Why aren't you using Visual Studio Code?

Why aren't you using Visual Studio Code?

Attached: vsc.jpg (1186x606, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Microsoft/vscode
github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/16131
flathub.org/apps/details/com.visualstudio.code.oss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Let's see your setup then, fag.

$150/yr kek
squeezing developers is hopefully the final nail in that shit companies coffin

>$150/yr
its free on my machine

because

Attached: deepfried_emacs_meme.png (455x148, 69K)

Honestly I'm learning Java and it's nice to use this. The only thing I dislike is the automatic brackets.

oh fug
thought you meant win10's studio bullshit

dont need a 10gb install to edit python files

that is cancer

notepad++ is enough

vim is also cancer

pic related, i used notepad ++ only

Attached: output-exp2-20190213-163420.png (1000x1000, 164K)

he said VISUAL STUDIO CODE

not VISUAL STUDIO

brainlets

I'm not a pajeet therefore I use vscodium

just tried it and it's still cancer

simplicity is key especially when you get older

if u use this ur prolly like 21

this is just another tumor in the sublime/atom cancer family

but its more readable than notepad++ but a longsshot

I am. It works pretty okay for what I'm learning but it could be a bit more cleaner and less cluttered.
lels

it's written in javascript.

I just switched from Sublime Text to Spacemacs. Pretty comfy. I used vim daily in the past, for a span of 5 years, and Spacemacs really does seem like the best of both worlds.

this is what were comparing

and that dtype=int should not be bolded, already a bug

vsc is written by run of the mill $20/hour big company programmers, notepad++ is written by someone who is actually 1337

big company programs are usually run of the mill trash, eg. systemd

Attached: Capture2.png (2560x1440, 591K)

Why is Microsoft VSCode suddenly being shilled so hard here on Jow Forums ?

Vs Code with vim plug is the epitome of comfiness.
Though i'm not into web dev stuff and don't write large, complex code on it, so i don't about it if you're working on medium-large projects.

(I only currently using for writing toy programs for learning Java).

Attached: vscode-scarlet.png (1300x900, 188K)

>javascript
>electron
>telemetry
>microsoft
>LSP
I think I'll pass...

wow

because it just works

pyscripter is better

Attached: pys.png (800x549, 312K)

Anyone here like notepad++. Just me?

>vscodium
>telemetry

based

I had to do that when I took scientific computing in uni (math patrician). windows is not based though, but notepad++ is good

Because if you aren't willing to use vim or emacs, and you aren't in a job/ecosystem that benefits from an IDE, it is a legitimately decent option. The other editors that check the boxes of cross platform and GUI-based, it mostly is competing with Sublime Text and Atom. In that context, VS Code has easily surpassed Atom in responsiveness and its plugin ecosystem, and is approaching Sublime. It will probably surpass Sublime if only because it is built by a company that makes money elsewhere, and thus can be free. It is easier to build momentum and community on free than on costing money.

While I do not use VS Code myself, many MS products in general, but I admire that they showed the Atom team that using Electron is not an excuse for garbage performance and input latency. Microsoft's experience making desktop software for decades actually shines through when you compare VS Code to Atom. I can't say for Sublime Text, though, because I know its development has slowed (arguably stabilized?) over the years.

For me it's emacs

Atom is better

vsc takes 5 seconds to start
np++ starts instantly

GG

Notepad++ runs native C++ code, VSCode don't.

Its non-free.

Attached: IMG_20190214_004328.jpg (749x720, 68K)

let these brainlets use the inferior product, i dont really care

im past the stage where i tried to change the world

im old man mentality now

Attached: output-exp2-20190214-004438.png (4000x4000, 272K)

Notepad++ is deprecated garbage
It's good for config files and that's it

wrong.
github.com/Microsoft/vscode

Re-enables telemetry even if you disable it.

Spacemacs is better

Attached: notfreesoftware.png (617x246, 17K)

Guys how do I write C code in Visual Studio? I have the C++ packages but it gives me errors when I compile the Hello World code for C. Anyone?

Attached: 9C3D935D92EC470B8C7F26034A050B62.jpg (539x412, 44K)

It keeps telling me 'missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

>Guys how do I write C code in Visual Studio?
Install Emacs.

Are you on windows? Don't bother writing C on windows, just use C++.

Okay ill try it
Well I have to learn C first to learn the barebones first and metal of programming that's why Im learning it first, that's what you have to do right? Since C++ is an addition to original C code? So better to understand arrays and pointers from C first right?

You are using GNU, right?

I am trying to learn C++ but they're telling me to learn C first what do you think?
No im using Windows

>No im using Windows
Then stop that. Are you retarded?

>Well I have to learn C first to learn the barebones first and metal of programming that's why Im learning it first, that's what you have to do right? Since C++ is an addition to original C code? So better to understand arrays and pointers from C first right?

First, programming C on Windows is bad because Microsoft doesn't encourage C development. You are also going to be missing a bunch of the common gnu tools which are often used for C development. If you want to learn C install linux on a vm or dual boot and learn it on that.

