Habit progress tracking

Somebody else using apps to track persistence on habits?
Do they help you? Any recommendations?

Attached: Screenshot_20190212-104838_Habits_1.png (1080x1829, 84K)

i use my brain

No I really don't, for me these apps just get in the way since you basically need to create a habit of using the app too it just complicates things.

Does step apps count?

Attached: Screenshot_20190212-190055_Samsung Health.jpg (1440x2960, 321K)

This
Apps are bloat

That is very interesting. Thanks user.

I think this misses the point though.

People fucking suck at estimating what they've really done, and the vast majority of people don't have such good memories that allow them to accurately track that information. With habits, using only your brain is going to lead you (unless you're exceptionally conscientious) to cheat and not do the thing you want to do very often, and you'll rationalise it away as "I did it N days", which won't be true because you'll have overestimated.

So it keeps a more honest record of what you've really done.

The second advantage is that it motivates you. I couldn't say for all people, but certainly a lot of people find keeping a streak going very motivating. If you have a habit that you've kept track of and can see that not doing it today means you break a 100 day streak, you're more motivated to do it in order to avoid that.

The overhead of needing to remember to use an app or piece of paper isn't going to be particularly high. If it is, you would almost certainly fail to seriously pick up habits on your own.

i just use alarms

Attached: Screenshot_20190212-055607.png (720x1280, 80K)

I've conditioned myself to do whatever I have a calendar date/appointment set for, regardless of how much it sucks.

And I've started doing the things that suck the most first.

what app is this?

I'm going to try Habitify, until now I've been doing this.

Attached: autism.png (963x640, 59K)

It's called 'habits' on google play.
Exactly. It's a weird comparison but for me it feels like getting experience points in a mmorpg. Progress.
This is some dedication.

>Imagine needing an app to track how often you brush your teeth
>Even missing one day

You filthy fuck, brushing you teeth twice a day is the bare minimum to be considered better than a poo in loo.

I tried dailyio for a bit, less for habits and more for a mood log but it was depressing filling in shitty moods and activities day after day.
when I did nofap for a few days I used dontbreakthechain which is just a website.
all of these tracking apps are cool for when your life is already in order but when you're a NEET mess like me they're not gonna fix a damn thing.

the thing that got me motivated for brushing my teeth was just wanting to save money down the line, and the fact that my check-up was clear and I want to keep it that way.

This is pure autism

Attached: 51132885-7D13-4932-8B05-9BDE496205B9.png (800x1000, 143K)

loop - habit tracker

This, technology is bloat

Thanks for showing me this, OP. I think I needed this. I'll be tracking both my bad habits and habits I want to allocate to my betterment.

I need a lot less YouTube in my life. That shit has me trapped.

Youtube is cancer nowdays. Clickbait left and right. I use rss feeds for channels I care about.

That's some impressive autism. Does filling a check mark really help motivate you?

Attached: 1381678165812.jpg (432x288, 15K)

I have no problem with clickbait. My problem is that I keep watching dumb videos of trolling on Second Life, gmod, etc, as well as compilations of idiots on the road. Also, I might be subscribed to too many channels, or at the very least too many of those channels I'm subscribed to are too active.

>needing an app to tell you when to shower and brush your teeth

Attached: 1479713215359.jpg (920x960, 88K)

Tracking how often you brush your teeth is retarded since you should do it every day without exception.

Showering makes more sense to track though considering we shower way too much and are basically harming ourselves by being too sanitary. You shouldn't have to shower with soap/shampoo more than once a week.

See seems like a pain in the ass.

*snifffffff*
quite pungent my dear

>Shower once a week meme
Go tell this to your doctor

I didn't say you couldn't wash off with a little water every day, although that too taxes the skin. Just don't obsess over rising with soap all the time because then your skin will really start looking like shit at an age where you wouldn't expect it.

Looks like a UI mod for The Sims
Don't you have an inner voice?

It is not a habit if you need to track it.

Using it to track if I brushed them more than two times per day. Getting used to brush them an additional time after lunch. Shower means two times per day max. A quick one in the morning and after work/workout. Sleep just to see if I got enough sleep that day. (7-8 hours)

Personal goals simplified in a few words.

What kinds of shit skin doesn't shower and use shampoo daily?
>muh skin
Your skin isn't going anywhere. No one likes stinky niggers who don't shower. Just because the ooga booga tribe doesn't do it doesn't mean that it's a good idea.

A google docs table. Why the fuck do we need an app for everything. You can track anything with a spreadsheet, make graphs and have it on every device.

Btw anyone know good online spreadsheet app that's not a botnet?

org mode

Needing to reinforce the teeth brushing habit.
Smh only in murica.

>needing your smartphone to remind you to wash yourself or sleep
Please, tell me this isn't real

How you stink is mostly related to what you eat, not how much you wash. Although to be clear, as anyone who has been around homeless people know, not washing definitely can make you stink.

Your skin is more sensitive than you think, btw. It has to endure a lot outside just getting washed.

i have a shitty internal clock. if i didnt have the alarms i would only realise hours later.