How long until we get $100/tb SSDs?

Attached: 583430-samsung-970-evo-and-970-pro-nvme-m-2-ssd.jpg (810x456, 62K)

in about 10 fiddly

When you get there the goalpost will have shifted since HDD will be $10/TB.
>where's my $10/TB SSD??

diddly doo boys I want a 1tb 970 pro for $100, fuck these SSD jews I won't upgrade until they're cheap as shit.

HDDs are almost there as 8TB drives can be had for as low as $120, that's $15/TB

They're already hitting $90/1TB SSD on frequent sales the last few months.

For standard MSRP to go @ $100/TB SSD will take maybe few more quarters.

When Samsung and Toshiba work out 10 layer NAND.

Expect ~50-100 write cycles per cell before death.

WTF

Rate my purchase

Attached: SSD.png (553x115, 17K)

I hope you're doing some sort of workload that actually justifies nvme. Most people buying them are just wasting their money over sata

Hardware is more expensive in the UK compared to the US? I thought you two had the same prices. That SSD goes for $250 on Amazon US.

is 250$ with Tax?

For me the difference is not in performance which is negligible for 99%, but 2 less cables.
Nice!

satan why you so fucking dumb dumb

So why not buy a sata m.2?

Why do you need to justify nvme? Choosing the fastest, newest port is enough justification.

There's no point going SATA M2 and there's no point using SATA SSD drive anymore unless you need a ton of storage. There's literally no reason to not go with nvme M2.

Nvme is the future, scrub.

what board supports sata m.2?
they're all pci-e

That speed is superfluous for normal usage.

Dog shit, people said that about solid state when it was first introduced. Sure people won't notice it massively for things like boot times but doing anything disk intensive benefits a hell of a lot from m2.

It sounds like you've never used an m2 drive before.

Paid 230 for a 2tb Intel 660p.

and a fucking tip? And is the actual item new, not a 970/960 that some moron flashed with the bad bios a month ago and it now doesnt work at full speed?

fuken years man

saving 1 sec of waiting 20 times a day for 5 years = more than 10h not spent waiting. Most of us value our time enough to justify this expense.

Isn't the IntelĀ® SSD 600p already 100ish something? And is 1tb.

Attached: Blowjobs4freee.png (320x276, 64K)

We already have those though.
960GB but $100.

860EVO is $130-150/TB.