What is the best CPU for day trading for a poor day trader?

What is the best CPU for day trading for a poor day trader?

>not be too power hungry, need to save money on electricity
>can't run too hot, i live in a Mediterranean climate and can't afford AC
>be able to run multiple processes and api calls continuously all day long without errors memory clashes. thinking about using ecc even though it's a lot slower.
>be able to handle algorithms with lots of data coming in and predict the result.
>i'm using my gf familie's money to do the trading so my system can't fail because i told them it's to pay off my student loans.

No GPU computing allowed

Attached: Day-Trading.jpg (620x348, 70K)

Kneecap 2600 OC edition

Any old DDR3 Xeon with ECC.

Raspberry Pi Zero W should be enough

Most trading desks have 5-10 year old machines with the only standout components being the bb keyboard and an old nvidia card for 6 monitors.

>>i'm using my gf familie's money to do the trading so my system can't fail because i told them it's to pay off my student loans.

Yikes, prepare to double or triple your debt.

>Kneecap 2600 OC edition
what is the kneecap? i hang out on Jow Forums

>Any old DDR3 Xeon with ECC.
i was thinking about that also, but i find the used market way overpriced for what you get

What sort of data feeds are you processing? GB/day? Tabular data?

It's pretty much the state of the art moneymaking cpu, because it is very optimized for a single specific task. Costs almost nothing to run and has embedded functions for protection while profiteering. This is like an insurance you get, losing money is almost impossible

If you want to throw away your money use a trash can

>Most trading desks have 5-10 year old machines with the only standout components being the bb keyboard and an old nvidia card for 6 monitors.

i'm doing more of algorithmic trading so all the monitors arn't that important.

>it is very optimized for a single specific task

where can i find the kneecap 2600 oc? I looked on botnet and can't find a reference.

Doesn't ping to Bloomberg and Instinet matter though to the point brokerages will spend hundreds of millions of dollars to relocate their trading rooms and buy dedicated dark fiber to shave 3ms off?

It is only sold under the table in some sports shops. Weird place I know, but those are also the people who have the most crypto rigs mining backdoors. Ask your local dealer

thanks user

are you talking about using a sandy bridge or a ryzen 5 or something more mysterious?

you’re going to go bankrupt faggot

Hes talking about kneecaps so OP can suck dick without his knees hurting
Its the best entrepreneurial idea Jow Forums has ever come up with

>day trading
>day trading to pay loans

Attached: 11 .png (645x729, 179K)

>Lying to get money to gamble away on daytrading
You're going to lose it all.

I thought being trader implies you're rich

I think he's talk about spectre and meltdown

kek, yeah. every day trader I know made their money doing something else and now they just want to not say they are retired so they day trade.

You're doing day trading to pay off your debt? Here's how I know that isn't going to work. If you had studied the relevant fields, you'd be doing this professionally and money would NOT be a problem for you. Since you aren't doing this professionally, you are bound to fail a lot as you learn. Since you are practicing with the real deal (IE not money set aside for it, but rather other people's money) you are going to lose a lot of money and become even poorer. Your GF's family will probably want their investment back, too. So, have fun ruining your relationship and sinking further into debt. A budget gaming machine will probably be enough for your use case.

>Your GF's family will probably want their investment back,

they don't know it's for day trading. they think it's to pay off my loans. trust me her parents will do anything for me since her mother and my gf want cute hapa babies. i just hope they are all girls.

Learn python
Implement a trading bot.py
run it on a raspberry pi

See you in a gutter in a few months.

so when you've burned through the money achieving nothing but debt how are you going to pay off your actual debt

Attached: 0dc.png (202x150, 2K)

Dude, if someone is generously paying off your student debt, that is HUGE. That alone puts you a large step towards financial independence. You are gambling a big win on the very off chance of winning the lottery, except at least the lottery is pure chance but day trading is an actual skill that even the pros get wrong pretty often.

user don't do this, you won't make any money. You will not be able to design an algorithm that can beat the ones professional traders use. They spend years and millions of dollars making them.

Any Android phone you ditz

>day trading

So you really decided to stay poor or what?

are you people slow?
He's lying saying he is paying off student loans.
And is instead stealing the money to gamble with.

it matters, and matters a whole lot for HFT, but for longs i doybt 3ms will make a huge difference

>doing hft at home
That is the worst advice you can give.

HFT only works when you have computers in the exchange with nanosecond latency. Even then players are trying to one-up each other by using FGPAs and other custom hardware to get an edge.

Even day trading is stupid. The only feasible strategies for an amateur player in the stock market are long hold strategies on blue chips, anything else and you'll most likely lose everything.

i7

i7 but what chip?

Buy an 8th gen intel NUC with an 8 thread cpu for like 500$
Very good performance, cool and low power

it uses a U cpu is that for ultrabooks...

Ok you are just fucking retarded I guess, go and buy some shitty Xeon and just fuck off

Day trading is gambling with better odds. Seriously. The only reliable way is to invest in everything.

You aren't capitalized for this properly. I am talking financially and intellectually.

If your going to school/employed you also dont have enough time.

If your dead set on doing it, get an IB account and start looking at thier apis. You need $2k in the account to access and start testing the apis. All other solutions will be way out of your price range, data feeds etc.

>not be too power hungry, need to save money on electricity
>can't run too hot, i live in a Mediterranean climate and can't afford AC
>i'm using my gf familie's money to do the trading so my system can't fail because i told them it's to pay off my student loans

Never gonna make it