/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: pomf.jpg (500x352, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sandisk.com/about/legal/hd
amazon.com/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-USB-C-Supporting/dp/B06XTYKLNJ
amazon.com/Accell-DisplayPort-Cable-Locking-Latches/dp/B00CD1FB4E
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/9wzu0f/ltsc_2019_rereleased_iso_x32x64_en/
github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-sniffer/ndfgffclcpdbgghfgkmooklaendohaef?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Libreoffice

Not knowing better, when I built my PC I put W10 on it. I want to switch over to linux. However I want to make a windows 7 partition to easily play visual novels. How much disc space should I allocate for this and what version of w7 should I get? I don't see myself using windows for much else outside of that purpose.

Attached: nomnom.webm (1280x720, 43K)

Huge fucking video editing question. I'm trying to import a video into YouTube. When I do the audio is not synced at all towards the end of the video.

Looking back at captured video I realize that a frame or two is skipped. Even on MPC I see immediately go from :09 to :11.So I went to see what I could do about this and installed a program called handbrake.

Well what handbrake did was cool it synced the entire video and audio so there were no unsynced portions.

Problem is now, some parts of the video just have NO AUDIO AT ALL. And I'm not sure how to fix this bros.

Anyone with video editing skills please tell me how to fix this.

whats the IP range on chinks and russkis?
I want to block whole china and russia

if you can provide Indian addresses too it would be great.

Okay I need you guys to piss on my parade so I see this laptop from another angle. I'm looking at the Dell G7 15 GAMING laptop as a home/work, but hear me out and then please tear apart my ideas.

Specs
-$1499
-i7-8750u
-RTX2060
-8gb RAM
-256gb NVMe
-1920x1080 60hz screen
-Thunderbolt 3

Plans
-Add another 8gb of RAM for $45 rather than $100
-Add a 1tb 2.5" SSD in the unpopulated 5400rpm slot
-At home plug in the laptop to a TB3 dock that has USB and HDMI ports for a mechanical keyboard, nice mouse, and 1080 144hz screen (maybe 1440p?)

Attached: dell_G5_G7_large_1546953516473.jpg (1200x628, 79K)

Hey everyone. Has anyone here written software that is able to scale over time using plugins? What I mean is, has anyone here written software that can use plugins?

How does one do this? Are you supposed to keep everything modular and pretend each part is a box, and then just pipe input/output to your modules?

for example, there could be a screen component that only renders output, so you pipe the main code's to the screen, but if there is a plugin you pipe it through there and then the screen component? Is this the general idea behind it? You keep your plugins in an array and then just pipe IO through it?

50gb a piece would give you plenty of room

Version - you can get any version if the only thing you will do is games.
Space - 20GB is enough.

>try to download from mega
>"Insufficient memory buffer, try chrome"
>chrome downloads 99% then runs into a permanent error
>was basically out of memory and my computer was shitting the bed, try on my linux box instead
>"Insufficient memory buffer, try chrome"
>chromium downloads 99% then runs into a permanent error
>try using the extension, it's new machine and I'm going to wipe and reinstall soon anyway
>"Downloading this will exceed your data limit. Please wait ~4 hours."
Why is this acceptable?

Attached: are you fucking kidding me.png (880x49, 7K)

So i have a home built pc i built a long time ago, but have kept semi updated. Recently i unplugged it for about a month while on break from college. I plugged it back in, and the DRAM led on the motherboard is lit, and it wont boot.

Nothing changed in that month

No idea what happened

Any ideas

try disassembling it and then put it back together

Check your sd card sustained writing speed. sandisk.com/about/legal/hd

There nothing you can do when your source is fucked. Import your video into adobe premiere, separate video from audio and fill the gaps. Check which stream is intact and use it as reference.

Inform yourself about sd cards and video recording. It will happen again if you keep using your old one. Or just lower the recording resolution/quality.

It's not a SD card. It was a gameplay recording on shadowplay. Sadly I don't have premier. Costs too much.

Do you have a ssd or are you recording on a hdd? Are you using fraps?

I'm using an SSD and recording on SSD. Not sure what fraps is not using it though.

Maybe your system is too weak. Depending on what game you were playing and what hardware you have. Shadowplay is mostly done on the gpu.

why did mp3 became so prevalent?
weren't there better options back then?

Best practice is to get an elgato and a second system to record your gameplay/stream. Recording on the same system is too much of a performance hit and can cause mouse lag. Drop your resolution down to 720p and see if that helps.

Ok, thank you for the help. Now I just have to track down a good W7 torrent

Attached: 482fba5e5f317bb005fa316aaa710b9e5e308b23_hq.gif (500x349, 375K)

Well the game isn't a game it's called vrchat. It's just that in that moment I got a small hiccup with the recording. The game was fine though so I didn't notice the hiccup until watching the video.
My specs aren't that bad. I hope.

