Not sure if this belongs on /wsr/ but I figured Jow Forumsentoomen would know better

Not sure if this belongs on /wsr/ but I figured Jow Forumsentoomen would know better.

I'm looking for a noob-friendly linux distro that isn't botnet. Any recommendations?

Attached: flanders.png (170x157, 71K)

Gentoo

Mint Cinnamon/Xfce.

Manjaro

just about everyone starts on ubuntu, whether they admit it or not

fpbp

Windows 10 LTSC with WSL debian

Debian, might need to learn apt-get install but that's really easy to do.

>noob-friendly
>not botnet
Arch is both of those.

(As in, Arch is noob-friendly, and it isn't a botnet)

MacOS

Arch and Gentoo are good options for noobs. FTP'd my grandma an arch iso and she's been ricing ever since

don't fall for the botnet meme just use ubuntu

If you’re gonna install proprietary software anyway don’t worry if your distro is “botnet”

This. My 70 year old techno adverse Dad uses it because linux is the only thing that can run on that extremely old desktop of his.

your grandma rices? elaborate

thats exactly what the botnet would say

I'm also a noob and using arch right now and I love it.
I wouldn't recommend it as someone's first linux experience, but as long as you have toyed around with some out-of-the-box distro, it is a great choice.
I distro-hopped for a couple of months but I am sticking with arch.
Despite what people say about arch being for edgy kids and non-productive, I think it is more user-friendly than the popular distros and literally everything just works.

Ubuntu (any flavor) or derivate.
Don't believe to people who says Ubuntu is botnet, they are stuck in 2012 when Ubuntu was using with Unity and Amazon Launcher.

mint cinnabun xkcd confirmed

sneed