Europeans will defend this

> be European
> give your email address to a company which operate exclusively within the USA
> expect that said company follow EU law
the absolute state of Europeans

My boss says that we actually would have to honor his request except that in our case we legally have a claim to the data (I assume because it is associated with purchases?) Is this true, because frankly it seems kinda like bullshit to me that US based companies at US based IP addresses and US based physical addresses are somehow expected to comply with this.

Attached: wow.png (1480x700, 107K)

Yet you operate with people from other countries.

No one says that US companies have to comply, it's not as if Europe can do anything about it. It's just that it's pure political theatre over here. It's propaganda for gullible internet users all over the mainland who need something to pacify them and to make it seem as though the EU is taking a firm stand in their favour.

There's a large number of americlap websites that have already told their European users to fuck off and nothing really happened. Though it does make it a headache for me as I need a VPN to access some of these yank sites.

So any US based company should be expected to filter out European IP addresses by default and prevent them from creating accounts or even viewing the page?

They've been doing that for months now.

Also, Pt 2 electric boogaloo

I couldnt help myself.

I know exactly what fake email address he used.

forgot image

Attached: my-response.png (3116x456, 86K)

>when you're so cucked you don't realize those laws only apply to websites which are hosted in the EU

They literally have 0 jurisdiction outside of their own borders. If the EU doesn't like it, they can tell their domestic ISPs to blacklist the website.

It's not the website operator's obligation to comply with foreign laws, it's the foreign country's obligation to block websites that don't comply with their laws.

But they are selling into the European market so have to comply with European rules. Just as European companies need to abide by USA laws when they sell into the US market. A Romanian company can't sell toxic widgets for kids to American consumers just by saying it is legal in Romania and that they are a Romanian company with a Romania based physical address and a Romania based IP address

Attached: EuropevAmerica.jpg (773x900, 283K)

GDPR is retarded. If I collect data I observe about you in the course of you using my website, then that data is mine to do what I want with and it doesn't belong to you. End of story.

Arguing otherwise is like saying "if you run a pizza shop and someone buys a pizza from you and you write down that they were a small blonde woman wearing glasses, now the page in your notebook belongs to that woman"

Europe is retarded.

They aren't selling anything into the European market, therefore those laws do not apply. Europeans who use free services are not customers.

> buying anything from Romania

Fucking cucked europeans with their consumer rights and two years warranty and privacy data protection laws
Cucked and sad!

Attached: 1532448175541.jpg (612x528, 126K)

You fucked up by saying you would delete the data.

> food analogies

>rework your entire backend to simply hide "deleted" data from users in EU shitholes

problem solved

This is how mutts unironically think though.

>food analogy
lmao, classic ameritard

Based dubs

If you provide goods/services to a country, you have to follow that country's laws.
Why is this hard for retards to understand?

Attached: 1414862177239.png (1020x912, 415K)

Its not a food analogy retards, "pizza" could be any business, product or service. If I go through the trouble to collect data on my business operations and users, that data doesn't belong to anybody except me.

That is cuck-tier mentality.

No, what's cucked is thinking anyone else has a right to the data that you spent time and money collecting.

Don't like it? Then don't use free services.

You've obviously bought stuff online before through various stores.
You would be fine with them selling all that shit on?

>it's not as if Europe can do anything about it
Well they can make it much harder to operate or really do anything in the EU.

>You've obviously bought stuff online before through various stores
No, I haven't.

I'm trying to get my account deleted on bodybuilding.com's forum but they refuse.

How do you even convince them to do it? Usernames, posts, email addresses etc falls under PII which falls under GDPR, so it pisses me off when they refuse to do it.

>Software Architect
jesus christ

>then that data is mine to do what I want with and it doesn't belong to you
Well, not true in the EU.

Yes you have, what's the point of lying?
You're telling me you've never given any business your name and address?

Europe in general has never been a lucrative online market so this is why many websites simply block European users altogether as it isn't worth it to comply.

>many websites
>many
lmao

>GDPR
>German Democratic People's Republic
I thought East Germany was no more?

Why do you think you're entitled to havem them delete something that's stored on their servers and cost their bandwidth and CPU cycles to deliver? Especially since you volunteered that information freely.

eCommerce and online business took off in your country long before it even developed here so that might be why the north american market is more mature, but there is still a larger population in the EU alone.