Attached: Annotation 2019-02-06 164151.jpg (630x567, 125K)

>vrchat

Attached: 1544475378205.gif (650x400, 3.86M)

I got a t470, which i fairly like. But i'd like to be able go game a little more, which the integrated intel hd 620 doesn't exactly allow. Am I better off trying to find an external gpu, or just get some cheap AMD APU box to play around with. I don't care for the best ultra mega max quality

Today I had an interview for a software developer internship after I passed their programming test. I felt like I answered all the questions well, kept eye contact, had a good posture, and asked questions at the end. I'm just worried that I may have sounded a little nervous. Does appearing or sounding slightly nervous hurt my chances much?

Attached: spaghett.jpg (2153x2117, 348K)

Is it just me or does every single new screen out there these days just suck balls ? I can't look at these LED LCD displays without getting headaches or sore eyes. I dont remember these problems with CRTs or even CCFL LCDs

I only like it because it helps me with my socializing.

What are some things you have to do to reduce case noise?

Replace the intel stock S
HSF, change case fan speed to the minimum possible.
What else?

>headaches or sore eyes
Its called eye strain you fucking faggot.
Myopia induced by staring at shit too close to your face, how the fuck idiots like you can even function in the real world is beyond me.

>when you accidentally post in a stupid question general

Attached: ihavenoface.jpg (600x800, 73K)

>vrchat

Attached: vrchat.webm (600x328, 1.02M)

Fuck off

are you ok? babby forgot his pills today?

You just want an excuse to post that.

Pic related is my setup, I've been getting some bsod anytime I browse the internet a little too much with first my mouse and keyboard turning up and off, the videocard stalling then coming back. But when I play videogames that stress it they all run just fine. I tried to check the dsk and windows said it couldn't find any issues. If anyone could offer me some help I'd seriously appreciate it. I've been getting the same error code from the event viewer

0xbe200000

Attached: Capture.png (886x693, 114K)

So I'm a retard who for the longest time has been on a shitty laptop with an intergrated chip (Intel HD3000). Recently I got a computer from a relative thats old, but better than my laptop performance wise (HD6850)

My question is about the GPU. It keeps crashing its display drivers without fail on games my laptop had no issue actually running.

How would I go about troubleshooting this? I've already jumped the hoops to update drivers, but with no real results.

Attached: Whythria.jpg (695x458, 50K)

Bumping question from last thread

forgot to add, this was an office pc I bought, all I installed was the videocard and storage, the ebay seller was highly reviewed and was recommended to me

only been running it since today

>partition
just run them in a VM it's not like they have serious performance demands

>gaming laptop
retarded/10
just get a more powerful home desktop for half the price and spend the rest on a cheap internet-and-text-editor machine for work

You got that right.

Are you playing in vr or just the desktop version? I remember that it ran like shit even in desktop.

Use flux or night time even at daylight. Eyestrain is serious.

Look into Far Manager. It's open source and has plugins. It all depends on type of plugin, what are you allowing it to change. Right out the gate you need a design document

Attached: 61303951_p50_.png (700x700, 220K)

I suck at tech, please don't chew me out.
I have an HDD from an old computer that I want to retrieve some files from. But I don't understand how stuff like pic related (HDD->USB) can work when surely the drive needs a PSU for it to "run"?

Attached: 51SPXyjO+jL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 36K)

that specific one will only work for 2.5" drives, since they only require 5v to work, which USB alone provides
for 3.5" hdd's, you want one with a separate power supply for 12v

Attached: th.jpg (474x474, 22K)

Gotcha. Thanks user

I feel almost at my wits end here, someone tell me if I'm retarded?
HTML input tag with an initial value in exponential notation, so for example
On chrome it will show 1e-4 in the input bar, on firefox it will show 0.0001. Is there any way to get firefox to show 1e-4 without having to fuck around with JS? I feel as if this should be supported in firefox but I can't find anything about it online.

>The way his eyes move up as he realizes he's been had
Kino

I recently started to have problems with my internet connection. Right after I get new router (I don't have access to any options). On linux it seem fine but on windows 10 I have disconnects and sometime massive pings. I have ideapad z510 that is on dead battery. Also when I set slideshow for wallpaper it often stop after just few.
So I think it is either drivers or power saving or both.
I updated drivers from lenovo website and by windows driver management - any other good way?
How to disable every power saving option - or it is something different?

I don't know anything about anything, but you want to display a string instead of a number, so maybe don't set type to number?

Users need to be able to scroll through a range of numbers, and setting limits and such is simple with plain html. Probably should of mentioned that, my bad. Otherwise that's not a terrible solution, as the input is passed on to a formula but changing it to a number is trivial JS.
Just realised I might be better off taking this to /wdg/.

