Just installed Ubuntu 18.10 and replaced with Mate

Just installed Ubuntu 18.10 and replaced with Mate
MATE is so much better. Everything looks smoother (txt and windows), it's faster, it never breaks and I can open 20 windows on Pale moon without any slowdown while on Gnome 3.20 it would crash if there were more than 10 windows opened

MATE is the king of DE and KDE hipsters and other minimalist trash will never compete

Attached: a21ce9fd0d7f5f5e732014b84486502a9ea55083.jpg (3200x1800, 630K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fXpIhKJbVeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Ubuntu
>MATE
kill yourself

What's wrong with Ubuntu? It's the least bad Linux distro plus MATE is absolute fantastic

imagine actually caring about which linux distro someone uses lmao
its all the same shit. your init system that you only use for setup scripts that every init system can use wont make a difference, your package manager isnt gonna make a difference without programs. :^)

ubuntu mate is the only usable flavor of ubuntu desu

despite systemd trash Ubuntu is stable like Slackware

>Least bad
Out of date packages, lack of packages, lesser performance, no AUR, requirement to use DEB or third party repos and so much more

I think Ubuntu Mate is great. Certain things about Mate put me off such as a few panel options being buggy and Mate-tweak shitting on me a couple times. KDE is my home now

>AUR
>how to spot an archfag from the other side of the Moon

Install dwm

>Just installed Ubuntu 18.10 and replaced with Mate
Why don't install Ubuntu 18.10 Mate directly?

>out of date
not at all. packages are updated frequently with security patches and minor updates. you can always enable the backports repository or switch to debian-unstable repos which in some cases is faster than arch
>no AUR
aur has had tons of security issues in the past and ubuntu has...that one thing where you add additional repositories? i never use it because i have all the packages i need
>lack of packages
dont bullshit yourself. nobody cares enough to put your shitty "minimal" image viewer with 2 downloads on github that isnt in the repositories
>requirement to use DEB
snap, flatpak and why the FUCK does this even matter lmfao? you're basically forced to use pacman with arch when you don't want to use the AUR and why should you want to switch? apt is amazing and so is pacman but you make 0 sense my friend

archfags btfo'd

>It's another memearch user trying to convince others bleeding packages are good
ppa mate is more efficient than ubuntu-mate-desktop packages

I used to use Ubuntu Mate but 50% of the time all it shows is the wallpaper after logging in, no control whatsoever.

I mean you could think logically and try to get support for the problem with the literal hundreds of forums dedicated to Ubuntu but you do you my friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=fXpIhKJbVeA

It only happens with Ubuntu MATE. Vanilla Ubuntu feels more stable so I won't bother trying to troubleshoot an intermittent issue.

what a retarded brainwashed archfag

>Gnome 3.20

>KDE hipsters
I don't even. KDE is the most competitive and complete DE around for Linux, period. You're fine to like something else but at least give KDE a shot.

people like you are the main reason i keep my distance from arch. this community is literally worse than the fruit sect.

>unironically using gnome 2
You have to move on, friendo. Let it go.

Exactly. Usability and pleasant aesthetics are a thing of the past.

>no aur
imagine outing yourself as a lazy fat archfag this early into your post.

Debian 9.7 literally has a more updated MATE than 18.10 if you're using backports, and it's far less buggy than Ubuntu MATE, although by far it's the best Ubuntu flavor.

Apologize right now, u*buntufags.

>out of date packages
ahh... one more arch bleeding edge emo kid.