Got in to Stanford to study computer science

>got in to Stanford to study computer science
>gives up after one semester and an intro course due to difficulty and none of the creeps in her class helping her
>becomes humanities major
>will forever be seen as more intelligent than you and will make lots of money

youtube.com/watch?v=dHJslFthQAk

Attached: IMG_20190212_235020.jpg (480x581, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/azzamsa/awesome-lisp-companies
web.stanford.edu/class/cs106a/
web.stanford.edu/class/cs106b/
web.stanford.edu/class/cs106x/
web.stanford.edu/class/cs103/
web.stanford.edu/class/cs109/
web.stanford.edu/class/cs107/
web.stanford.edu/class/cs110/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This isn't your personal blog to repost the Youtube content you got clickbaited into watching because you're a low impulse control IQlet.

gtfo

>342 posts and 7 image replies omitted. Click here to view

> Watches video of woman being honest about her CS experience.
> Immediately projects their weak masculinity onto the situation.

I can't believe you've done this

University CS is miserable though. Hell the whole field is complete misery at this point.
I can't imagine how arbitrary the curriculum is at a place like stanford, too scared to commit to anything.

I love computer science theory but all intro cs courses are horrible

Making money does not make you intelligent, if that was true, the kardashian bitches would be Einstein level.

> the whole field is complete misery at this point
If you take the raw average of the quality of the work done in CS maybe there's a case for that. But it doesn't mean high-quality work doesn't exist. You're responsible for finding it though. I read old textbooks about lisp machines & formal systems and shit and I love it despite feeling like mach 10 retard from being confronted with the challenges.

Nice numbers friend

What kind of programs does their introductory CS course assign that take 10-15 hours to debug?

Oh joy. Lisp machines

You have some problem with them or are you just one of these faggots who researches nothing & knows nothing about topics he takes a cynical attitude of?

>lisp machines

Attached: sad_angry_K_ryan_gosling.jpg (918x597, 216K)

In all fairness she does have valid points. CS is filled with autists and pajeets and faggots, and schools like Stanford are known for making classes artificially harder than they actually are in reality. There's no real reason an assignment in an intro class should take 10+ hours to complete that's just ridiculous. Then again op comes across as a butthurt autist anyway.

>There's no real reason an assignment in an intro class should take 10+ hours to complete
Being a woman is a good reason for that.

I went to a top 15 CS school and our assignments would often take that long to debug. Usually 5-10 questions per assignment with each question requiring 100-500 lines of code. And you had to write your test suite too. Usually if you just wanted a D or a C on the assignment you could get away with just having your test suite/assignments pass the public tests but if you wanted full marks you had to catch every single edge case for your tests and have good style/efficiency in your implementation too. This was for first and second year courses too, so probably not that uncommon at other schools.

>I'm angry at women, blog post #16456

> Usually 5-10 questions per assignment with each question requiring 100-500 lines of code.

LOL. What the fuck are you talking about? If you take 500 lines to solve your homewerks, even at a top tier school, you must be fucking dumb. Seriously what was the nature of these assignments?

All I remember about LISP was the retarded CUDA or some shit and crap ton of parenthesis. I think I still have the textbook around here somewhere.

CUDA is a library for using Nvidia GPUs, you Turkish nick-nack merchant,

I'm sad at what could they could have been, not hating them.

Well the good news is you can run OpenGenera 2.0 on any 64 bit Linux distro. It has live documentation embedded inside itself so you don't need to rely on stackoverflow to answer your questions.

What on God's earth could you POSSIBLY have to do in an intro class that requires more than 100 lines of code, let alone hundreds? This makes no fucking sense. This is why college is a meme.

Imagine defending the shit stain that is LISP. Oh I'm sure let me rephrase that so you can understand.
(Only(retards(think(this(is(a(good(language(who(the(fuck(even(can(read(this)))))))))))))))))))))))
Enjoy your language that literally no one uses professionally and isn't used for any commercial products.

first off, don't be a faggot and tell us what school

And it makes sense if you have a set of programs to write, she gave the impression that there were many projects that would each take that long.