The law says he is entitled to it, irrespective of your shitty opinion on said law.

Sharia law isn't global.

>no arguments
>f-fucking muslims!
At least you've proven me right.

laws are a very silly thing to care about

>be american
>eurofag spergo sends me angry email
>"oi, deleete my doita roight foocking now"
>wait a few days
>reply back
>"done ;)"
>never actually deleted anything
>mfw

Attached: 1529686047981.jpg (720x719, 62K)

>At least you've proven me right.

Exactly. Sharia law doesn't apply world over. No need to cry about it

They are providing a service by fulfilling the http requests. It doesn't matter if there's a monetary value, you are still bound by their laws. You can't send cocaine into other countries through the mail with your name on the package either. You'd be extradited for violating the law there as long as there are extradition laws in your own country, irrespective of whether in your own country cocaine is illegal or not.
This. I don't understand how everyone in this thread is autistically defending companies collecting as much data as they want when in the other threads everybody is complaining about muh botnet.
Is it because of libertarianism? You already saw how when people are given the choice between a botnet product or a less convenient non botnet product, they chose the botnet every fucking time. People are too retarded to take care about their own privacy. Enjoy having shadow profiles built by everybody else's devices and not being able to interoperate with other people's software without being tracked and spied on.
Either support laws against that or just accept that you don't care about privacy.

I don't know about many but yeah, I guess that's an option too.
It isn't. And when it was still alive, it was GDR (DDR), not GDPR.

>"oi, deleete my doita roight foocking now"

Attached: 14091198712322.png (604x717, 814K)

edgy xD

>still no arguments
Cope more.

Attached: 1369520726050.jpg (500x500, 125K)

... what

>No, I haven't.

Attached: file.png (640x449, 311K)

Why are you concerned? It's not as if the EU can do anything about it. The worst that can happen is that EU ISPs are forced by the high priests in Belgium to block your website from EU nations.

Well maybe in your shitty little communist country, you think that anyone who collects data has to share that data on their own personal harddrive with everyone because that's how communism works.

But in actual freedom-loving countries, if you collect data, you own that data.

if you take a screenshot of my post as #697798XX whatever, does that mean I get to access your harddrive and DEMAND that you delete the screenshot because you have ""my"" data on your harddrive and it's PII? No, that's retarded. GDPR is stupid boomer law

God you mutts are fucking retards.
The law covers PERSONAL data.
Your post is not personal data.

Also
>freedom-loving countries
>own that data
Are you retarded?

Hey, you have one of my posts saved in your browser right now. You need to delete this thread from your temp file directory to comply with GDPR, because you have MY data on your computer. This is an official "right to be forgotten" request.

>because it is associated with purchases
If you operate solely in the US how did an European do these purchases?

Maybe look at what the law actually covers before making retarded arguments, chucklefuck?

>The law covers PERSONAL data.
My post in contains personally identifiable information (stylometric data in the form of unique writing patterns that can be used to identify a person)

Please delete this thread in your temp folder right now and do not access it again or you will be in violation of GDPR. Thanks.

That is classed as personal data you mongoloid.

>According to the European Commission, "personal data is any information relating to an individual, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life. It can be anything from a name, a home address, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer's IP address."

You have my personal data (social networking posts on the social network known as 4channel) saved on my computer right now. I am filing a formal GDPR request that you delete it right now or I will be contacting the EU privacy commission

>it's another rude ameriblobs vs seething euroarabs thread
sometimes I hate aussie hours desu

Meant 'not', it's 4am.

>any information relating to an individual
>Anonymous
Great job retard.

I do not give you consent for your browser to process my personal data (social networking posts on the social network known as 4channel)

Delete your temp folder right now.

My posts are in relation to me as an individual, as each one of my posts contains PII (stylometric data)

You are in violation of GDPR by storing this data on your computer.

That isn't classed as personal data and you know it. Why don't you answer instead of ignoring it?

Also, before you call me some great EU defending faggot, I detest many aspects of it and voted leave, but on this issue they are fucking spot on. This law is literally designed to put power in the hands of consumers and you're instead acting like a cucked shekelstein faggot and defending botnet tier practice.

