>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: 1366049107494.jpg (1632x1224, 343K)

amd

Which sub-200eur mainboard for my 8700k?

Do you guys suggest overlocking for someone who is building his PC for the first time?

May as well mate, just don't mess with voltages and you won't destroy anything

Just got a new PC with a 1080ti so now I need a monitor, what are some of the most common refresh rates between 60hz and 144hz? I want a monitor in 1440p to take advantage of the 1080ti but anything thats 144hz starts at like $300. I don't want something thats only 60hz, seems like a waste at that point to have the 1080ti.

>uses the mods fucking up their backup as a opportunity to vandalize the op for the 18th time
kys faggot

>2060 is standard for 1440p

75 and 120 though neither are really common right now. 75 tends to be cheapshit 60hz with a factory overclock.

Thanks. Whats the cheapest non-garbage 1440p 120 or 144hz monitor?

ASUS MG279Q

Is be quiet a meme? Just bought a Dark Base 700 for $160 USD and an extra 140mm fan

>$500
Yeah ok retard

>wants a pricey screen
>wants a good screen
>Doesn't accept that somewhere a compromise is going to happen
MG279Q can be bought for a good price used. If you want the best of both world you have to sit your ass down, drink a pepsi and go on ebay & craiglist for a couple of months till you find that sweet deal that hits both boxes but your instant gratification craving ass is probably to impatient for that so just buy a shitty as screen or get that money out.

Attached: 1542182243411.jpg (1281x2000, 613K)

How reliable are ssd's nowadays?
I have one 125MB ssd for OS and 2 x 1TB mechanical drives for data and apps.
After 4 years and 20K hours they start to make some noise, even tough monitoring is fine.

Is it a good idea to replace those with a 2TB ssd?

I have a mini ITX PC that is gathering dust and I kinda want to get rid of it. Issue is, it's a skylake build with one of the worst processors available and no GPU. I can't really get rid of the parts individually either because I got this thing whole without manuals or boxes.

Should I:

1. Leave it as is and try to lower the price on the build
2. Install hackintosh on it and sell it as a hackintosh machine (it really is quite decent at that I must say)
3. Install an old low profile AMD GPU I have laying around and include a few cables so it can be directly connected to a CRT monitor or TV and make it an emulation machine

I really kinda want to get some money for it.

ssd's don't hold data long term, don't use one as an archive
I'd get one and do what you're saying, but also get another hdd and backup everything you want to save and just stick that drive away.

NOOO

Attached: 1497883390389.jpg (267x297, 18K)

getting a cheap 760ti

yeet

Attached: leekspingif.gif (352x240, 26K)

Seriously. All these children coming here asking for good tech and then they chimp out when it doesn't cost $120
sod the fuck off really, pony up for an IPS 144hz panel or neck yourself, get a TNshit panel and enjoy it. Imbeciles

Okay im thinking bout getting this setup. Does anybody have any recommendations or criticism.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Crucial MX500 CT1000MX500SSD1 1TB
Corsair CP-9020133-EU
Sharkoon Door Window mATX
Arctic Freezer 13 TR CPU Cooler
Should i get anything else for base function or is that sufficient to start it all up and get gaming?
I intend to play modern fps and stuff like far cry, escape from tokarov, etc...

TN is better tho

Attached: 1549473770542.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

Oh and anything i should watch while getting a monitor or is hooking it up to a 2-3 year old tv screen acceptable?

I would be rendering 24/7 with this setup. Holy fuck. You could get like 30 fps real time rendering with this.

What is this picture

absolute state of retards
than just use TN and stfu dumb nigger

GTX 1060 < RX580
580 cheaper,faster,more ram,more stable fps

Gskill ram is better

>more stable fps

Can memory timing settings on wattman cause texture corruption or can it be attributed to higher memory clocks?

Yesterday I was playing for about 2 hours and some floor texture got replaced by a stretched fucked up looking texture, but I'm wondering if this is because I decided to overclock this thing.

Why are /v/toddlers such Intel fanboys?

Attached: wintards.png (1260x267, 39K)

>want to get into pc gaming
>see no point in playing at anything other than at least 1440p/120fps with high/ultra settings
>fucking graphics cards for said settings are $700-1500

Do any of you think, with good reason, that GPUs will come down in price by the end of the year? Next year? Or is this the new standard cost for the future?

I'm only asking because in 8-16 months from now I'll be in a stable living condition that can support spending money on a gaming pc.

Both, the issue is your memory overclock is unstable.

?
niggering much?