>Enjoy your language that literally no one uses professionally and isn't used for any commercial products.

I know you enjoy being stupid, and it's your right to take pleasure in your ignorance. Let your ego be soothed by the idea that there is nothing better beyond what you already know, so your brain can safely rot without your having to feel any guilt or shame. But please refrain from saying verifiably false bullshit like this. I am relying on your sense of modesty here. Tap into the same impulse that prevents you from stripping naked in public and masturbating in the faces of onlookers ( if you happen to possess any such impulse, that is ).

Some links of people who are making or have made fortunes from LISP, in case you decide to grow a sense of shame:

github.com/azzamsa/awesome-lisp-companies

butthurt redditor

Good fucking comeback. Give yourself a gold star and go back to nailing your dick to the table.

>Awesome Lisp Company is the curated lisp for companies that use Lisp Extensively in their stack
They're not using it as their main language you dumbfuck. It's used in a similar vein to Python, to speed up a part of the R&D process. Don't reply back to me or my wife's son until there's an operating system written entirely in LISP or a product that's entirely written in LISP. ;^)

If you can even find a list of what companies use as their "main" language we can use that information to progress the debate. Particularly for large companies, I don't even think the concept of a "main" language even applies in any meaningful way.

> an operating system written entirely in LISP
Genera is the big daddy here.

> a product that's entirely written in LISP
This is kind of a retarded demand to make in a world dominated by x86. Any really powerful product is going to include some calls to C libraries, because C is the de-facto language of x86.

i kind of call bullshit because my graduate level graphics class has had us slowly put together an engine complete with backface removal and lighting and were about to add raytracing. So far the worst ones are at 1000 including comments.

>lisp
baby talk baby talk its amazing you can walk

I'm rubber you're glue,
What you say bounces off me cuz you're a Jew.

New programmers need a lot time to do simple things, a lot programmers just because you need hundreds hours to get it.

Yeah, but she said in her video she had experience programming throughout high school and had taken AP CS, so not a 100% novice

AP CS is nothing, lol. You only need like 70% correct to get the max score on the exam, maybe 40% to pass. If you went to a nonshitter CS program like she did you could easily be weeded out in the first year.

Thanks for the compliment friend. It truly is nice telling me that I have the highest IQ here. Compliments don't change the fact that you are a butthurt lisp fanboy tho.

Damn, she's hot as fuck

Their CS101 uses nand2tetris if memeory serves

I sense that you got stuffed in lockers at school.

I went to generally well ranked school and most assignments didn't take that long to debug, unless you were doing it in dumb way.

hahahaaaa what a bitch. I did nand2tetris self-study mode in like...a month, and that was when I didn't know the difference between an exception, a pointer and a baboon's ass.

>that projection
sit on dr. anons lap and tell him about your childhood. if you're good, i'll give you a treat to suck on

>CS is taught in high schools now
OH NONONONO

>Pretty young and rich woman change to Pretty young and rich women major.

You'll do nothing but cry yourself to sleep for the sixth time this month.

Nice digits

Attached: IMG_20190118_121357_566.jpg (621x621, 108K)

>more projection
I'm sorry your parents never loved you user.

I'm sorry you tongue-kiss your dog.

lol, don't worry everyone on earth is retarded

I used to think that there wasn't such an amazing programming skill gap between new grads.

then I got to see the code from job applicants, and I have to say, 90% of the code I saw was so bad, I was pretty sure the people that made them were too dumb to tie their own shoes or feed themselves.

Don't call your mom a dog. That's very rude.

Don't call anyone. They don't want to hear from you.

