Confess

I'll start
>I use a gaming laptop. I'm very happy with it. Having power at your disposal to play games and use AE while being light enough to be carried in a backpack is great.

Attached: confesswojak.png (728x687, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zAYRAP4mwhc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i set my swappiness to 0

I'm too dumb to configure i3 or PWM

Absolutely nothing wrong with that
Don't worry, they're aimed at neckbeards with 12 hours of free time a day anyways.

kind of off topic but why is my ThinkPad get CPU spikes but during the CPU spikes everything speeds up? Like, when the spikes hit the auto timer on the bottom of the thread blows through 20 sec in 3 seconds.

Does the system clock fuck up too? Might be an issue with your browser.

I still don't have an ssd in my desktop despite being able to afford one

In HTOP it says the browser is taking up all that CCCCCCCCPPPUUUUUUU usage but the repeated keystrokes happen if the browser is closed. Ittttttt rrrrrrrrrrrepeats keystrokes in terminal (which is fucking shit for sudo commands). The entire sssyyystttttttttteeeeeeeeeeem speeds up, even the fucking battery indicator.

youtube.com/watch?v=zAYRAP4mwhc

No idea. Flash bios and EC? My old laptop used to cut off/glitch audio and keystrokes while under high load, it went away after I flashed the bios and ec, don't know which one particularly fixed it since i did them at the same time.

lmao

i'm going to try renstalling. I didn'''''ttttt hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhave a problem when it was running windows 7 (to test if it worked, only usb i had on hand) and there waaaaaaaaaassssss nnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor repeated keystrokes. I'm like 5 seconds away from flying to chiiinnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and beating those fucking lenovo chinks with this godawful fucking machine. Can't wait till i fix my T410

>I didn'''''ttttt hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhave a problem when it was running windows 7
Then why are you beating the lenovo chinks when your target is supposed to be the linux development team?

From 2012 to 2017 I used a gamimg laptop. It works til this day.

Since 2017 I use a macbook pro.

I'm thinkin of trading the macbook for an ipad pro with pencil.

I don't know but someone must be slain for this fatal error.

i fap while viewing chastity threads on /gif/

I used to dual boot win10 to play games because the gpu is far better optimized than on linux
I've started booting into 10 normally as well now and havent booted into my mint install for 2 months

I like FOSS and it's ideals but still use non-compliant software while berating my friends that do too.

Hahahaha what the fuck

I felt the gay reading this

I feel you, i hate discord replacing mumble, but i love the hbg channel making switch piracy easier than anything other than goldenage freeshop

Thought about poking around with a FOSS discord alternative project but it's gone literally nowhere because me and my friends are retarded.

Hosting a competent server would cost to much anyway, and would attract pedos
The appeal of discord is that all braindead gamers can make servers there on discord and sell themselves for this convienince
Making an annonymous account is probably the best compromise you can make in this day and age

>Hosting a competent server would cost to much anyway, and would attract pedos
The idea was that users would host their own, set up would be open ports and run the server giving the user the same customization settings through the client as discord would and probably using a similar system to teamspeak's generated admin key for first startup, instead of an invite code it'd give you an IP with a built in webserver that runs the connection string on the client when opened. We were also throwing around the idea of using a centralized login server but also allowing users to opt out when hosting their own server to either use their own DB or make it fully anonymous by only requesting a nickname at connection and providing a unique ID for that user that would be generated when they first connect and deleted should they leave the server.

I used to hate apple like Jow Forums, then started working as a developer with it (company has imacs) and then switched to a mbp

best laptop ever made for productivity

I like pre-2011 apple shit

I sold linux cds to people in university for $50 a cd

how is that a sin? you are spreading the good word of free software! And you're making a profit. Nothing is wrong with that.

I still use a flip phone mostly because I can't afford better.

I actually got a free core2duo iMac from around 2009 recently because someone was going to just recycle it. It's a decent basic machine.

the "idea" leaks on every side

you won't be able to have decent latency with home servers
you won't be able to easily open ports since routers
you won't be able to even remotely compete with the rest of discord features, you talk about it like it's just audio server

but yea, FOSS alternatives sucks anyway so you're good to go

>you won't be able to have decent latency with home servers
Yeah, that's going to be an issue regardless just due to the nature of res hosting
>you won't be able to easily open ports since routers
Do people really have that much of an issue with forwarding ports?
>you won't be able to even remotely compete with the rest of discord features, you talk about it like it's just audio server
Plan was to just get things working first with VOIP and IRC or something similar but even that might be a bit much of a stretch at this point.

I've destroyed hundreds of game dev kits

>Do people really have that much of an issue with forwarding ports?
In europe (and most likely USA) all routers have by default every port closed in entrance and everything open in exit.

Also how would a router know which port maps to which internal IP without configuring it manually?

you can leverage similar techniques like Teamviewer do (unlike vnc where you have to open the port) but it's still a huge issue if you want local servers

>Also how would a router know which port maps to which internal IP without configuring it manually?
That's kinda what the plan was, or just connect users to a VPN but it's not been 100% thought out

You can get a xiaomi smartphone for very cheap with good specs if you don't care about the camera.
Got my redmi note 4 for 120€ new a few years ago on gearbest. Still using it.

Attached: lineageos-15.1.png (854x581, 31K)

Well I'm american we also have shitty cell company monthly plans.

I work from home. They sent me a very high end laptop, a dock, and two monitors to work from. Something fucked up and they sent me not one, not two, but three kits. that's three high end laptops, three docks, and six monitors. The laptops are very expensive models. They are models that do not include computrace, and the bios/efi are not locked in any way. My boss messaged me saying there was some fuckup in ordering me my stuff, and wanted to make sure it arrived. I said yes it did. I checked my assigned assets on our intranet and it just shows one set of items. This happened about three years ago. We've since moved to using leased assets, and I sent back in the "one kit" I was assigned, and was then sent another laptop and dock with monitors to use. I still have the other two laptops and four monitors. I use them for personal shit.

I'm an anti-pirate and report companies that pirate for sweet sweet bounty. All my software is either bought or open source and I only use W10

It has no sim lock. Get a prepaid for $10/mo or use your old card.

bootlicker

I have never used a computer more than 1 hour.

I've spent over $300 to build a high end Windows 98 gaming PC. New old stock beige case, the fastest Pentium III, rare late model 3dfx graphics card, etc. All the games I play it on work just fine with modern Windows (albeit some with third party fixes), but I only feel motivated to play them on this machine.

Attached: Pentium III Voodoo4 4500.png (1920x1080, 170K)

that's actually really nice; you should've sold them when they were new tech to get a fat profit... if they're Thinkpads or business laptops maybe you could still get $1k or so from each of those kits

I only bothered when I was given one and they're well worth it, especially now.

Attached: 1530271988393.jpg (800x800, 64K)

you just have fast mode enabled

guess you cant handle the speed

it's dead easy to make an anonymous discord acct, and if you use it in the browser instead of their closed-source app, the botnet can't monitor your other programs and other accounts, so you win and can enjoy all the benefits of the software with none of the drawbacks :)

My phone's so old it doesn't even have a sim card it's a CDMA.

I want a cheap iphone to just to make calls. I use windows 10 because most apps I use require it and I'm a gamer. My older laptop has Ubuntu on it, though. I plan on selling it because I don't need it and my main laptop can dual-boot anyway.

I think new thinkpads are superior to classic thinkpads.