Ubuntu 18.04.2 delayed due to lack of beta testers and RC testers

>Ubuntu 18.04.2 delayed due to lack of beta testers and RC testers
>No major improvements
>They can't even release kernel updates that unlock wi-fi 802.11n speed without destroying the system
>GNOME is slower even on the latest Ubuntu 18.10 update
>sudo apt-get upgrade does not apply base system updates

Why don't they become small independent distro like Puppy linux? why suffer like this?

Attached: pay my rent.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/800rc.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who gives a shit, I already use 19.04

I head from my normie friends who tried to install ubuntu that ubuntu is trash now, more bloated that windows 10, taking gigabytes of memory just idling and crashing a lot and being slow
is it true?
>t debian + xfce user

debian is even worse

take a redpill and install Arch + i3

xubuntu was always the best one

They installed the regular Ubuntu with Gnome
Are the rumors of Ubuntu Gnome being complete trash true?
I haven't used Ubuntu seriously since the early Gnome 2 days (switched to Debian after the fourth Ubuntu release and never looked back, Xfce after the Gnome 3 release)
I used Ubuntu LTS Unity for an hour or so a year ago and it was trash

Is The_Quid /ourguy/?

>debian worse than ubuntu for performance and/or stability
lol no. I've used both in tenths of installs on 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as on Gnome, LXDE, XFCE, KDE, and Unity.

KDE Neon

| sed "s/tenths/tens/g"

>I used Ubuntu LTS Unity for an hour or so a year ago and it was trash
that's your answer, if you think that the LTS is trash and bloated, imagine the standard normie crap.
Ubuntu is fucking bad.

ubuntu 18.10 netinstall + i3 and your problems will be gone

Use Fedora instead. Up-to-date GNOME and it just werks.

Attached: Fedora-logo.svg.png (2000x2000, 112K)

>Puppy linux
Why must that shit have to run from a USB?

>hurr just Ubuntu with kde
that's why I moved away from Ubuntu. Other than being popular their project infrastructure is shit. Debian is the one getting donations from Red Hat and companies, and Red Hat and Fedora are the community who actually develop a lot of Linux/Open source projects.
Like Ubuntu was just lucky to have a place because it aimed at user friendliness, but it never had a solid ground. CentOS/Fedora/RHEL or Debian for servers, Debian or fedora also for desktops. And they actually have some money to maintain themselves.
I hope Ubuntu finally dies, fuck the "pls give us donation user, pls use ads btw, oh also buy support from canonical for your server we're cheaper than red hat ;))". Is just, not right. Even if it "just works", which most people agree it doesn't

Damn, I had no idea Ubuntu was this bad
What distro do we suggest to noobs then when they are impressed my our installations?
I don't think I can say to a noob install Debian netinst, then install Xfce, then make these tweaks etc
I was suggesting to them to install Ubuntu and see how it goes
Maybe it was a mistake?

Ubuntu isn't bad at all actually, having all the distros mentioned. Try fedora, Ubuntu, or antergos. Hard to go wrong

I think a Debian non free iso is the best.
Come on if they are using linux, they at least should read a bit on how to install it and what is needed for a functional system. The pages should be clearer for non noobs.
If it's a friend I can tutor a bit because I know he's smart I recommend Fedora.
In Debian installing something like VLC/mpv as a video player automatically give you codecs that let you play all kinds of videos and music. No need for third party repos. But Fedora is splitted into one with those repositories. Even though fedora looks better out of the box it needs that (ffmpeg) for some videos like the ones on Facebook or other webpages, so it doesn't completely works out of the box as Ubuntu with the "third party codecs" checkbox marked.
But a non-free iso of Debian completely works out of the box, like Ubuntu with that checkbox. The page is a bit of a puzzle and old that's one major drawback.
There's Xfce isos of Debian, live and non live.
And fedora is also pretty good but I don't know how it is without adding ffmpeg, I don't hear people mentioning ffmpeg much even though I need it for playing anime I download in mpv, probably I don't need it with vlc and I'm retarded. The default video player of fedora sucks ass, I don't remember it ever working with my anime

MATLAB doesn't work properly on Ubuntu, you have to go into its library files and unlink c++std.so because the one Ubuntu uses is some custom fucky bullshit and it causes the kernel to bootfuck MATLAB out of existence.
The distro is a non-standard non-compliant pile of GNOME-poettershit, anybody who uses it deserves to be kicked in the head.

Mint, Elementary, or Manjaro.
Debian packages are heinously out of date and trying to force "out of tree" (read: newer than 5 years ago) packages causes apt to completely fucking shit the bed. This is basically the reason Ubuntu exists, it's "debian with newer packages" until Canonical decided to start doing weird shit with the kernel and making everything out of branch and crazy.

If they actually want to git gud with linux then arch followed by gentoo.

Yes, somewhat.

I went Linux Mint Cinnamon (Ubuntu rebrand basically) -> crashy crashy -> Over 9000 hours in Synaptic + XFCE4 = grrreat.

missed quads by one there friend nobody will believe you now

ubuntu has been shit for a while desu. i use debian testing with kde now, not sure if antergos/arch is worth it

Attached: body types.png (1921x904, 475K)

use debian testing you brainlet. it gets package updates literally everyday and is more stable than all these other meme distros

LMAO. We are talking about Ubuntu being so shit compared to the real things because they are just pajeets that work minimal wage and put ads on their shit.
Now Mint, Elementary and Manjaro are all derivatives of another distro. Are you mentally challenged?

If he's on laptop there's some stupid behavior where the cpu clock frequency is decreased when coming out of hibernation and you have to tell it to get back to nominal levels or restart the machine.

>Debian broken
fucking retard lmao

It doesn't seem too bad to me, I'm using 18.04 and XFCE4. I haven't been using Linux for very long tho, literally started using it about a year ago and distro hopped all over then went back to Windows.

>Why don't they become small independent distro like Puppy linux? why suffer like this?
Canonical is a business not a community, they make money by bundling Amazon shit and selling their user's data.

ITT:
A bunch of fags with no benchmarks claiming ubuntu is slow and providing no proof.
Stay fresh Jow Forums

>Are the rumors of Ubuntu Gnome being complete trash true?
Yes

distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/800rc.html

I have no idea how to install compton there though

>Mint, Elementary, or Manjaro.
3 meme distro
Slackware > TrueOS > MX > all

>>sudo apt-get upgrade does not apply base system updates
I don't know about the rest of them but this is the basic functionality of APT. It won't apply system updates unless you want it to, in which case you use dist-upgrade.