>That isn't classed as personal data and you know it.
Yes it is. You writing style is unique, via stylometric analysis. Therefore, any posts you save of mine are PII. Violation of GDPR, right there.

Do you have any evidence that it would be classed as personal data?
Also, I like how you conveniently ignored again.

Attached: 1426183074988.png (316x360, 145K)

>Do you have any evidence that it would be classed as personal data?
Personal data: According to the European Commission, "personal data is any information relating to an individual, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life. It can be anything from a name, a home address, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer's IP address.

A post on social networking website qualifies.

>relating to an individual
>Anonymous
Try harder.

Also, answer or I've got my conformation that you're completely full of shit.

Attached: 1460313055554.png (841x720, 860K)

>relating to an individual
It relates to an individual because my posts form a stylometric profile which can be linked to a name.

It is by very definition linked PII, much like a picture or a fingerprint is.

Now delete this thread in your temp folder.

What OS do you use?

FreeBSD. Now you REALLY have to delete this thread because that is another piece of linked PII :^)

Post a screenfetch.
Also, the law only applies to EU data subjects, so I even if that post was personal data (which it isn't of course), I wouldn't have to do shit.
Good research you've done, faggot.

Attached: 1395115490446.gif (250x327, 229K)

>EU subjects
lmao EU cucks don't even try to hide how owned they are by the state

Sad!

Oh dear, I didn't realise you had done this little research on a topic before getting in to an argument about it.

Attached: file.png (1136x1126, 75K)

i'm not even the other retard you were arguing with, i just thought the fact that you proudly call yourself a "subject" is hilarious. cucked to the bone

>A person or thing that is being discussed, described, or dealt with.
Also, I find it ironic you're calling me a cuck when you're the shekelstein faggot defending the rights of corporations to use and abuse your data.

You are being autistic.
First off, the law probably only applies to businesses. Sure, some data from other people are stored in people's browsers, but that data isn't likely to be collected en masse and sold to marketing agencies, is it?
And second, there is something called the letter of the law vs the spirit of the law. Judges don't apply the law textually without actually exercising common sense.
If you sued me you'd probably lose because I don't have the means to accurately manage the data in my temporary files, but if a group of people made a class action lawsuit against, say, Google, they'd stand a bigger chance of winning, because Google has thousands of engineers who are managing that data and have the technical capability to remove those records.

In the first place you wouldn't have to do shit because they aren't in the EU.

How? I really don't care, I can do it no problem. But he also hasn't provided any reasonable way to identify himself except an email address not in our records

We ship ONLY to US addresses. Whoever this was was in the USA while transacting with us

Butt blasted Europoor plz go

Doesn't matter. It's a hypothetical.
I really hate the whole
>haha europoors amirite
>lmao amerimutts hahaha
thing.
I agree Europe is in general a lot more cucked than the US.
But I also think Americans are more just as mentally cucked as Europeans.
Sure, Americans might be slightly more against immigration (and that is a bit might, remember the 51%) but then blindly defend corporations, the police and the military like they were the best thing for freedom ever.
And in this case, I believe having privacy regulations is less cucked than not having it.
What does it matter if instead of "persons" they say "data subject"? The effect of the law is the same, isn't it?
Maybe there is a legal reason for the name, do you really think they picked it because it just because it was more humiliating as compared to "person" or "individual"? Maybe it also applies to organizations and not just individuals, and that is why a more generic term was needed.
Even if you considered that they picked the term because it was humiliating, you can still agree that the alleged purpose of the law (regulating how and what data companies can collect) is a good purpose. They are two separate issues.
Again, even if you never made an online purchase, use FreeBSD, never made an online account, and so on.
Have you ever have a picture taken with friends and family, that then was uploaded to Facebook?
In your daily activities, do you walk in front of businesses with security cameras?
Have you ever spoken with somebody who had a smartphone in their pocket, or near somebody else who had one?
Have you ever used a credit card?
Do you have a bank account?
Have you ever given your employed personal information about you?
If any of those are true businesses are currently in possession of data about you, and you might benefit from legislation regulating its use.

>Again, even if you never made an online purchase, use FreeBSD, never made an online account, and so on.
where did i say any of this lol

I'm not concerned just amused. And as I said my boss said that the EU law does in fact apply here but he's a statist, so I don't really take him seriously. I'm just amused by this whole situation and I think whoever sent that request is a whiny little bitch

>If you operate solely in the US how did an European do these purchases?
By being in the USA at the time?

