Boomer here...

Boomer here. I haven't bought a single thing from them since the 2010 bulldozer dogshit FX CPUs do they actually produce better shit now?

Attached: 2000px-AMD_Logo.svg.png (2000x478, 19K)

weak b8

no it's still trash, their latest gen processors still only have single core performance similar to haswell
even the "muh price/performance" isn't really true outside of synthetic benchmarks

Do it, jewish tranny.

Attached: 1539107572471.png (698x396, 34K)

>times of india
how apt, pajeet

They're literally better than Intel now and probably will be for another 2-∞ years.

I had bought AMD since the 486 days. The only product they disappointed me was Bulldozer.

Do it.

in fairness, intel's single core hasn't improved much.
Ryzen 3000 comes out this year so we should see mainstream 12-core and maybe 16-core parts from them. As it stands 2700x is great for everything other than raw frame rate at 1080p. Intel also do better than AMD in specific applications like Premiere Pro and Handbrake encoding, but cost a fair bit more.

Ryzen 7 1800x owner here
Worst CPU I have ever bought piece of shit.

I wouldn't buy Intel pozzed garbage even if it was infinitely better for just $1

Attached: 1546732169492.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

My 2012/13 A10 5600 is running fucking great to this day

bad copypasta fren

Attached: 1482333723955.jpg (500x265, 11K)

AMD CPUs are great now. They're a much better option than they were a couple years ago with FX. They're great for gaming even if they do get outpaced by Intel equals but that's really about it. Their single-threaded performance is great and their multi-threaded performance is excellent. They're not the best overclockers though but can still get pretty decent gains even with slower memory.

AMD GPUs on the other hand have taken a nose dive and aren't really worth it unless you need OpenCL compute and stuff like that. It's a shame too. I always bought Radeons ever since the HD 5000 series and it wasn't until Vega that I skipped out. Though that's mostly because I couldn't even get one. I got a used GTX 980 Ti instead which I needed to RMA and got a GTX 1080 out of that.

Attached: 1544590807364.jpg (1478x1108, 150K)

Attached: oy.jpg (978x765, 173K)

Before we get carried away, 9900K should be $500 MSRP but yeah it';s currently out of stock. I think intel have a supply issue so expect it to be a bit more expensive if available elsewhere.

the i5 9600k shits all over the 2700x and is cheaper

>all over
I'll have what you're having.

>6 cores and no hyperthreading
This is an excellent choice if you only play high framearte games and plan on upgrading in a few years. Otherwise it's the stupidest fucking thing you could waste your money on.

it's selling on amazon for below msrp at 499.99

:P

It's an old image from that time, can't say the same about

Attached: oy.png (891x278, 196K)

you mean it's an excellent choice for everything except running cinebench

no amd is still 30% behind intel and more like 50% behind if you overclock the intel which you cant do to the same extent at all on AMD.

AMD is shit

bulldozer was 30% behind as well only reason ryzen is shilled is social media and reddit is big now and AMD was smart and made a big 2year long campain hyping it with no data before it was released so a fuckload of idiots got on board and was so invested that they still are in denial that it was actually a non improvement.

don't buy amd a better budget processor is a 8350k direct die cooled and oc to 5.5ghz

No, I meant what I said

high IQ post

jesus christ
at least you get paid i guess

Attached: 1408035707672.gif (300x199, 298K)

>just delid this piece of shit processor bro
worst thing I've read this past week
imagine being this much of a corporate cuck

>2010 bulldozer dogshit FX CPU
>Bulldozer released in October of 2011

lying faggot

welcome to Jow Forums

t. autist

lol retard

Attached: UPGRADE2010.png (836x768, 17K)

>tfw there are people on this board bought kept buying the 4c8t ishit next for small gains

Intel has a constant supply issue ever since Ryzen caught them with their pants down and forced to do a coffee lake paper launch. They literally had to pour lakes of coffee to even come up with it in short time.

Ryzen is good, everything else is a meme.

>They literally had to pour lakes of coffee to even come up with it in short time
I keked more than I should have.

This pic is a funny meme because FX wasn't even an upgrade to LGA 775 as it had about the same IPC as C2D. The only thing one would gain is a more modern motherboard.

The IPC may be the same as a 2006 C2d but that piece of shit clocks so ridiculously high with 1.35v if your board can compensate the vdroop, the 8350 will do 4.2GHz on stock vcore.

