About Ryzen 3000 apus

If Vega 11 performs as much as a GT 1030, then how powerful would be an apu with 20CUs would be?

Reason? I might buy a 3600G, if the rumors are true along with a dgpu, so I could do a GPU passthrough, if possible. Or at least, keep the integrated graphics as a backup, in case the dGPU dies.

Attached: images.png (691x444, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13771/amd-ces-2019-ryzen-mobile-3000-series-launched
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 601328427
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ryzen 7 with vega acceleration in gpu compute-friendly tasks
momma su pls

Please give an appropriate answer.

wasn't there a 20cu thing tied with one of intel's high-end nucs? It was somewhere around 1050/1050ti performance but was a gpu on the same die as intel's cpu. This would be a little less since it wouldn't have hbm, but still pretty awesome if FUCKING SOMEONE would make a nuc-competitor with one of these.

>TBA: CES

Attached: 1549471454409.jpg (202x323, 21K)

h-he misinterpreted his source. his source said announce in summer 2019

Attached: 1547630639486.gif (480x270, 237K)

20CUs is a meme, Vega 11 is already bandwhidth starved and cannot perform at maximum capacity, if it doesn't come with on board grafics memory it'll perform no better than a Vega 11.

At least post the updated list

Attached: LUL.png (1302x839, 840K)

The 3000 series APUs are refreshes of the first generation Raven Ridge APU. AdoredTV is a lying welfare manchild.
That aside, barring stacked memory on the package, there is no way an APU would ever have a substantial IGP. Cost there is prohibitive. Its not happening.

It was a discrete GPU, just on the same package.
Performance wouldn't be "a little less" it'd be flat out impossible to feed 20CU at all without HBM. Dual channel DDR4 doesn't provide enough bandwidth. There is no getting around this.

No source would show it the way you did. Not even sites like Tom's Hardware.

This doesn't accurately reflect the confirmation that 16 core parts are planned. I'd just scratch off the dates.

No, he flat out made it all up
anandtech.com/show/13771/amd-ces-2019-ryzen-mobile-3000-series-launched

7nm APUs will be in the 4000 series. Adored literally made up all those SKUs himself as pure guesswork and totally lied. He has no source for anything.

He can't keep getting away with it .

Attached: 04300430543034.jpg (1080x1397, 154K)

This chart is a joke, amd prob dont even have engineering sample for that gpu right now

Somehow this guy know the price and the performance since last year

>Vega 64 + 15%
>$249
>150W TDP

Fucking kek, I don't know which is more unbelievable the price or the TDP

>AMDrones give him $2.3k a month to make shit up

Attached: 1549927000765.gif (540x303, 2.88M)

Hello, Intel fanboy. OP here. He is currently an i7 user. But he's planning to upgrade to Ryzen.

>hardware update cycle nearing
>still no Zen 2 release dates
>graphics cards are bit of a shitfest right now, too

Attached: 1484427636623.jpg (480x454, 33K)

>About Ryzen 3000
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Reminder no matter how bad Zen2 is going to be it will still outsell Intel.

>Somehow this guy know the price and the performance since last year

The price is dictated by three things:
1) R&D costs, and given that the dev cycle for microprocessors is something like four years, the R&D cost is pretty well known a year from launch
2) Manufacturing costs. Which, again, is known. The 7nm node is in production right now. Cost per wafer and yields are known and have been for some time.
3) The market. Again, we know what the market currently looks like and analysts at AMD are certainly making predictions about what the market will look when this product launches.

Given AMD's position in the market as an underdog and that 7nm is already in production, I really don't think those prices are unreasonable. It's a die shrink. You can get an RX 580 4GB for 170USD right now on Amazon, and that's just what I see on the first page. If you think AMD can't knock $40 off with a die shrink, I don't think you belong here, to be honest, especially since the technology that enables that price reduction is TSMCs, not AMD's; you're not even talking about AMD at that point. As for the other cards offering performance on par with Vega for a fraction of the price, you have to account not just for the die-shrink, but also for the fact that they aren't using HBM anymore. Newfags don't remember the HD 4870 being faster than the GTX 260 and costing MUCH less.

As for the TDP, again, it's a die shrink. A tuned RX 580 with good silicon will draw around 100W. We already know 7nm can cut power requirements by 50%. So actually, 580 levels of performance at 75W is conservative. Vega 56 performance at 120W and 64 at 150W isn't as conservative, but still well inside the ballpark since a loaded up Vega 64 draws something like 300W (and I think we can reasonably expect significant attention to efficiency with Navi in addition to the process gains).

None of it looks weird to me. The release dates seem like bunk, but that's about it.

