My PC started revving like a tractor but is perfectly usable

My PC started revving like a tractor but is perfectly usable.
It's probably the fans but I can't open it because of the warranty.

What do I do?

Attached: 4rgaw56ergaw56.png (1278x719, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ojkbd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's a video of it.
streamable.com/ojkbd
As you can see it dies down a bit when I bump it

Attached: 1547686868735.jpg (800x782, 194K)

>can't open it because of the warranty.
you wat

If I open it the warranty expires.

the absolute state of nu-Jow Forums

The morons over customer service won't be able to tell unless there's warranty stickers. If there is just buy warranty stickers off AliExpress or something.

This is the first time I came to this board, I don't care about all the circle jerks and the eco system here, just answer

There is a warranty sticker.

fuck off retard nigger

Is this a prebuilt? Maybe there's dust in it? But yeah wouldn't know til you opened it

It is a prebuilt, G4560, 8GB, R9 370 4gb

Stickers don't mean shit.
Just open it.

Jesus.

Was explicitly told that the warranty is off if I open it and thus ripping off the sticker.

Pretty sure that can't be enforced in most states.

I'm not from the US

which country?
They likely either don't know or are bullshitting you.
Just google "warranty stickers"

Imagine any other product.
>Here Sir, have fun with the car.
>But don't open the hood or no more warranty :^)

Serbia.
Well I don't know if they are bullshitting but they explicitly said that.

>but I can't open it because of the warranty.

Attached: lmao.jpg (369x366, 24K)

Sounds like the power supply fan going bad. My EVGA PSU used to make the same noise until I smacked the PSU box a couple of times and it would stop until next PC shutdown.

The warranty on mines expired so what I did was open up the PSU and replaced the dying fan with a generic case fan I had laying around. The noise stopped ever since.

>not going to some hole in the wall pc shop to fix your pc and charge you $100 for a $5 fan because you don't have the balls to rip a sticker and fix it yourself

I already tried smashing it a bit without opening it and it did really help a bit, used to that is, doesn't help anymore.
I can't live long without my PC and knowing the retards in my country I won't be getting it back for 2+ days

Attached: 1549331112988.gif (540x304, 1.59M)

What do you expect us to say? Either open it to clean/replace the fan, or don't open it and hope it's covered by the warranty.
And you don't have to bump the whole tower, just stick something inside the fan to stop the blades. After that it may start again without making noise, until the next time it does.

I expect you to fix it through the internet. Why can't you just do that?

Might be possible to air can dust the outside of the psu while it's off through the back of the case?

If you have warranty just bring it to the shop u Mong. What are you here for? Whats in the box: don't open it edition. Who is that dude with the cat in the box? Bing bang theory man.

>I can't open it because of the warranty.
enjoy being cucked out of your machine

If it's the PSU fan then it's making that noise because the lube on the bearings are dried out either due to age or dust. My only recommendation is to replace the PSU fan, the PSU itself, or have someone else do it for you.

Turning it off to try to suck some of the dust of the PSU without opening it.
Will use a vacuum

That is illegal in the US and EU. Those stickers are non enforceable.

Attached: o5A5hTu.png (1036x706, 312K)

Serbia is in Europe but not in EU.

It's possible for the dust to get trapped deep in the fan bearings. Dusting the surroundings won't do much. You have to expose the fan bearings and then vacuum the dust+relube the bearings. Synthetic oil or the same oil people use to make fidget spinner sound quieter should work nicely.

Delete Windows

>warranty
>pre-built
tech illiterates aren't allowed on this board

>What do I do?
Never buy a prebuilt again. Beyond that, I don't see your dilemma. You have 2 basic options
>grin and bear it
>send it in for repair under warranty
You can also try to remove the sticker without breaking it and as such hopefully not losing warranty, but if you replace a fan they'll know anyway.

then get it replaced under warranty you derp. That's what warranty is for. I swear, the lack of common sense people have sometimes

Sucks man,
I'd suggest carefully blowing out all the fans with a can of compressed air and check the temperatures periodically
If that doesn't help just email the manufacturers support. While you're at it tell them they are cucks for making products you can't fix yourself without fucking up warranty

>warranty
son, sit down, let me explain computer 'warranties' to you.
there is literally no warranty ever enforced in any country ever that prevents you from working on your machine. those stickers are fucking bullshit. they either cover your shit, or they won't.

So get it fucking replaced by the warranty dumbass

source? all i can find is dead bodies and ben 10

>I already tried smashing it a bit without opening it and it did really help a bit, used to that is, doesn't help anymore.
Make sure it's a fan and not a harddrive with a chkdsk. Fans don't do anything except remove heat from the system, it can sit there and grind basically forever and your system can overheat.

You can
-Open it up, steam off the sticker if you think stickers mean anything (no sticker ever anywhere you live would void your warranty), find out which fan it is and either oil it or replace it.
-RMA your Pc.
-Keep listening to the grinding which changes nothing, doesn't hurt anything, and will eventually result in the fan stopping.
That's it. Those are your options.

So I vacuumed a bit and it was the same, until it just suddenly stopped now for some reason.
So I'm leaving the problem ( if and when it reappears ) for tomorrow's me and now I'm back to playing games.

Attached: IbE3eAq.png (809x801, 930K)

>So I'm leaving the problem ( if and when it reappears ) for tomorrow's me and now I'm back to playing games.
Good

And it came back

I was going to help you but you reek of a retarded /v/edditor, so have fun dealing with that shit yourself. Enjoy your "warranty"

I literally do not understand you
>go buy pc
>look for warranty
>they say "don't open it or no warranty anymore"

That's basically it

Did you buy a warranty?