And yet it was still losing to iSHIT released 2 years earlier. Wow, such smart.

and gets demolished by [email protected]

Well, the AMD FX "smart" people simply had nothing to upgrade to from AMD.

I wish they had released Excavator or even Steamroller FX CPUs....

incredibly weak bait, but ryzen is multiple factors better than anything AMD used to make ever, and simply magnificent price/performance.

can you explain this? I have an 1800x and it's been the best purchase of my fucking life

>ryzen is multiple factors better than anything AMD used to make ever,
Eh, the early Athlons and then Athlon 64 were also very good for their times. Then there was Phenom with lots of bugs and clocking too low, then Phenom II was too little, too late...

So yeah, I'd say with Ryzen they're at their best since Athlon 64

Just wanted to congratulate you on a successful bait

not him, but buying 1700x was the second best computer hardware purchase i have ever made, first best was a 250gb 500/500 SSD.

ryzen is great series from the beginning, i hope they keep it up

im pissed i didnt come to Jow Forums for the past week, were there any good meltdowns over radeon VII? screencaps or links would be appreciated.

Reminder that with the 9700k as the base, the 2700x is only 5% slower at 1080p. muh gayming needs to fucking die, you won't notice a shit of a difference.

>bulldozer
>dogshit
nou

You must've lost at least half your brain in some horrible accident if you're going to defend the shitfest Bulldozer was. Piledriver was an improvement and is somewhat usable but it doesn't mean it wasn't bad.

can you explain without parroting simpletons generalisations why it was bad? no? thought so

>IPC below Phenom II
>good at multithreading only when it didn't involve floating point operations because it literally shared a single FPU between 2 cores
>better than AMD's own previous generation only when you actually overclocked it to housefire tier temperatures and power consumption

>>good at multithreading only when it didn't involve floating point operations because it literally shared a single FPU between 2 cores
And even then subpar because the components feeding instructions and data to those 2 cores were also shared.

>650 cinebench score at fucking stock when the 2600K doesn't even do that
>subpar
I'll fucking take it, you gotta realize the 8350 cost $195 dollars and a 2600K cost over 300, and you needed to pay more for a P67/Z68/Z77 motherboard to even change the multiplier because intel are assholes about it.

Attached: R15.png (394x722, 60K)

You realise that SB came in early 2011 right, underage amdrone? Back to your subplebbit.

refugees are welcome here

Well whatever, it fuckin destroyed the 3570K in multi core, was really competitive with the 3770, with the benefits of really good price to performance, and the heatspreader is soldered to the chip, no need to delid dis.

Intel has pretty good performance, but you're getting fucked up the ass when you're paying $350 for crappy foxconn tier thermal compound on your expensive ass CPU.

I'll never understand how AyyMD shills can defend Disasterdozer even now when amd released a decent architecture and they can have compare between shit AMD cpu and a good AMD cpu.

Jesus Christ we get it, you bought an FX processor and now need to live with it somehow. Just cope and move on.

Bulldozer a shit and it's the reason AMD went so far down, but the 8350 was a very nice CPU. Probably the only good one of that abortion of an architecture.

>Well whatever, it fuckin destroyed the 3570K in multi core, was really competitive with the 3770
nope
>when you're paying $350 for crappy foxconn tier thermal compound on your expensive ass CPU
Just like the thermal paste under the atlon 64 fx IHS for $1k?
Thanks for confirming that amdrones are literal 15yolds.

>but the 8350 was a very nice CPU. Probably the only good one of that abortion of an architecture.
It feels like it only because it was literally THE best FX CPU released. There were CPUs higher in the line but it doesn't mean they were better, whoever came up with the FX-9000s must've done so while undergoing a stroke.

Nice argument.

>single core CPU using paste in 2003 when intel did that too and tdp wasn't that high is the same thing as modern chips where the TDP is really high and you have multiple cores
The TIM paste on Ivy onward is fucking bad, if you get a bad application from intel, you cannot cool that motherfucker even with a big heatsink, you'll need to delid dis and reapply it.

>Nice argument
Meant for

They got better to the point they're fooling people into thinking they're the cheaper option. They got that nailed down so far.

