The looming blindness problem

Between work and entertainment many people are staring at LED screens for 10-12 hours a day. The blue light emitted by these LED powered screens is severely damaging. When will device manufacturers start taking this problem seriously and focus their design efforts on electeonic Ink displays. How many lawsuits will it take to get Apple to admit they are damaging an entire generations eyes?

Any recommendations on electronic Ink type displays? Both for portable devices and traditional desktop computers. Perhaps someone should invent a phone case with an electronic ink display that mirrors the regular screen. I’ve been looking around for something that can browse basic websites with an electronic ink display but am not having much luck finding anything.

Attached: 8E5BFB08-FDEB-4E7C-8206-F38BEA73DF20.png (1200x1127, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1751-1097.2004.tb00036.x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a blue light filter in my glasses so whatever LMAO

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE AWAY MY BLUE LIGHT!

Yeah I just wear old people blue blockers but it’s hard to edit photos when you can’t see the colors properly

This is just meme science. Blue light has a higher intensity and thus will fatigue your eyes quicker, it does not 'damage' your eyes in some magical way that causes issues. Literally use common sense and don't look at your screen in complete darkness, having a little lamp in your room is as good as any color filter that makes the screen more reddish.

If it’s meme science why do my eyes hurt all the time?

My stupid piece of shit family has caused me to lose more sleep than my phone ever has.

>not having a pitch black, like your soul, room
Probably because you're a stupid faggot.

Back to Tiananmen Square with you

Attached: 1989.jpg (398x800, 98K)

I can't know that, could be many factors such as how long you are focusing on a screen, how much eyestrain you are subjected to, how much time you spend in darkness looking at bright screens etc

Read any of the clinical literature on this and it's clear the real change comes from the real danger to your health extending the periods you spend in light environments compared to what the body is genetically designed to do (closer to a night-day cycle), this has a weak hormonal impact but more importantly makes you lose sleep which is the silent killer.

As far as permanent damage to your eyes, it's an ambiguous area of research and it's not entirely clear, there seems to be an adjustment mechanism so that if you spend the majority of your time in 'focus mode' like staring at an object (screen) instead of a wider view, your eyes will adjust to it and cause you to become slightly more short sighted then you normally would. Probably a good idea to take breaks from staring at a screen all day if you can.

Thanks for a thoughtful response

not a problem for me because I keep all my screens at 2800K

just get f.lux

eye strain due to the fact that you're essentially staring at a slab of plastic a few feet away from you for hours on end and the fact that people blink less when focusing on a screen when you should ideally be blinking a few dozen times a minute.

tfw using Jow Forums blue theme and more blue light.

I will try to blink more, thanks

Are there any e-ink tablets or devices that can browse and actually use websites like Jow Forums?

>Jow Forums
you mean 4channel? what's Jow Forums?

because everyone edits photos

>tfw truck driver and spend less than a couple hours max looking at screens all day

Sounds comfy. I miss life on the road sometimes

Its known that blue light causes mitochondrial DNA damage.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1751-1097.2004.tb00036.x

>blue light r dangerouse!!!1
>infographic has a blue background

UVA won't even cause blindness.

bad genes.

I have a reflex glasses specially for this shit

The infographic should be called "how not sleeping because of being retarded can harm you"

Newfag

>Blue light makes you go blind
If you believe this you got worse problems

Attached: 1549523911184.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>mitochondrial DNA damage

this sounds very bad user if you ask me, anyone to elaborate on what that can mean for someone who expect to live in decent health for as long as possible? transhumanism, good diet, sens and this kind of things.

Attached: sqdnt.jpg (231x218, 10K)

unironically this

there is Nightlight in windows, and android one also does tint the screen on sunset, and goes into b/w after a specified time (from 23:00 to 7:00 is the default afaik)
it def works: I had nightlight glitched for a week, and during that time my sleep pattern went down the toilet

melatonin disruption != damaging eyes
good try though

>hormonal impact
this, it gave me gynecomastia
pretty cringe and bluepilled

Fuck. I guess I shouln't have spent the last 15 years on Jow Forums

just buy used OLED the blue is pretty much burnt to shit after a couple years anyways
if you do not mind white displaying as sepia

>Blah blah blah more research is needed
>more research is needed

At least the 5G shit is believable.

It has nothing to do with the light and everything to do with not looking at anything other than a screen only 1-2 feet from your face the entire time you are awake.

Attached: 1549859023215.gif (600x600, 3.59M)

are yellow gunnar glasses really the solution or just an expensive meme?

Attached: 1541119634038.webm (1092x802, 822K)

not a problem on windows 10

Attached: 1545265832716.png (800x806, 18K)

BETTER CALL SAUL

max orange 24/7 master race

There was that russian phone with rear e ink display.

>but kindle paper white
>has a blue backlight
>put backlight on lowest setting
>it's still on

My lineage os have it built in :^)

>Gunnar’s

Just get a blue light filter in your prescription glasses next time you get new ones, pleb.

>implying I need glasses
I don't have any

You’re just going to look like a fag then lol

I know that feel, I hope you can get a quiet place for yourself soon if you haven't already, good luck

transhumanism is literally just an attempt to fix humanity's maladaptation to modern technology by throwing more technology at the problem hoping that it works out
protip: it's just going to make things worse by creating even more dependence and decay. the actual endgame for transhumanism is to literally leave the physical, natural human body behind and upload our consciousness into cyberspace
so the transhumanist future is essentially human extinction and fuck everything else

>unironically believing humans won't replace robots

Pleasure constricts us

What is depicted in this image?

Thanks God I'm colorblind.

I never had an issue with all this light shit. It is now where people come telling me how bad it is for them.

>blue light from a 50 lux computer screen is dangerous
>blue light from the 120,000 lux sky outside is perfectly fine

shut up and buy our blue filters glasses

based

Attached: Glasses-1.jpg (1000x563, 21K)

It's eye fatigue, not eye damage. Just give your eyes a break. Use dark mode.

magnets

All operating systems that matter, whether it be for mobile or PC use have modes in which they lower the blue light output of their displays, coupled with blue light filtering work glasses and even blue light-less certified displays and proper use habits like resting for 10 mins every 60 mins this isn't even a fucking issue.

You receive more fucking damage from the sun just standing outside in broad daylight without sunglasses.

can't you just use something like f.lux?
that works the same way right?

Go bask yourself outside in sunlight at least 2 hours a day

stop looking in a mirror

Flux just makes your screen fucking red/orange. I don't want to look at that shit.

well ya if you take all the blue light away
you don't have to use the lowest setting you know

>blue light makes you obese
>blue light gives you cancer
>blue light makes you blind
>blue light makes you depressed
>blue light makes you retarded
>blue light gives you brain damage

Attached: 1348121749647.jpg (428x469, 18K)

>OMG BLUE LIGHT IS LITERALLY HITLRR

Attached: 1519590011516.jpg (640x633, 41K)

You can adjust the color temperature of your displays. Remove a little blue and things get comfy anyway

>Blue light makes you read Jow Forums

This will just change the color but not the blue

no red light does

Attached: 1450621849629.jpg (2346x1341, 235K)

There is no difference between the light emitted by your phone's screen and that emitted by your television, computer monitor, or light bulb in your house.
But there is a difference between it and sunlight. Without sunlight you will lack melatonin and thus have a harder time getting to sleep.

But what the real danger is lies in addictive nature of the internet. The dopamine coaster is what is really keeping you up.

Eyes hurt is muscular weakness, start to look thing far far far away(go outside, walk in afternoon) as exercises