Aight. I'll set memory timing to automatic and if that doesn't work, back to stock settings.

considering rumors and all, in 8-16 months you'll have more options already so chill your tits

because intel makes better cpus for games?

Depends.
Reason prices are high is because nvidia is trying to force its RTX fuck huge dies on us which we didnt ask for, and AMD can't compete even with the massive handicap that gives nvidia in costs.
AMD can't even compete with 7nm because pic related so unless AMD pulls its thumb out of its ass and gets a competitive architecture (I wouldnt hold my breath since Navi is still GCN aka, shit) or Nvidia gives up RTX (i wouldnt hold my breath, they kept riding physX well after it was apparent it was garbage no one was using) prices are going to just about settle in where they are now for a good while.

Attached: 1f1aad2d3c3b2s,d4a7d2bd,bm;kd.png (1522x869, 813K)

I'll be fine. I'm just worried that I'll end up with a fucking PS5 because high end pc gaming will be more expensive than getting into guns.

>ree must turn up setting to ultra even tho it has little to no difference to medium/high ree

No man, I've used both.

Which air cooler is better: MSI Core Frozr XL or Deepcool Assassin 2?

Wait so zen2 is gonna be expensive af?

almost 20 years of near monopoly on cpu market has nothing to do with it surely

Attached: 1501699928971.gif (298x156, 303K)

How realistic of a change in prices do you think will happen once Intel enter next year with their gpus?

The best of Zen2 will be 100 bones less than a 9900k for 8x the performance.

sure bud

>WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN MASON?

Attached: 28142253980s.jpg (800x533, 279K)

>2700x already matches it in some use cases
Seethe some fucking more?

When did I say I would only accept ultra settings you fucking faggot?

-Ryzen 7 2700X
-Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
-G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16
-ZOTAC RTX 2060
-Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W Full Modular
-Western Digital Blue 4TB
-SSD M.2 2280 Samsung 970 Evo 500GB MLC V-NAND NVMe
-NZXT H500i

R8, anything I should change?
Mostly for 2D/video productivity (double 4k monitor + cintiq), very little gaming and if I do play it'll be on 1080p, don't worry about that.

Attached: 1543583510372.png (845x1200, 261K)

How's the airflow on the Evolv X? Lebbit says the airflow is dogshit. I love the look of it and the sexy cable management, plus the shroud has a cutout on the side to show off your PSU label.

>muh multicore
no one cares retard

Maybe, maybe not because there's a lot of other factors involved with zen2 than AMD can't use with GPUs

Factors that wont make zen 2 more expensive:
>7nm is twice as expensive but also twice the density so unless you increase transistor count it cancels out
>The IMC has been removed so that's less transistors needed on 7nm
>Zen2 is using the same chips across all of its products so it takes advantage of economies of scale
>The chiplets are really small so it will naturally get better yields from wafer dynamics
>The rumored core config of ryzen 7 on Zen 2 will be a 2x6core chiplets so it will actually be using reject dies that had up to 2 faulty cores each

Factors that could make Zen2 more expensive:
>More cores at different points in the product stack means more transistors
>Bigger L3 cache means more 7nm transistors
>GloFo fabbed memory controller means more logistics and assembly overhead

There's probably more i dont even realise but yeah, I think the Zen 2 ryzens will launch a little more expensive than people think, especially for the flagship ryzen 7 but we wont know until it's out.

Go buy your quarterly 600 ruble cpu refresh you fucking cuck

>

Attached: 1470152167113.png (328x408, 48K)

RX 580/GTX 1060 IS NOT ENOUGH for full hd anymore. In AMD case even with tesselation and gimpworks turned off.

Attached: 1080.png (500x730, 49K)

>6GB IS NOT ENOUGH GUYS
>2060 IS ALREADY OBSOLETE
when will amdtoddlers learn?

>evaluating computing hardware by how well video games work on it
Just buy your son a console and get a Talos II yourself. He will grow out of it soon anyway.

Attached: 1421164417027.png (714x738, 324K)

i only play footy manager lol

Whenever Fiji came out they changed their tune for a bit.
I think it was a confusing time for them and they've just forgotten about it to cope.

my cpu fan (Hyper T4) constantly sounds like its at full speed, or at least very noisy. How do I remedy that?

>techpowerup

all other reviews have vastly different numbers hmmm ..

they are well known Nvidia shills. probably got reference amd cards on launch drivers, check any other benchmarks

lol, sure

Attached: 8901_23_metro-exodus-benchmarked-new-gpu-destroyer.png (802x1264, 61K)

Please compare the following 4 images and tell me which one is worst and which one is best.

