How much work do you actually get done per day as a software developer?

How much work do you actually get done per day as a software developer?

Attached: download (2).jpg (284x177, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

svenstaro.github.io/genact/
github.com/svenstaro/genact
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It depends

a few hours solid, sometimes i do better but not often.

4 hours a day

About 8 hours worth.

4 to 6

30 minutes

As little as possible while still being one of the strongest on my team.

5 hours

On a good day: 0, on a bad day: 7-8.

4 weeks

if I'm really lucky I can figure out what issues were posted on the code I uploaded for review are just people nitpicking stupid shit like minor formatting differences that don't match their personal preference before the next round of reviewers get back from lunch and post an "it's not clear what this is doing" issue on every other line because they're too fucking retarded to look at the documentation and comments

More than average workers get done in a month.
But there is also loads and loads to do.

You're a code monkey, not a software developer.

not him but what makes you think that

Around 400 LOC on bad days, around 100 on good ones.

I pretty much sit down in the morning and only get up for lunch and once to have a piss. I put my headphones on and work without distraction. I guess that's 10 hours per day solid, which is why I make a quarter more than my colleagues.

Code monkey here. If I am not submitting about 800 lines of code/day + responding to corrections on previous code immediately, I would be fired instantly. Its hell here.

Depends if you're writing something from the scratch or trying to find bugs in something written by someone else

I can genuinely lose hours a day trying to fix something I finally end up having to replace entirely.

Attached: 1291180332297.jpg (400x375, 25K)

i wrote a program that just constantly pretends to be compiling so that when i get lazy i can put that up on the screen and if anyone asks why im not doing shit its because im compiling

ahead of you

svenstaro.github.io/genact/

mine actually is in cli and uses our specific libraries and such
just in case anyone takes a closer look
nobody has yet though so i wonder why i bothered

I worked for 45 minutes today and spent the rest of the time in meetings

>mine actually is in cli
the link I posted is the web version.

of course there is also a CLI version

github.com/svenstaro/genact

Depends what sort of work I'm assigned, if it's bug fixing then it can vary drastically depending on what project and what sort of error or behaviour is observed, sometime a single issue will take me days to be able to replicate and then days to resolve, sometime I can get multiple things done in a day if I actually get a stack trace to help diagnose the problem, but if it's just "the system produced this file which is missing this specific X, Y or Z, can you find out why" then it can take fucking days to even replicate the issue let alone fix it. If it's actually development work, then it depends on the customer and how much pissing about changing the requirements they're doing.

I'm an assistant architect, so most days I only draw diagrams and merge approved code.

The days I code, I get done several days worth of work in a few hours.

Fucking monkeys.

Make 'The Sims 5' open world again please.

Attached: haxan-witchcraft-through-the-ages.gif (390x463, 417K)

The real question should be:

>How much work did they generate for other departments fixing their mistakes?

>Support desk
>Shitty application is shitty and crashes because the dev is a fuckwit
>About 20 tickets a day

>Ops
>Trying to unfuck the pile of shit that a developer thinks is a reasonable expectation for a system to run in 2019
>Oh sure, I'm sure the auditors won't mind if we have to run our software using a random extension from a romanian blog site

>Network team
>Plz Lord, make the next dev learn to filter their queries before retrieval, not after

>Security
>Pass the Macallan plz, the dev has another update out

>Me
>Just re-image the cunts device when he breaks it again, so about 30 seconds to pxe boot. Hope you backed u to Onedrive like I told you, fag.

Attached: 24282.jpg (517x600, 46K)