I got a form to fill, with various steps. I would like to automate the process. How can I do this ? Javascript reading fields and filling them from a config file ? Can it execute itself and remember what it did from page to pages (there might be one or two page / popup) ?

Also, I think I'll have to do it reading a xlsx file. IE support it I guess, but can I read them from other web browsers ?

anyone here know of a free android app that LIMITS bandwidth usage of your phone? everything is all about increasing and monitoring and when i do find something akin to limiting is its a badly reviewd app with people saying it doesnt work or just an adware app

reason for this being that i share my connection and im okay with limiting my phone's net speed especially when i try to use my phone while im on my desktop, and then my phone trying to update or download something just saps the bandwidth out of my desktop

I have a raid array set up with 4 drives on a raid controller with 4 ports. I want to get an 8-port card to expand the storage so I can fill out the 8 drive bays I have, but I'm not sure how to transfer the array to a new card while preserving the data and partition scheme. Is there a simple way to transfer an array from one card to another? And is there a simple way to expand the array from 4 to 8 drives after switching? Will there be issues preserving boot info since the array has a windows system partition?

If the new card is same brand and family it the existing array should just werk plugging it into the new card.
Usually can't expand the RAID set directly for moar drives, but may be able to do a span of the current set + a new set.

¿When should and should't i use Riva Tuner's Framerate Limiter and Scanline Sync options?

Attached: IMG_20190213_051034.jpg (918x630, 112K)

Trips and probably a retarded question, since 2 is better than 1 always, should I get the II Core edition?

Thanks for the response. I'll look into using a card from the same card family.

Any software for keeping a journal with a calendar?

Videos in any browser stutter, games do the same. (audio and video)
Everything else works fine. I can download videos and watch them flawlessly with the vlc player.
Is there something wrong with my graphics card? My pc is eleven years old by the way.
What should I do?

Attached: 1542730635314.jpg (720x833, 27K)

why can't diskpart find my vhd when im trying to setup windows 10?
pic related is what SHOULD happen but it doesn't work.

Attached: 2014-10-01-13.20.33-600x450.jpg (600x450, 65K)

>pic related
>oh but it's not my picture
>oh also it's not even a picture of the problem i'm having
what the fuck are we meant to do with that?

it's supposed to work like in the picture, but it can't find the specified file. It isn't so hard to understand.

can you verify that the file is where you're telling it it is?
if i were to guess, you're either;
a. using the wrong drive letter (not that the letter in regular windows and in pe [setup] may be different)
b. the filename or path has a space in it, and you aren't using quotes

i can attach the file while in normal running windows, it's all fine there. But when on setup and using diskpart it cannot find it.
it should be the same drive letter but how can i know if it's not?

>it should be the same drive letter but how can i know if it's not?
you have cmd ope--
you know what, just open "notepad" and click "file > open"
there. now you have an explorer-esque window in which you can view "Computer"

(remember to set file type to all rather than only .txt files, otherwise the .vhd file won't show up in notepad's open dialog)

I want to install linux on an nvme drive which I will use externally. If I then transfer said nvme drive to a desktop down the line would I have any issues?

Do 3 meter displayport 1.4 cables actually exist? I'm 0/3 ordering these things on Amazon.

Attached: Amadeus.jpg (1920x800, 165K)

So where would I start if I wanted to check my Windows 7 for infections? Thing is I have my windows install for ~6 months (made a new build for vyda and shit) and its disgustingly slow. Opening task manager right after boot does sometimes nothing for +25 seconds after which it opens. I already disabled most non-windows services. Windows is on a ~120 GB samsung ssd, I also have a 500gb sdd for games and super old HDD ~4 TB with various shit. got MSE as my AV.

There's lot of different lengths you can order, usually in the range of 1-10m. Here's a 3m cable for example:
amazon.com/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-USB-C-Supporting/dp/B06XTYKLNJ
jesus christ did you even bother searching?!

amazon.com/Accell-DisplayPort-Cable-Locking-Latches/dp/B00CD1FB4E
Was meant to link this but clicked the wrong one on the page.

Is using a complicated regex like
(?:(?
to escape all double quotes which are not at the end or beginning of a string an inferior solution to an algorithm of
1. remove enclosing double quotes if present
2. escape all unescaped double quotes
3. put back enclosing double quotes if present in step 1

The purely regex solution results in a couple hundred steps in the engine for the input it'll typically receive (according to regex101.com).
This is mostly a philosophical question and I'm interested in any opinion. I also feel like I can't really assess the resource intensiveness of the regex operation. Keep in mind option 2 would also likely require regex to check if the preceding character is a backslash. This function would likely be called tens of thousands of times during an unit of execution.

Is your program something that is heavily utilising the CPU? If so, perhaps test both out to see which has the least impact.
I personally prefer the regex string, but make sure to comment what it does, as it's something that can be annoying for others if they are going through trying to understand the general logic.

