Many conservatives believe that social media companies are biased against their views. This includes Donald Trump...

>Many conservatives believe that social media companies are biased against their views. This includes Donald Trump, who last year accused Twitter of “shadow banning” Republicans, and promised to “look into this discriminatory and illegal practice.” A few months later, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey made a categorical denial of any bias while testifying before Congress:

>Let me be clear about one important and foundational fact: Twitter does not use political ideology to make any decisions, whether related to ranking content on our service or how we enforce our rules. We believe strongly in being impartial, and we strive to enforce our rules impartially.

>Recently, Mr. Dorsey appeared on two different podcasts, on which he similarly denied any bias against the right.

>Not everyone is convinced. A June, 2018 Pew poll found that 72% of Americans believe that social media companies censor views they don’t like, with members of the public being four times more likely to report a belief that such institutions favor liberals over conservatives than the opposite. Podcasters Joe Rogan and Sam Harris both received backlash from their respective audiences for not pressing Dorsey hard enough on the censorship issue.

>Until now, conservatives have had to rely on anecdotes to make their case. To see whether there is an empirical basis for such claims, I decided to look into the issue of Twitter bias by putting together a database of prominent, politically active users who are known to have been temporarily or permanently suspended from the platform. My results make it difficult to take claims of political neutrality seriously. Of 22 prominent, politically active individuals who are known to have been suspended since 2005 and who expressed a preference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, 21 supported Donald Trump.

quillette.com/2019/02/12/it-isnt-your-imagination-twitter-treats-conservatives-more-harshly-than-liberals/

Attached: 1539548882453.png (666x768, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1022447980408983552?s=20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck jews

>sample size of 22
Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised. The question is, what were they banned for? I also wouldn't be surprised if conservatives were more likely to say "offensive" shit.

t. SEETHING drumpftards who don’t understand no one wants to hear their bile.

Attached: EB1027A5-F14D-465B-9C01-6D2F557E6835.jpg (256x256, 15K)

Your ideology is bad for business my dude. You could take a hint if you had any self-awareness.

>when you can't handle facts or truth and have to ban people from spreading them

>This includes Donald Trump, who last year accused Twitter of “shadow banning” Republicans, and promised to “look into this discriminatory and illegal practice.”
What? What draconian law says that Twitter cannot ban conservatives for whatever reason they want? How fucking fascist do you have to be to believe this holy shit.

>tfw this guy quotes me
>tfw I'm a hardcore lib
I don't know what to say

>right wing dogwhistles are facts
Lmao

Nobody ever said it was illegal dumbass.

>it's a private business bro, they can do what they want :^)
>NO PLEASE DON'T BAN US REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Trump apparently did, I'm the very post you quote.

/thread

Taken out of context.

>Spamming NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER 16 hours a day.
>Getting ban hammer.
Wow libtards can't handle the truth. I hope government will mandate private corporation to publicize my texts.

This is why the right keeps winning.
Leftists are so emotional, no civility. Don't act like humans and should hardly be treated like them.

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1022447980408983552?s=20

Attached: Screenshot_20190213-064554.png (2048x1661, 573K)

we don't need centralized platforms, we need a plethora of decentralizes ones, that enforces their own rules according to their preferences.

right now, people are locked onto the big platforms, who all have a progressive-appeal-to-everyone (except those who disagree) mindset.

>the right keeps winning
What do you mean? How?

You've gotten demolished in every respect since 2016.

Attached: 1550062072995.jpg (720x471, 65K)

The mid terms were a "demolishment"? Didn't dems gain the most seats in the house in years?

I don't really understand the picture. Isn't right wing extremism nazis or something?

Well, there's a conspiracy for sure that is leaning towards the left. If "conservatives" wanted compassion they wouldn't be such fucking assholes though (destroying the planet, fucking over you're average person eg wow lets send some people to war wow they're back with PTSD lets put them on the streets who cares lolz)

Both sides are sick. Who cares? No one will ever change in the way anyone is thinking that's not in some position to influence corporations, the fact that conservatives are failing at this is pretty laughable.

Let it burn and get out.

