The fuck? Are journalists just stupid or am I underestimating the tech literacy of an average person...

dailydot.com/layer8/edward-snowden-gpg-for-journalists-video-nsa-glenn-greenwald/

The fuck? Are journalists just stupid or am I underestimating the tech literacy of an average person? Snowden literally baby-steps him through the process and he can't just follow some simple steps?

"Greenwald has said he couldn’t even finish the video sent to him when the two first began communicating with each other. It took Greenwald several more months and help from experts before he could learn relatively basic tools like PGP encryption. (In the video, Snowden can be seen using GPG4Win and Tor, two well-known privacy tools.)

It’s not difficult to see why Greenwald didn’t finish the video. The manipulated voice is hard to follow, the diagrams difficult to understand, and the message long and rambling. It’s not Snowden’s fault, however; email encryption just a genuinely tough concept to explain in full to a layman."

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.rollingstone.com%2Fassets%2F2013%2Farticle%2Fsnowden-and-greenwald-the-men-wh (1035x766, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkRbAFxOu6o
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2014/05/14/edward-snowden-sent-glenn-greenwald-this-video-guide-about-encryption-for-journalists-greenwald-ignored-it/?utm_term=.df9bf8253526
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's just a brainlet like most people, user.

video doesn't work on dailydot, but I think it's this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=LkRbAFxOu6o

yeah but its not like he's fully explaining how public/private key encryption actually works, he's just telling him a step by step process of how to use it. a monkey could do it

yeah its that one. the video on the daily dot works for me though? its hosted on vimeo

he's a literal faggot who gobbles HUEHUEHUE cocks on the reg.

>daily dot
>bot article summary
Fuck off shill, go back to whatever board you came from

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2014/05/14/edward-snowden-sent-glenn-greenwald-this-video-guide-about-encryption-for-journalists-greenwald-ignored-it/?utm_term=.df9bf8253526

okay here's one from the washington post you retard

>referral link
Bitch please at least attempt to earn your shill paycheck.

Journos are dumb, yes. But your overestimating the average person. Most people (you included) grew up with standard botnet services, so anything deviating from that standard is bound to be confusing/tedious.

Journalists are extremely low IQ. Thats why they're journalists.

He's 51. Most zoomers are shit with tech, so is it really any surprise that this dinosaur can't figure out simple computer shit?

How good are you at rocket science? Or dentistry? Or brain surgery? Or calligraphy? Or art? Or appraisal? Or car mechanics? Or piloting?

At any given profession, the world is 90-99% illiterate in that profession. This applies to every domain.

Humans are limited in capacity. We have some limited general knowledge from primary school and then we specialize in our fields. No one has time to master all the specific fields of knowledge. Even geniuses only specialize in 3-5 different things. For 99% of the world, we're limited to 1 specialization at best and mediocre for most people.

Not exactly comparable to following a step-by-step guide..

A journalists job is just to repeat what other people have said or done. It requires no thinking at all. Journalists are retards.

Journalists are a bunch of retards. That's everyone hates them, along with the fact they're usually bullies.

Yes, GG is legitimately not a very smart person.

>Not exactly comparable to following a step-by-step guide..
I have confirmed working step by step guides for making LSD and bunch of other stuff but the barrier of actually making it is rather high still

>oh boohoo someone hurt my feefees

This. Anons waving their dick when that guy is probably far more knowledgeable in something that they aren't.

The difference is that someone who contacts Snowden HAS to have some minimal knowledge of encryption
It's not comparable to some random user not knowing Mongolian basket weaving or something