Drain Bamage

> Many audiophiles claim analogue vinyl sounds better than digital downloads
> or CDs. Experts talk of the “tone bleed between groove walls” and “inner
> groove distortion” missing from digitally processed forms, all adding up to
> vinyl’s more visceral experience. For that greater sense of the artist at
> work in the studio, the Rolling Stones returned to their original analogue
> tapes and repackaged albums such as Exile on Main Street.

Zoomers have learned from their Boomer parents well. Either that or they're suffering from the genetic effects of parents breeding
in their 40s.

Yah man, longing for the good old days, when women stayed in the kitchen (Proud Boys!), nobody talked about keeping Darkie down they just did it (alt right!), 20% of kids died or were crippled before adulthood (anti-vaxxers!) and everyone knew the earth was flat and 6000 years old (Fundies!). Science man, all it does it turn frogs gay. So I guess it's no surprise that rich white kids with unearned opinions love tubes, vinyl and scraggly
facial hair.

Attached: crosley.jpg (380x380, 15K)

Actual retard spacing

Yeah cuz you can't see fucking newlines in the Jow Forums editor. Fight me.

different people like different things, so?

"I like this" is not the same as "I like this because it is objectively better"

again, who cares?

you, obviously

Actually kind of impressed at Jow Forums for not going for the [guaranteed replies]

Vinyl does sound good tho. No idea why, I'm but a simple Jow Forums person, so I know nothing about technology.

Fon’t feel bad user, lots of people the world over can’t afford the nicer things in life. enjoy your entry level garba..gear and have another (you) :0)

The imperfections make it sound warmer, that's literally all it is.

Vinyl isn't 'better' from any technical standpoint, it just sounds nicer the same way hearing someone play a violin in front of you sounds nicer than listening to a CD.

>humans are not perfect
>humans tend to enjoy imperfect technologies
Who would've thunk it

Go back

the distortions introduced by motor speed variance and vibration, along with distortions inherent in normalizing out RIAA equalization give vinyl records a unique sound signature that is difficult to reproduce using digital media. Some people like the way that distortion sounds, so they purchase records.

>this amount of ass hurt
Were you raped by a turntable user?

Well aren't you a jaded, opinionated faggot.

Attached: 625134.jpg (385x246, 18K)

headroom.. you can't give air a binary code

Tape can technically sound better than CD. Not that human ears can tell.
Obviously songs that were originally mastered on tape reels are going to sound better going from the original master reels as anything other format would require conversion.

>6.5 billion
That image needs to be updated. Nowadays it implies over a billion people do care

Attached: your opinion is valuable.gif (500x278, 430K)

Digital CDs suffered from dynamic range compression from loudness war.
Digital download music nowadays do not thanks to Apple's iTunes encoding straight from the master.

All you need to know about audiophilia.

Attached: staxloli.png (871x883, 887K)

It's better in some ways even while it's worse in many others. "Lossless" digital formats are only lossless with respect to each other. Compared to an analog source of sound they're missing a lot of information, and I'm not just referring to clipping frequencies you can't hear, which analog media also tends to do because of physical limits. When you have to chop the signal up into a fixed number of pieces, like 16bit/sample for CD audio, things are going to get lost or approximated. On the other hand an analog recording's "resolution" is limited only by the physical properties of the recording medium itself. For a vinyl record that's literally the molecules that make up the walls of the grooves themselves.
Modern digital encoding does a pretty good job of approximation to be fair, but there's a reason performances sound better in person.

I like my recordings with imperfections in them though.

Why do you care?

Not to mention, a lot of the frequency range left out of the recording outside of human hearing you can still feel even if you can't hear it.

That has nothing to do with the format and more with producers being retarded at the time

Vinyl are often better than CD because the mixing on it have more dynamic range, its not because of the support but because it was mixed this way.
CD are meant to be played in your car or headphone, or on a cheap 90s player, thats why they set less dynamic range in the mixing,
while Vynil are meant to be played in your home, where you have less distracting sound and better acoustic.

But mixing are better nowaday so I doubt there any difference on recent release.

Also Vynil are bigger so the art is bigger.

Attached: 1528457448877.png (1000x1000, 1.76M)

If you were around when vinyl was a thing, you are so deaf from being in front of the speakers at concerts "back in the day," that you can't tell the difference between digital and ambulance sirens at this point...

>distortion caused by flutter
yikes

It's just another /leftypol/ faggot shitting up as many boards as they can before being b&

oh no, /hpg/ is leaking out