The Covingington kid controversy made it blatant. You had dozens of blue checkmarks dox children and post death threats and calls of violence, and not a single one of these accounts have been deactivated.

>conservatives destroy the planet
Lol what? Conservative strongholds are rural states with tons of nature. Republicans have established the majority of the nation's national parks, and have traditionally pushed for more funding for national parks. Dems on the other hand all live in giant sprawling metropolises and wouldn't recognize a tree if it fell on them.

>Donald Trump, who last year accused Twitter of “shadow banning” Republicans, and promised to “look into this discriminatory and illegal practice.”
>testifying before Congress
I swear man these old fools never cease to amaze me. Do they not realize that tech companies reserve the right to govern their respective platforms however they see fit? Does the President, let alone the gaggle of armed geese that runs Congress, know that censoring political views undesirable by the platform at large does not and cannot violate any kind of law and that its in no way shape or form illegal? It's genuinely astounding how retarded some people are, man.
I read these headlines and my brain automatically loads up with more than 10 different things wrong with the very actions taken place and what it means for the overall state of things.. The grandstanding, the non-issues, and dead air are genuinely concerning, but nobody seems to want to point any of this out.

And Twitter already does censor political shit. Any company that forcefully guides its algorithms in such a way to filter content is de facto censoring shit, even if it's unintentional. It's always safe to assume the worst with this shit and simply deal with it.

Whoever holds presidency, the house always represents the other party by a big margin, except this time. This is why its been "years" since they had the most seats, because Obama was President.

Democrats would have wanted at least 10 more seats to be on par with previous trends. Dems had around 250 at the end of Bush's Presidency. Combine this with Supreme Court and Senate its honestly a pretty weak show on Dems part.

I guess you gotta take whatever you can get though when you are part of a failing party.

I think he's talking about pollution and climate change and shit.

Objectively I think the conservative ideology is more dangerous to the notions of democracy, liberty and freedom than the democrats. After all, it's republicans who'll set aside protections against things like unreasonable searches and seizures, free speech and expression, or simply having the same rights as others in favor of things like national security, maintaining and enforcing their status quo, and the interests of religious groups. After all, it was conservatives that mandated racial segregation, brought about prohibition, protested women's suffrage, continuously try to overturn Roe v. Wade, attempted to institute creationism in public schools, and fairly recently tried to amend the Constitution so gays could never get married during the Bush era with many of those exact same policymakers serving on Trump's ass (Pence being one of).

Also keep in mind that the Evangelical factions in the right-wing camp are admitted secular abolitionists. So if you value not being forced to worship or acknowledge someone else's idea of "god" then you're voting against your own interests by sticking with republicans.

Conservative states have much higher air quality, on average.

Attached: 483910main1_Global-PM2.5-map-670.jpg (670x335, 71K)

lol cause they don't have industry

Nowadays right wing extremism is anything right of Stalin

You can still grab them by the balls on their EULA, because it can be broken in both ways

This analysis is shit, Twitter has a SHADOW ban problem, not suspension.

I'm right wing and completely agree. Fuck governments trying to force any laws on any companies. My only real issue with this is that they are doing it and lying. Do whatever ever you want but don't act like you are a bastion of free speech
Republicans defend free speech. It's the democrats that want to enact laws such hate speech. Democrats protested the woman's right to vote. Republicans voted for woman's right to vote

yikes

How about Peter Van Buren though?

Pfft, being so blind as to not see that it's not the question of democrats and republicans, but people who have sold themselves and people who didn't.

The real reason why the left has so much pull is because they're pure evil and therefore know how to manipulate people.
Only recently has the right caught up, but most of that is due to previous left winged white males becoming fed up with woman, jews and niggers. I also believe the catalyst was the GFC which threatened their ability to get well paid jobs.

>liberals blaming other liberals for their problems
You all censor whatever your particular masters tell you to. You are all a joke.

>conservatives = right wing
There are no right wingers in congress. The winning is on a different level that you clearly don't see - the disgust at the establishment.

>Republicans voted for woman's right to vote
yet another huge mistake brother soon sharia law will rule the u.s. inshallah

>the most seats gained since Watergate
>nuh uh, the opposition always takes the house, that's nothing!
Cope