>will forever be seen as more intelligent
>implying i care

>will make lots of money
I live in a third world, even fliping burgers at US earns more than me (but I still have a better quality of life than said person)

Attached: 1549949391497.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

>calling in 2k19
wow gramps just take a seat before you hurt yourself. I know your brain doesn't work so good with dementia but i still love u

look at bunch of faggot beta orbiter high schoolers in the comments. what a nonce

> Have you considered doing CS + Political Science? With the recent misuses of data by Facebook and there is going to be a lot of work in D.C for policymakers.

>One thing that I'm concerned about is student outcomes. When I was younger I totally skipped past that part of the 'majors' page, and now that I'm 27 (having dropped out of college), it makes a lot of sense.

>I have a deep love for ancient history, politics, language, and philosophy. They make for engaging conversations. Problem is that I couldn't use it as a technical skill. Sure, knowing Assyrian history and reading about techno-feminism from the 70s is cool - but it can't produce capital like a line of code can.

>I've been eating s*** - sandwiches as a barista and low-income worker for a little over a decade. My major wake up call to go back to school was when I had my son. I have a deep sense of dread when I see folks stepping away from a path where they could easily make six figures in a country where most of us aren't doing that well.

>Gender studies and English will be there. They are important. But please consider where you'll be in 10 years. You have the unique opportunity to not end up down here with the rest of us. Please take it

Current year in the USA

Attached: Screenshot (118).png (1920x1080, 344K)

> wow gramps just take a seat before you hurt yourself
Your 12 yo cousin wants his line back.

your dad wants his sperm back

>developing anxiety around homework and tests
yes, this is called challenging yourself and how real learning is done.
>assignments had a lot more room for error
so you had to use your brain and actually think for once?
>if I had to read 200 pages, I could just sit down and get done with it
yeah, because it demands nothing of you other than knowing how to read
>too many CS students
PAY ATTENTION TO ME, I'M SPECIAL!!!
>great convos in philosophy class, college is a great experience, bla bla
muh feels. all those deep philosophy discussions will look great in a bullet point on your resume. obviously mommy and daddy are paying, so no biggie.

yet another dumb American slut got sold on the "lmao dude college experience", and now daddy is paying for his little princess to ride 4 years of ivy league cock

Attached: 1533330206603.gif (640x513, 1.54M)

Give it back to him then.

but my dad is not your dad. learn to comprehend autismo

> implying you suck your own dad's dick
You flinched. You lose. Tomorrow you will wake up as a nigger. Grats.

you retard, your dad wanted his sperm back that made you. by not comprehending, you lose

>cs degree
>tons of class hours taught by failures who retreated into academia because they're too stupid to compete in the private sector

>humanities degree
>learn stuff like argumentation from philosophy class, learn how to write and communicate like an adult due to all the essay writing, have like 10 hours of class a week, get insane marks due to how easy it is
>use your copious amounts of free time to learn programming for fun
>still get a high-paying job due to your coding portfolio and interpersonal skills

Comp Sci is for autists.

I refuse to believe a Stanford undergrad can be as retarded as she is.

At my also-top-15 uni they had two different streams for CS intro: advanced/turbo nerd and normie. The advanced class is *much* more rewarding but had longer and harder (but genuinely interesting) assignments, 100-500 LOC was reasonable.

Give an example of such assignment.

tell us waht school fgt

Ivy league schools are a joke

Stanford CS is not a joke m8, they have some of the best employment outcomes in the world.

I think this is a better college for her

Attached: IMG_20190210_213541.jpg (1080x1274, 207K)

Employment just means connections and business deals between the school and partners, nothing to do with quality per se.

you don't get a SE position at big4 without passing their technical interviews

Just because you have good SAT doesnt means you have the aptitude for it

Firstly, you absolutely do. I did for one. Secondly, this and that are unrelated.

>muh resume

"competing in the private sector" is the definition of an underageb& detector. Only the underaged have such misconception as to think there is such a thing as competition in real life, as opposed to political backstabbing, lies and manipulations.