Attached: 1.jpg (3996x2112, 3.16M)

Attached: 2.jpg (3996x2112, 3.21M)

Guys you need atleast 8 cores to not stutter lol

Attached: 13042641950l.jpg (752x752, 195K)

Attached: 3.jpg (3996x2112, 3.2M)

Attached: 4.jpg (3996x2112, 2.99M)

I'm thinking of getting a new motherboard. Should I:

a) get a new one that supports my 16gb ddr3 ram that I already have or

b) just get one that supports ddr4 and then get new rams?

Mainly I'm wondering if the upgrade to ddr4 would doing anything significant? or which one is more cost-efficient for this very slow upgrade I'm doing.

That's sad. You'd think as things moved forward moar cores would be justifiable, but AMD is on a quick decline and they seem to only be able to get ahead when Intel drops the ball hard.

Is buying an i7 7700 a bad idea in the current year? Mostly for gaming, that is.

Did the 1700X get faster at 4c/4t?

It's down to speed, but you can survive on the highest DDR3 speed available these days if you're on an intel build.

wtf AMD has been sabotaged yet again

The front panel pins? Check the manual, not the quickstart guide, the actual manual.

thats not sad, thats reality, what do you think CPUs are made for? Moar coars?

depends on the game and how many anti priacry measures like denuvo or background processes you have.
7700k will perform better than anything amd has right up until the point where you need more cores.
Ideally youd get 8700k and be set for yeaaars.

Attached: but l-latency on CPUs doesn't matter.jpg (1519x907, 153K)

please buy radeon 7, it's the only future proof, due to it's 16GB of VRAM
also buy thread ripper, it's the only future proof CPU due to its moar cores technology

Well it's because I already got RAM and a motherboard that's good for skylake / kaby lake. Something newer would be neat but if I could save money it'd be better honestly, these parts aren't new but haven't been abused either so it's a shame to throw them away.

I don't know if in the future I'd need more cores, but for instance I'm into emulation and that seems to be less about having many cores and more about single core performance

the whole review mainstream market is shilled and missing the point about buying Radeon VII so it's up to the consumer to make the correct decision

No to mention botnetted like lake procs and the whole arch to address smeltdown

4 cores is minimum, 6 cores is optimum right now. As I said you wont lose any performance up to the point where you will need more cores. That depends a lot on what you do. So you can use it and get away with it, or you can run into issues depending on what you plan to be doing.

The numbers below the 'STRIX' lettering
they look like coordinates, look closely.

RTX: on

Jesus dude, is RTX on here? These numbers are TRASH

page from the punisher comic

i like 3

3rd gen ryzen right around the corner m8

Attached: original_result (2).png (512x512, 461K)

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but I've been having problems with my 970 gpu that lately seems to be causing crashing issues. Is there a way to make a pc not instantly reboot when the gpu has an issue or is there a better place to ask this that isn't the hundreds of random forums I've spent the last two months combing through hoping for an answer? Thanks in advance

Not enough ram

>Building first gaming PC to play in 1080p/>60fps
>Prices are in American dollars
>Goal is to keep the build (with monitor, mouse, and keyboard) under $1100
-Any recommendations to reduce costs and/or improving gaming performance while remaining under budget?
-Any recommendations for mouse/keyboard?

Attached: prospective build.png (750x580, 51K)

And that makes the 2700x shit all of a sudden? There will forever be something new "right around the corner", and I want a new PC now.

4 has the best black colors in the border below that color wheel

Ignore niggers, get it. When you get a system you should use it for 3-4 years at least, lol at this 'just wait' meme, I don't get it one bit.
Get the regular H500 instead of the i version. Or get the H700, it's the best. Everything else is solid.

Could this really be it? I have 16gb Viper Patriot ram sticks if that helps. But they're new and seemingly cause no other issues. I've always had a problem with the 970 flickering out for second which used to cause no other issue other than annoyance, but after replacing mobo/memory/cpu now if the gpu flickers the whole thing just reboots the moment the flicker starts

4 is darker, but the question is if that is a good thing...

any specific reason?

>Performance (Adaptive sync, lower response times, less input lag)
>Build quality (IPS, higher resolution, bigger screen size)
>Price (in your budget)
Pick two or buy used dumbfuck

If it's supposed to be dark, yes it is.

best bang for the buck cpu cooler for a ryzen 2600x?

thermaltake grand macho rt