>still no Zen 2 release dates
thats a bummer man. pic related we MIGHT get something new

Attached: GDC 2019.png (919x584, 175K)

I DON'T WANT TO PROFILE TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES TO UNDERSTAND OPTIMIZATION OPPORTUNITIES, I JUST WANT A FUCKING RELEASED DATE

For Zen 1, the lag time between demos and launch was something like seven months, so it's probably going to be June or July, which is what the tech press is saying too, so.

Cheers Jim.

did you read it in his voice too?

Basicaly same logic he use to guess Polaris performance, and say 480=1070

and we know how it went

We've already seen 12 core ES in user bench 16c is 99.99999% confirmed.

LOL what an idiot amd always annc their apu's 6 to 8 months after ther release of the regular sku's

people being saying zen 2 being 12/16 core way before this faggot, why he take all the credit

people speculated a lot of shit before him

what he did was to lay down way too much info on which basicly mama su confirmed on her pcworld interview

>N-NO IT WAS JUST A DISTRACTION AMD IS LYING THEY JUST GLUED 2 FX 8350

Attached: 1487046726017.png (800x612, 234K)

>Hello, Intel fanboy.
So, not eating the the bullshit of some scammer preying on hapless fanboys feelings for years, makes you an intel fanboy?
>He is currently an i7 user.
That's news to me. He wouldn't even put his money where his mouth is. Lower than scum.

Attached: nagi.png (480x480, 239K)

The biggest limitation to APU's is using system DRAM

They need a major boost to bandwidth and lower latencies so APU's wont seriously start wrecking Mobile/desktop GPU's at the low to mid range until AMD puts HBM modules on the package.

Even just a single stack of HBM could give the APU 4gb of VRAM at 256 MB/s speed Add that to a 20+CU graphics core and then you have something.

Im amdfag since forever, this adorefag annoy me so much.

Poor hardware unbox call this faggot out, about amd not releasing zen 2 or navi.

7nm is a lie dude lmao

16 cores and 5ghz boost is happening whether you like it or not

Reminder that Tim was right.

>there will be no 7nm product launches
>1 month later
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 601328427

What do gpus have to do with cpus? Time to accept defeat Jimbo and stop scamming kids from r/amd

>moving the goal post again
tim said 7nm products not cpus retard

Your list already tells me you're clueless. Price is determined by 2 things.

Price elasticity and binning of die (for matching).

How many SKUs can we come up with, what do the top, middle, and bottom look like, what are people willing to pay at each step

Until they've actually gotten enough samples to get a good idea of what models they wont come up with final prices. If companies just went by r&d cost and dumb sunk costs they'd go out of business because they never sell shit. Theres a reason why VII is being sold at cost or at a loss. The closest you came to is the market but its so vague it doesnt matter

He's using 2700, you lying fag.

tim
>AMD WILL LAUNCH THEY MOBILE PARTS AT CES
amd launches their mobiles 2 days before ces beging
>AMD WILL ONLY TALK ABOUT SERVER CPU'S
amd proceeds to talk about server desktop mobile and gpus
>AMD DOESNT HAVE A 16 CORE MAINSTREAM CHIP
lisa su basicly confirmed that there will be a 16c variant

yeah tim was right alright

>Ryzen 3700X: $329.99
Good fucking luck with that.

Attached: 1516377102385.gif (200x150, 313K)

ZEN2 FUCKING WHEN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I NEED IT RIGHT NOW

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 10K)

sure it won't be that low of a price when every single retailer is out of stock for months to come if this MRSP and speccs are true lmao.
>inb4 AMD shill
call me whatever you want but i stay optimistic about those leaks

delid dis

Attached: 1525362785884.png (552x661, 288K)

The fuck are you talking about? Even a 2200g/2400g performs better than a 1030 in the right conditions. There's literally no reason to buy anything under rx580/1070 at this point

INTODDLERS BTFO

we're back to the 150w range?
god dammit i hate housefires

can't say shit at this point

With modern power saving and the fact you can usually cool ryzen (unlike intels jew cum CPUs) 150W isn't really that scary
Not that your ever going to be really hitting TDP on a 16 core CPU outside of extra ordinary circumstances and fully parallel workloads

>we're back to the 150w range?
>god dammit i hate housefires
But thats good for people who live in arctic circle, they get free electric space heater integrated right into the system, great value

Attached: 12911803322952.jpg (342x401, 19K)

>use CPU for computing
>also use CPU for heating
>CPU is now considered for all intents and purposes 100% efficient
thermal dynamics BTFO or something

Honestly, it is a target that AMD should set for themselves. If you under volt a Vega64, you can gain a few % performance while running it at max 220W. With a decent move to 7nm, a lower wattage as well as a performance uplift should happen. But instead, they released the monstrosity that is the Radeon VII.

If they just once built a GPU that is actually made with gaming in mind, they could do it. But they'd have to leave GCN behind.

Wasn't Zen 2 and navi delayed because of low 7nm availability? I read that somewhere.