To clarify, I meant as an entry level, freshly graduated dev. Everything I've read has indicated that the technical interview is a critical part of the hiring process for those companies.

>PAY ATTENTION TO ME, I'M SPECIAL!!!
It's more than that, stupid frogposter. A smaller student count means it's easier to make connections with teachers and other students, which means more networking opportunities.
You're absolutely at a disadvantage going to a school where the degree program you're interested in is very populated.

Implying there's no bribing, prestige, or under the table dick shaking going on. You think what you said means something, but it's not entirely true. Connections and money speaks louder then merit.

>will forever be seen as more intelligent than you

Nobody actually thinks these people are intelligent, user. It's like when the retarded kid does a finger painting and everyone compliments him. It's not that the painting is any good, or even makes any sense, everyone just feels sorry for him because he's retarded so they act nice to him.

itt brainlets speculating on stanford curriculum thats literally all online. typical intro 1st year cs classes (in order):

>CS106A (brainlet/normie intro to CS, java): web.stanford.edu/class/cs106a/
>CS106B (normie II electric boogaloo, c++): web.stanford.edu/class/cs106b/
>CS106X (106b but for non-brainlets, c++): web.stanford.edu/class/cs106x/
>CS103 (math & shit, write proofs): web.stanford.edu/class/cs103/
>CS109 (probability): web.stanford.edu/class/cs109/
>CS107 (intro systems programming, c, c++, assembly): web.stanford.edu/class/cs107/
>CS110 (systems II electric boogaloo, c, c++): web.stanford.edu/class/cs110/

usually people drop after 107 or 110 when they realize programming is not just making funni games in a bastardized java library. take a look at links for assignments/lectures.

They certainly get your foot in the door, but even if you pass the technical interviews at a big 4 company they'll throw you out when you inevitably can't keep up.

As a fresh grad from a no-name school that might be true, except through nepotism.
Though one of my points is that companies don't care if the applicants pass the tech interview or not, they compare how applicants performed on the whole vs the current pool and select the ones they prefer. If they only put people from stanford et al. in the pool in the first place, even if every single applicant fails and a non-stanford applicant would ace it, they have only those from the pool, i.e. the stanford grads, that they can choose from. It's just that it's very unlikely that none of the applicants pass that phase.

far less so than in other fields like finance

There is no 'throwing out' people at big companies. That only exists at small companies.

No one is ever fired from a big 4 for under performing?

Attached: file.png (449x498, 157K)

by not comprehending that he turned your shitty comeback into a dick-sucking joke, you lost
t. 3rd party

Looks pretty much the same material as my no-name Canadian university.

Correct. Unless an entire division is removed (e.g. the company no longer believes in deep learning so they cut off the entire deep learning division), or someone starts sending death threats around, you can never be fired in big companies. In fact, underperforming is exactly what you should aim for in these companies, because overperforming gets you noted for bad performance, since your manager will feel his position threatened by your performance.

They are on a quarter system so while the curriculum is pretty standard it seems they are cramming more into somewhat shorter courses. But yeah for the girl in the video in the OP to have trouble with the 106A course assignments, maybe she didn't have that much experience after all

I hope you die like the rest of the normies in those graveyards NPC

>will forever be seen as more intelligent than you and will make lots of money
Kek, will forever be seen as more intelligent in specific tumblr circles. As for money, how much money do you think bloggers get when they get published on Buzzfeed and Jezebel ?

It's not enough to pay the rent.

Meanwhile Activision lays off 800 people, guess which section they didn't fire people in, yes, the developers. Turns out your game company can make it without diversity and community managers, as long as they have people who can create the fucking product they are selling.

Do you have any evidence of that?

Lol you're so full of shit.
>nobody gets fired at large companies
Fuck off larper

I only watched the vid for that reason

It's from experience so the only evidence I can offer is that you should find the absence of evidence of the contrary.