Why the fuck there are so few earbud models and so many in-ear...

Why the fuck there are so few earbud models and so many in-ear? Bought the in-ear shit and they hurt! Not to mention that earwax production increased in my ears. Fuck that noise. Also, who the fuck buys expensive headphones?!

Attached: Earbuds_vs_In-Ears.jpg (264x252, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

penonaudio.com/earphones/earbuds/he-150pro.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why the fuck there are so few earbud models
Because they are shit
>and so many in-ear
Take a wild guess

If time travel is invented, I'm going back in time and putting a bullet in the faggot that made IEM shit and then killing his entire family to prevent any possibility of that shit ever being made.

>and so many in-ear
Take a wild guess
People are fucking retarded and will convince themselves that expensive shit isn't objectively worse?

It's the opposite for me, back before iems exploded earbuds always made my ears hurt a fuckton. While iems I can wear all day. They sound better too.

>in-ear
>expensive
You can buy a pair for like $10 or less, and they'll last between half a year and a year before they go dead in one ear.

In-ears are better because normal earbuds are objectively uncomfortable. That's it.

i currently use the ones on the left, but i also own some on the right.

the dollar general by my houses sells them for 2 dollars. i bought like 5 of them in case one breaks

Attached: 0a2e397d42dd84b449b2db5af430e76a4c5f3c63.11.2.9.2.jpg (1200x1800, 176K)

>uncomfortable
How?
With in-ear shit I can't hear the door bell ringing

Attached: 20190213_215112.jpg (548x548, 186K)

Because earbuds are dog shit. I had so many earbud pairs in 90s and early 00s and they never ever fit my ear properly and always leaked a fuckton of noise when the main purpose was for them to be used on the go instead of at home. IEM are significantly better at doing their job. They isolate the noise from outside, don't leak and above all are comfortable and much easier to configure for your ear.

If you like earbuds you're some retarded contrarian zoomer.

Use earbuds + noise cancelling muffs

win-win

Attached: 20190212_015504.jpg (2751x1882, 2.47M)

>With in-ear shit I can't hear the door bell ringing
that's called isolation and it's a good thing (here's why)

>If you like earbuds you're some retarded contrarian zoomer.

i buy them because they are cheap. no matter how much you pay they'll eventually break. my aunt gave me 50 dollar ones and they got worn out within 3 months
you might as well buy 2 dollar ones. that's what i do

>mfw went to a PC recycler and they had a whole basket of brand new 50c earbuds from corporate smartphones that nobody used
>i shopped there often so they let me have them for 25c each
>grabbed half the basked and now have enough to last me the rest of my life

Attached: 1534874558590.jpg (1024x576, 48K)

I can't stand them either but mostly because they cancel out too much outside noise and I prefer hearing those, too. It feels safer in the streets, much nicer in nature and makes conversations while hearing music possible.

>last between 6 months to one year
In ears barely last 3-4 months before going dead. Earbuds not only feel comfortable but they last longer. Honestly how do you faggots love hooks in your ears?

cute

Earbuds are objectively better and have better quality than in-ears which require you to jam them in your fucking ear holes causing long term damage.

Also sony makes the best earbuds at least the ones we have in Canada are prime quality for about $13 cad. I hate in-ears and only non-whites prefer them because of their weird ear shapes.

Attached: 75D1DACF-1C77-4C3D-A91D-F70596DCFA8D.jpg (4032x3024, 1.78M)

They are good but Philips are cheaper and as good. Also fuck Sony.

If your ears hurt, you are using the wrong tip size. Get foam tips and squeeze them before inserting. The foam will take the the shape of your ear canal.

Attached: Hearing_Components_17_40200_11_Comply_T_400_Memory_Foam_663743.jpg (2000x2000, 263K)

My headphones came with one tip size. How do I take them off without destroying that shit? Also these fucking chinese headphones tried to steal data from my PC...

i will stick to earbuds thanks i rather have a healthy hearing letting earwax go through

>VE Monk Plus
>Edifier H180 (or H190)
>Senfer PT15
all of these are on aliexpress under $20 and sound great

Bought these a year ago and they still work flawlessly.

Attached: item_XL_9577192_10919855.jpg (564x600, 26K)

You can pull them off. USB connector?

No but after pligging them into thinkpad audio jack it started to sound like data transfer. My phone does not produce sound on its own.

kek, no, old shitty laptops do that

Just use a headset and you won't hurt your ear or get wax on it

That's most likely EMI. Happens on desktops with shitty front panel jacks.

Thinkpad t430.
My Philips headphones never did that.

>poor shielding
>the chinks are stealing my data what shall I do r/technology?
Prime example of pulling wool over your eyes and acting like a retard just to fit the situation in with the sensibilities of your worldview.

Last time I acted smart on Jow Forums I got banned.

>Last longer?

How? That part of the design does not affect longevity

In ear is superior in both sound quality, sound isolation, and comfort. Sorry to all the folks with "special" ears who need to hear when mommy fixed their tendies.

Everyone sell your headphones, they're shit now. OP knows more than us

in ear ones are the only ones that stay where they're supposed to be and isolate outside sounds

in-ear is the best way to get tinnitus

it's also unhygienic and uncomfortable

fuck.that.shit

You got tinnitus from picking out earwax before you knew it was bad
"no"
not an argument
try again

>Honestly how do you faggots love hooks in your ears?

Same way as I like hooks in my ass. I'm a masochist.

godd fuck

no

Gonna agree with OP, had the Shure SE530 IEMs and they were a nightmare in every way and I'm pretty sure I permanently damaged something in one ear by fumbling with their terrible pads that always got coated in disgusting earwax. Now I have $2 iPod knockoff earbuds from the thrift store and with a good DAC they sound fine.

The one thing I agree with is that foam pads fucking suck.
Basic silicone tips are the best, often I forget I even have mine in.

There is a lot of earbuds on AliExpress.
Check the headfi thread earbuds round up, although that thread had became quite cancerous for the last few months.

penonaudio.com/earphones/earbuds/he-150pro.html

Earbuds can have sub bass now. Just try it. Also huge soundstage that only $1000+ iem can reproduce.

>bought a thinkpad
>thinks its top quality, despite having noisy audio
Another braindead follower.

People don't enjoy having to hold their head perfectly still to avoid their earbuds falling off.

compared to earbuds yes.
not compared to on-ear for sound quality and comfort though. (still yes for isolation)

>it started to sound like data transfer
lmao the big brains of Jow Forums everyone

Seconding this. Visit the iem general for more info on which foam tips are the ones to buy.