HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 10.06.51 AM.png (1028x167, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/252493/amd-outs-uefi-ready-video-bios-for-radeon-vii-company-promises-one-click-updater
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>

imagine spending 700 euro on this trash

Does it work does it work?
What is the problem?

How can she get away with this?

Attached: mummy.jpg (2100x1500, 1023K)

Good. Fuck UEFI

To be honest, that's a feature.
UEFI is such a garbage fire it's unbelievable.
I wish there was a reasonable modern alternative to it on x86 - alas I'll have to wait for RISC-V.

>UEFI doesn't matter!

Attached: 1516295748096.png (1228x1502, 1.07M)

Oh stop it. Everyone hates uefi anyway. It is as cancerous as systemd

they released the uefi shit firmware...

What's wrong with uefi?

>Unironically willingly using the literal UEFI botnet
kys

>UEFI

Attached: 1527236049391.png (764x720, 384K)

>using uefi
>to increase security
>running microsoft backdoor tm on top
>invalidating every security feature below
>cry about hardware disabling uefi which was useless by OS anyway

are you hungry? sad? wet? sometimes i dont really understand what these babys cry about.

Big OOF

Why are you excited for Zen 2, again? AMD's entire purpose is to make inferior goods; they're the Walmart of computer hardware.

It solved one thing (booting to 2tb+ drives which became irrelevant as SSDs were just entering the market with 60-500gb capacities) and added a fuckload of unnecessary shit.

I'm literally laughing at the 20 people who bought a Radon VII in my country

I'm not interested in your brand wars. I'm simply saying UEFI is a trainwreck and even staying with BIOS would be preferable.

BIOS: 1
(((UEFI))): 0

Attached: 1486482404621.jpg (1971x1971, 681K)

Reminder that WalMart is a multi-billion dollar company with stores literally everywhere.

This
Nu-Jow Forums is fucking cancer
What's next, systemd appreciation threads?

You will see Just waitâ„¢

>What's next, systemd appreciation threads?
We have those daily as separate threads and in /faglet/.

sounds like a feature. why the hell would anyone want uefi in the first place.

sounds like a good thing

>UEFI

Attached: 154361864957.jpg (480x476, 44K)

name one flaw

Attached: 2000px-Uefi_logo.svg.png (2000x2310, 144K)

99.9% of implementations are nonfree and cannot be replaced with fully free and open source reference tianocore/EDK II and necessary hardware drivers like seabios. that's not a flaw unique to EFI though. pre-efi cancer is just as bad (worse in other ways) other than the ones where seabios is usable.

wtf now i want to buy it

Fucking everything.
Memory maps so fucked up that Linux has to translate them to BIOS ones to be usable.
Loadable drivers that are more complicated and you still need a separate UEFI driver so no real improvement over BIOS.
Retarded "security model" where you either deepthroat Microsoft, or anyone at all can import their own key. Or you password fucking everything, but then how's that different from BIOS?
And finally, a huge mountain of bugs in implementations. Hardware vendors can't write code worth shit, so giving them something as complex as UEFI is a recipe for disaster. BIOS was famous for being buggy, with UEFI the bugs range from minor annoyances, through features that don't work, to boards being bricked because no one anticipated you could fill up the very limited persistent storage it has.
It's a garbage fire, just like Itanium whence it came from. And in concept no different from Intel's other half-baked standards, like ACPI.

Attached: lMEa58i.png (318x235, 90K)

Wish openboot never died.

My latest mobo does not have CSM support, what would happen if I used a Radeon VII?

>wanting the disaster that is uefi on your shit
i want nufags to die, preferably in much pain

This has already been fixed.
Fuck off FUD poster.
techpowerup.com/252493/amd-outs-uefi-ready-video-bios-for-radeon-vii-company-promises-one-click-updater
If you were posting about how it's complete bullshit that it wasn't there on day 1, I would agree with you. But if you're suggesting that it doesn't have the feature, it does, just fucking download this one thing.

>intelaviv kikeshekelord are looking for any excuse to shitpostear

IMAGINE MY SHOCK!!!

Attached: 1521481222186.gif (275x154, 1.83M)

wait you mean i get a cheap smol ssd for / and it as dos and mount 6 gorilion tb hdds?

no wait im interested in the no uefi thing

Those already exist, welcome to hell.

Yeah I don't usually come to Jow Forums anymore since it's garbage, but I guess I underestimated just how bad it's gotten.

>such as old storage devices, GRAPHICS CARDS, nics, e.t.c.
what's worse than a pajeet writer?
the pajeet's reposter

Radeon VII is a shitty, rushed, pajeet tier card. Everyone already knew that. UEFI, overclocking, stable drivers, it misses everything.
Bios. UEFI, ACPI, its all a mess. Though I actually like UEFI. Despite the incompetence of OEMS. All executables and files are better tracked and stored. less artificial limits and special allocations of certain regions.

holocaust

The holocaust story was pretty cool, too bad it was a lie.

UEFI sucks anyway, I will stay on outdated, insecure BIOS to just run this filler card!

Attached: 1497910377702.jpg (568x612, 66K)

>People now suddenly pretending UEFI was good when Jow Forums was against it in the first place

Not having a choice doesnt mean people want to use it. Youre a fag and your shits all retarded.

im pretty sure vega also had this issue. i couldnt get my system to post properly when using a vega card. it would like turn on once, but then not the next time, id have to let it 'cool down' or something in order to work properly. i took it back and got a 1060 instead. very happy with this card compared to all the amd cards i used

then just don't update the firmware / bios.
you can keep it as no-UEFI.

kys

Attached: 3554492544_UFa7wpD0_R7bios_title.jpg (871x243, 49K)

yea but can i have a gorilion terabytes as well?