Trackers have had OT in their announcements multiple times.
Offering OT will absolutely get you blacklisted or warned even if it's in their no-movement list.
That doesn't make them big or not a meme.

Attached: 472689527928913926.gif (112x112, 200K)

based twitch teen

Literally all trackers except scene and general.

I haven't seen anything on IPT...

there are literally invites on the lowest teir trackers, like MAM
but mam users are plebs so they get taken instantly and they're always out
bigger trackers have IPT on their no movement list

Inspect element zoomer :^)

It's real but also about six years old.

there are much more utorrent 3.5.5 users now and qbittorrent is popular too. theres even a utorrent for mac but i dont really know what that is