>weak b8
27 idiots replied including me

They should've fuckin released an Excavator FX in 2014. Like an FX-8650 or something, instead of putting AMD users in limbo for 5 fuckin' years

Nice deflection. Also what matters for paste application is die area, not cores. Small dies are prone to thermal microcracks if soldered.
Bulldozer was a steaming turd, deal with it.
fuck google and fuck recaptcha

I'm not trying to deflect anything, AMD even uses paste on their 200GE APU, because it's not meant to be overclocked, but for Intel to use paste on their mainstream K series CPUs meant for overclocking, and force you to buy an X79 mobo with 3930K if you want a soldered spreader, cause the fuckers know it's better, is just fucked up beyond all belief.

no PSP Backdoor

Best FX feature desu, I heard that when the Linux kernel mitigated the Spectre, the performance had droped 53 percent or some shit, and they had to reverse it because intel was getting btfo so hard.

The 8370, was kind of a refresh because it clocks a tad bit higher with the same tdp.

God tier CPUs.

Absolute dog shit GPUs.

>Absolute dog shit GPUs
>saying such a falsehood when the GTX 680 is fucking dead and you can still use a 7970

>dogshit GPUs
>when the RX580 is literally $200 or less and better and BTFO every novideo card under $330, has gotten 12%+ since it came out, and is by far the best card for 1080p, serviceable at 1440p, etc.

i asked the same thing, we got no Steamroller, no Excavator...
I know we got no jaguar or puma or bobcat shit or k12 or whatever, but with zen/zen+/zen2 i dont care.

The power of biased hardware reviews is amazing, user, AMD could make a CPU with ridiculaous price to performance and there are people on Jow Forums that just wouldn't give a shit because it only performs 9%% as well as an nvidia card that costs 50% more.

I fucking wish they would release something new though. Polaris is 3 years old by now.

>9%
95%. 9% as good would suck.

people just buy nvidia, its what they have always done even when they werent on top. hell even now you have people buying 1050tis and 1060s

and it only consumes twice as much power, is twice as loud, makes your room twice as hot except when it's crashing

I went from 8320/280x to 2600/1070ti this past boxing day and I'm happy.

DELET THIS

Decent performance for the price if your softwares can fully utilize multicore CPU.
But still not legendary bang for the buck like 300A/Q6600/2500k

>Q6600 was 850 dollars at launch and then $531
>stuff wasn't even multithreaded because 2007
>Still gets priased for price to perf

>2011
>FX 8350 delivers great multi core performance for cheap when it wasn't taken advantage of while being cheaper than an i5
>omg it's total shit

Fuck this tech landscape.

2700x set up right can achieve similar cinebench scores as a 9900k

nobody cares, go eat some applesauce

My Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8gb pulls 79w from the wall, is nearly silent, and is cooler than my Nvidia cards (including a 1060 3gb I had before this). You are on Jow Forums Do you not know how to undervolt?
Reference designs are dogshit, and you'll notice that every review site likes to use those as an example.

Too bad it was replaced with the 590 an overclocked and hot as hell clone.

And I would splurge and spend the extra bit on a 2060 just because it's the dollar for frame rate king right now. I'm sorry you have to cling to old models of AMD GPU's. but RTG is a fucking mess right now, and will be for a while.

>just because it's the dollar for frame rate king
Actually that's the RX 570
Also the RX590 has more underclocking / memory OC headroom than the 580 due to the 12nm process. It is just overvolted like fucking hell out of the box. And again not all rx590 are created equal; the reference design is dogshit.
A 2060 is $350, a huge difference from a ~$150 RX570 which is within 10% performance of a gtx 1060/rx580 out of the box, and can usually be flashed/overclocked to almost rx580 levels.

The 2060 is a near pointless card considering turning on RTX makes your framerate more like a gtx 1050ti for double the price, tensor cores are not going to be used by any "gaymurs" and at $350 there's no reason to buy it over a 1070ti or certain models of the vega 56 (powercolor red dragon can be found for $329.99, and can reach gtx 1080 levels in some games with a little tweaking, around 130w, again reference designs are heavily overvolted out of the box, so, do the little bit of work required to get something better for less money.)
i'm not gonna come to you with any delusions about navi or whatever but the entire RTX lineup is garbage except for the 2080ti.
2080 = 1080ti
2070 = 1080
2060 = 1070
DLSS is a meme, RTX is even more of a meme. this isn't pixel shader 2.0, it's literally "a few reflections" and is being showcased in games where you'd want it off all the time (battlefield)
rx 590 is not a replacement, its yet another rushed bullshit launch from RTG, like radeon VII. dont buy any of that shit. just the 580 or 570 or maybe vega 56. only cards they have worth buying at current prices.

Attached: core2duo.png (381x353, 38K)

E8400*

>Tfw fall into the weird age range to be a ZoomBoom