>Is your program something that is heavily utilising the CPU?
Yes, thanks for the feedback. The real moral of the story is that I spent too much time on this detail already, and performance testing would just cost more. I'm probably going to go with option nr 1, nonetheless I'm interested in what other people see/do when faced with such a dilemma.

I've searched quite a bit. The problem is that what gets delivered isn't the same as what's listed in the title or product description. I got three 1.2 cables that were listed as 1.4

How many % of tech companies do you think are infested with es jay double-u politics?

Also that's plainly listed as a 1.2 cable.

win 10 won't install on a virtual hard disk and gives 0x80300002, even though the disk is unallocated space and clean. is the ssd drive faulty or something else?

You could try installing Malwarebytes anti-malware and/or a portable virus scanner like Clamwin running off a USB

Which also means it's a 1.4 cable, as there's no actual difference.

Will Linux die with Linus?

Attached: wontforget.jpg (610x660, 76K)

so I got this homework going on and the question is how do I print out the number of evening highschoolers who attended less than 70 hours

using System;
using System.IO;
using System.Text;

namespace Educational_statistics
{
class Statistics
{
public string name;
public int highschool_count_daytime, highschool_count_evening, university_count_daytime, university_count_evening;

public Statistics(string line)
{
string[] splits = line.Split('*');
name = splits[0];
highschool_count_daytime = int.Parse(splits[1]);
highschool_count_evening = int.Parse(splits[2]);
university_count_daytime = int.Parse(splits[3]);
university_count_evening = int.Parse(splits[4]);
}
}
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
string[] read = File.ReadAllLines("Statistics.txt", Encoding.Default);

Statistics[] statistics = new Statistics[read.Length];

//1 ans 25
Console.WriteLine(statistics.Length);
//2
int sum = 0;
for (int i = 0; i

Attached: Python Programmer.jpg (212x206, 42K)

What's the best, or rather least intrusive version of Windows 10? I need to install Wangblows on my lappy to run some old programs and Win 7 doesn't want to work.

it used to LTSB but it was renamed by Microsoft to LTSC

download that and activate it with KMS38

after that you just need to follow this guide to remove spyware

sorry, the second link meant to be this one

github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy

Any free utility or plugin or whatever that provides proxies or VPNs or whatever? Don't need any fancy ultra-anonymous shit, just different IPs.

While I'm at it, is there any way to use a modem-router in bridge mode and still have more than one PC connect to it, wired or wirelessly? I'm aware I could do it with a switch, but I'd like to do it without any extra hardware if possible.

Attached: 1442670279827-0.gif (436x376, 2.3M)

Thanks very much user, do you know how good of an anti-botnet measure Windows10-Privacy is? I remember things like keylogging and sending a screenshot every 10 minutes from the first version's threads a few years ago.

Are you sure about this? I've been getting some flickering at the bottom of the screen with DP 1.2 at 144 Hz. (Admittedly I'm only at 1080.) Figured a better cable would fix the problem.

Attached: 1242088105481.jpg (1534x1000, 366K)

I don't know much about that, but It's probably not thorough enough and I'm too lazy to figure out how trust worthy that guide is but it's on GitHub so it looks okay

modem(192.168.1.1) hooked to router (device as client to modem dhcp on 192.168.1.5 serving clients as 192.168.0.1) have several clients hooked to router, they all are under the same mask 255.255.255.0.

Why can’t a client from the modems wifi(192.168.1.xxx) ping the 192.168.0.xxx clients?

Attached: 8F5916D3-A9B3-4ECA-B7D7-80C88F4A093E.jpg (1080x740, 71K)

I already have malwarebytes on my system and I'm concerned that it might be compromised, I'll try ClamWin, thanks user.
Just incase I'll reinstall windows after the scan

how do I join the IEC channel on riot? when I try to join it throws #_rizon_#Jow Forumssicp:matrix.org does not exist

do I need an extension to sniff http requests such as media video on video stream websites? I just used this to save an episode of a tv show from a streaming website but do I really need an extension for this? can't I use the dev tools built in in the browser already? chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-sniffer/ndfgffclcpdbgghfgkmooklaendohaef?hl=en

nvm solved

Is ShutUp10 a good tool to "unfuck" windows 10?
I'm running the defaults right now, and the only thing that really bothers me is the fuckton of windows app store apps that come by default. If there's any such no-nonsense pretty much one-click tool such as what shutup10 advertises itself as, I'd like to just install it as well.

1.4 means there should be better shielding, especially at these speeds. 1.2 should be able to pass everything 1.4 can, IF they're built according to standards. I have some 1.2 chink DP and HDMI cables for $5, they flicker at 4K and work at 1440p.

Bump

>This thread has been locked.