How the fuck is this shit even supposed to work?

How the fuck is this shit even supposed to work?

Attached: 1542144380199.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

WITCHCRAFT

Attached: switch.jpg (3000x919, 318K)

Wow that's constructed like shit. As to how it works, it's just a switch (maybe a hub, but seriously who the fuck makes hubs anymore).

depends what you want to do with it. rj45 can be all kinds of shit, not only ethernet

How is it powered?

poe

Tag your frames

I don't think so. I'd expect status leds per port if that was the case.
pretty sure there's no active components and it's just wired in parallel.
as
says it's probably not for ethernet use.

You mean... SWITCHCRAFT

It's a russian hub, only one of the ports is actually connected, it's random

If you plug your computer into the good port, your entire browsing history is made public

It's probably a collision domain

is this a microwave-time tier question?

I expected a power input on the back. If there isn't one, it might just be a passive device having the wires going to each port bonded together with diodes. This should technically work with well behaved network devices, but collisions will absolutely kill performance if more than one device is plugged in. The devices will instantly fall back into 10 half duplex and packet resends will happen constantly. If one device doesn't play nice, the domain will be kill.

After I posted I went and searched for "passive ethernet hub" and got this. Like I said, the author claims he managed to get it working with all the devices set in 10 half. He had to set the devices to use that mode, but the post was made in circa 2000 so maybe modern devices will do so automatically.

Attached: pethhub.gif (678x643, 17K)

Attached: 1528923124242.jpg (800x800, 77K)

lmao

Like a hub.
>collision
>collision
>collision

>what is a hub
Though I don't see the point when basic non-poe gigabit switches are dirt cheap.

no, because it is ambiguous as to how it gets power

>too young to remember passive ethernet hubs
It's literally just a tee connector that wires all the ports together. Every machine sees what every other machine sends. There's no routing. Machines just check that nobody else is sending before sending a packet, and then send it again when someone else speaks over them.

It probably isn't. It's passive.

Carrier Sense
Multiple Access
Collision Detect.
Ethernet.

>CSMA/CD
Jesus fuck that's something I haven't heard in well over a decade.

>american education

Yeah. It works. It just generates plenty of collisions and performs way worse than proper point to point links. With routers and switches.

I think it will only work if you plug it on a switch

Attached: F3644322-01.jpg (444x233, 13K)

You can create an etherchannel on those three ports to increase your troughput and download all the lolis from the internet !