Second, modern C++ is not written like C. There is very little reason to use arrays when you have Vectors, etc. If you want to learn C++, then find a modern C++ book at start there.

>First, programming C on Windows is bad because Microsoft doesn't encourage C development.
C is easiest language to run on Windows, every other language including C# are a fucking mess on Windows.

win7 here, free on mine too, not even nagging, ever visited the site?

Can anyone explain why people need an integrated GUI file manager in their editor when you can simply integrate the terminal into your workflow for better effect?

They never learned how to use a terminal.

>install linux on a vm
Android?

>eats all your ram
nothing personal, kid

If you can install gcc or clang on it, then why not I guess

My workplace doesn't allow me to use VS Code, but allows VS Codium

When you say Linux I assume you mean Android, since it is the most popular OS that uses Linux.

Well yes I've heard Linux is better and I've used Ubuntu before and really liked it and learning the commands but I'm too comfy in Windows to leave it. And also I have DAW software and Vst plugins that won't work on Linux sadly. I'll probably dual boot or VM though.
Yes I see that now. And well I will VM it then for now until I get another hard drive to dual boot. Dammit some user on Jow Forums said to start C first the Dennis M Richie book and then go to C++ when I have better grasp of underlying materials. Should I go back to reading the C++ programming language by Bjarne S? It was bit hard to understand but I had sort of the jist of it. And which OS should I get from Linux??

Linux is just a kernel. The OS is called GNU.

Because I need either good IDE or simple script editor. VSC is neither.

GNU/Emacs
Only if you compile it yourself, the binary is under this fun license.

Attached: Screenshot_20190214_185206.png (1155x382, 58K)

If you want to get pedantic, the linux kernel in your average android phone is about half linux and about half of what samsung or huawei added themselves

>binary packages instead of building yourself
>still having to trust ' build system from not injecting artifacts from their servers
>telemetry is "disabled" via flag, aka not disabled at all, only assumed to be

Has it improved? Last time I checked they hadn't finished implementing C99, and this was in 2012. They basically did the bare minimum which was needed for their C++ compiler and left it at that.

Just get Pelles C for windows, probably best IDE for starters.
But also, why do you want to start with C? Just to get the basics? Then that's not how it works. if you want to use C for hobbies like Arduous and such then learn C. If you want to create desktop applications? Then choose C++

>the linux kernel
As opposed to what? The detergent? Just say Linux.
>the linux kernel in your average android phone is about half linux and about half of what samsung or huawei added themselves
Adding kernel modules doesn't fundamentally change the kernel, you fucking idiot.

Start with something easy like Antergos and check the Arch wiki every time you get stuck.

Has what improved? Has who implemented C99???

>There is very little reason to use arrays when you have Vectors
Vectors are slow and nobody catches exceptions so will crash on OOM/allocation failure.

>Adding kernel modules doesn't fundamentally change the kernel, you fucking idiot.
How about completely rewriting the scheduler?

>How about completely rewriting the scheduler?
Linux used in Android has a somewhat modified scheduler, not rewritten.

Vectors aren't slow, they are flat arrays with a bit of additional book keeping so you don't have to. Not catching an exception is the developers fault, and preferable to everything else that can go wrong with a C array.

>Vectors aren't slow you have have to check if they are working properly all the time
You aren't gay, you just suck dick on daily bases.

I'm not talking about stock android, I'm talking about what is actually shipped in all the chink phones tard. All of the OEMs have their customized kernels which aren't compatible with mainline.

If you're not using Vectors, then what the fuck is the point of using C++? What do you even gain if you aren't willing to use the most basic primitives of the language.

>All of the OEMs have their customized kernels which aren't compatible with mainline.
They're all still Linux.

Yes I know but I meant best OS.
Okay then I'll check it out and well wanted to start with C cause a user on here said that C is better to start with since it shows the barebones of the framework of the language and I can have a better grasp of it before I move on to C++. Should I go back to reading the C++ Bjarne S. book? Yes I want to make desktop apps.
Okay then I'll use Antergos, Is Hyper V a good VM to use for this?

>Yes I know but I meant best OS.
GNU is the best OS.

>I can't check for myself to see if telemetry is enabled
forgot this is nu-Jow Forums and I assumed you can do this. sorry.

Its free you complete mong. Its actually pretty good and a shit tonne faster than atom.

Also who the fuck pays for actual visual studio?

As someone who uses vscode go and install emacs.

Brainlets.

I generally run ANY ide with a terminal window at all times.

shut the fuck up you fucking absolute nigger

t. winjeet gamer faggot

I don't use VS Code, why would I check? Did you check and confirm there's no outgoing connections, etc? Why trust the codebase when they obfuscate telemtry like so and lock the issue: github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/16131

You can't undock Windows, it's kind of garbage.

Which distribution though???

GuixSD is the best, but they're all basically the same.

Using neovim and sometimes vscode for debugging. 22 btw

>unironically using editor written in html/css/javascript
webshits are truly the lowest of the low on programming pyramid

Fuck you

What theme is that?

I'm quite interested by its look.

>neovim
Just use vim.

You should give spacemacs a shot sometime

praise guix and nix

convince me

Nah, it's up to you.