>companies have the right to indefinitely and arbitrarily store and sell other people's personal information
Imagine being such a tool that you burn your own free time to defend for-profit, corporate data-mining interests in a soap making estonian billboard.

Attached: 1549508614523.png (800x821, 682K)

Well, sorry, I thought you were the same poster who said he uses freeBSD and hasn't ever made an online purchase.

I think that user was trolling. Nobody can be that stupid and obtuse.

Anyways I don't think American companies will have to comply with GDPR unless they're like Google with offices in the EU.

Can the burgers tell me if they actually think they get copyright, patents, business secrets and trademarks and all rights to use them commercially once they record them?

If no, is it just that the idea that people rather than companies can own anything other than debt that bewilders some of you?

Are you one of those guys who constantly complain about muh botnet?
Again, see It's pretty much impossible to get access to food without giving up information to one company or another without you having a say in how they handle it.
That is one of the issues I see with a libertarian state, nobody gives a fuck about privacy and that has negative externalities to people who do care.

>Europe has never been a lucrative online market
That's why nearly anyone apart from irrelevant US newspapers comply with the rules

How does it feel being cucked by your own country? I can just write an email to Google and literally force them to print everything they have on me by post and then force them to delete it.

And if you don't comply well go ahead give the EU 4% of your GLOBAL turnover that is more than worth it.

yikes

>if i collect data i observe about you, i own it
>if i handled your credit information and i observed its numbers in the process of making business, I am free to sell it
>if i make detailed routine and spending records about you, then sell it to burglars, it is my right to do so
>if i take a picture of you while in my business, and profit out of your image, you have no claim to your image

And it goes on. Dumbericans will lick and spit shine the boots that curb stomp their face in. You won't find a more dedicated group of self-imolating drones than these.

Attached: 1544841047198.gif (360x202, 1.58M)

Seeing how all relevant and big tech US companies get imposed fines worth billions by EU yet they still keep doing business over here I highly doubt this. The only ones blocking Europeans are ones whose entire business model lies in aggregating data illegally which the U.S. won't ever stop.

Nobody wants to pay multiple billions per year to EU just in fines like for example Google had to yet all of them desperately want to stay.

Yes

Do you want a legal justification or a moral justification?
If you mean the legal one, then unless bodybuilding.com's terms of service say that user is transferring them the copyright ownership, user can terminate the license to use such content. It's the same thing that MikeUSA is saying about Linux devs retracting their permission to use their code.
If you mean a moral one, then I can give you an utilitarian justification:
Marketing is a zero-sum game. Companies don't win much by data-mining their customers other than serving more accurate ads to get a bigger share of people's income.
On the other hand, if people aren't allowed to regulate the usage of data about them, there can be large negative consequences such as companies refusing to employ some people because of political affiliation, thus interfering in the democratic process and reducing the efficiency of the economy by hiring sub-optimal employees with respect to the quality and amount of their work output.
So forcing companies to follow people's request related to the data about them increases the well being of society and individuals on average.

Well they make it simple to you. Either block EU users (which most companies won't do since a majority of purchasing power lies in there) or acknowledge the rules.

If you don't do either you just need one European . Doesn't need to be a company or a lawyer can be a private person. He can go to the national data protection authority and complain for free and you will be punished severely.

>Lost by 3 million votes
>Still gets elected president

D E M O C R A C Y

That is wrong. If you do not block EU users you are forced to comply. Give me links of commercial American services that do not comply I will during the next couple weeks complain to my data protection authority.

> I don't think American companies will have to comply with GDPR unless they're like Google with offices in the EU
The EU claims this is a fundamental right of its citizens and it is "all companies processing the personal data of data subjects residing in the Union, regardless of the company’s location". It is explicitly also extraterritorial. And the EU is big enough to do this.

The USA also does quite a few things like that. For example it usually fights extra-territorially for its copyright and may go in with special forces if you randomly grab and torture US citizens, right? I think a few of these things are also formal on the USA's side, with a lot more just being "realpolitik".

This is not realpolitik. Realpolitik is Germanic (specifically Hanoverian) patrician politics. What you are describing is the mixture of incestuous Hanoverian and subhuman lobbyist "politics"