How "smart" can you make your home, without destroying your privacy with a Google or Amazon botnet speaker?

How "smart" can you make your home, without destroying your privacy with a Google or Amazon botnet speaker?

Would it be feasible to run everything from a dedicated PC in your house?

Attached: 1_W6wAfqHHjMr3jbaZ99DKtQ.png (1082x708, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pm33KB2Th9M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a smart house would be one without technology

just make an offline lan like lmao nigga

> How "smart" can you make your home, without destroying your privacy with a Google or Amazon botnet speaker?
Really rather smart.

> Would it be feasible to run everything from a dedicated PC in your house?
Yes, easily in theory. In practice, most vendors want to botnet you and you need to pick what works fine in LAN.

This

Install 2 dogs in yard
200IQ

/thread

dedicated PC(s) ethernet connected to cameras and defense systems.
a few arms on rails for manual manipulation like making cups of tea and bring jam on toast to your room.

I like your thinking user

>without destroying your privacy with a Google or Amazon botnet speaker
Let me think:
I would use Raspberry Pis and Anduinos.

The devices are all connected in an isolated wifi network with a Raspberry Pi as router.

For every smart device, you need to reverse the network protocol and create a client for it.
Eg. light bulbs.

To know, if you are at home, you could add a wifi sniffer to your raspberry pi router.
As soon as your smartphone (with enabled wifi) isn't in range anymore, the house knows you are away.

We have had smart solutions for lighting and such for about 30 years, nobody cared about that. Now you can get something that does a worse job and spies on you and everyone lines the fuck up.
Just learn to look for what it actually solves and then find solutions for that instead of searching for "Amazon botnet alternative"

Just have every outlet in your home be connected to a relay, then make every switch a signal that goes home to your computer that turns the relays on and off.
Now add sensors who all phone home to a local server so you can use that as well.
It is not ground breaking stuff.

GOODLUCK FOR RADIATIONS FAGGOT, BEHOLD FOR THE 5G

The only smart home tech I want is for the thermalstat to turn down and lights to turn off when I'm away. Basically power savings.

>not ionizing radiation
>power is relatively low to generate any heat in living matter

>Would it be feasible to run everything from a dedicated PC in your house?
That's how it always was done, by the few who were actually doing it, back before normiisation.
It was called home automation back then rather than 'smart home', go searching for that should tell you whatever you need to know

Yes you could easily run everything in LAN, but you'd probably have to build most of the devices yourself.
All the consumer IoT shit is Internet-connected so they can sell your data, and the CIA spooks love it.

Or you could just buy X.10 and KNX devices as per

You can do just about everything without any Google/Amazon botnet.

Everything on your picture with exception of "professional monitoring" since you'll be doing that yourself and automating it to alert you of the status of the house.

>wifi sniffer to pi router
at least try to act like you understand what you are talking about. and anyways, most phones turn off the wifi after about 10 minutes of the phone being locked, if it won't even respond to arp you will enjoy nonstop false positives.

Came here to post about X.10.

There is some voice detection sofware that doesn't wiretap you to the CIA niggers that can run nicely on a Raspberry Pi. You have to dirty your hands though, and normies don't like that.
However I don't see the point of domotics unless it is to take care of your your parents or pets when you are not at home.

it is, fucker

youtube.com/watch?v=pm33KB2Th9M

depends how many raspberrypies u have

2, well, doing nothing. A 2 and a 3.

>the only danger of radiation is heat
>only ionizing radiation is dangerous to humans

>most phones turn off the wifi after about 10 minutes
In 2010, maybe.

fpbp

man, 5G is gonna destroy even more bees and insects and the ecosystem we live in.

Now imagine doing it from TempleOS.

Attached: 1483550393416.jpg (600x394, 78K)

>lights to turn off when I'm away
There are motion sensors that go between your light bulb and the base.

Define smart first of all. What exactly do you want your house to do, and will it actually make your life better in any way?

A smart person wouldn't live in a home. They'd live in a portable shipping container and set it up on a good plot of land in a well researched and safe neighbourhood.

Think about it:

- made of robust materials
- no danger of being crushed to death in an earthquake
- immune to hurricanes
- no mold or mildew growth like in wood homes
- portable and secure
- cheap and affordable
- doesn't stand out
- doesn't make others jealous
- place away from water to avoid floods

All you need is a highly advanced locking mechanism and nobody will be stealing your things.

Attached: 1401843816170.png (467x467, 211K)

I forgot to add, in a shipping container it's nice and easy to add 5G deflecting shielding, so you won't die from 5G.

>confined dimensions
>materials with garbage thermal properties, needs tons of heating and cooling
>mold very much still an issue for whatever it's outfitted with on the inside if ventilation is insufficient
>also rust
>actually costs similarly as much as a box of similar size made from scratch with traditional building supplies
>very much stands out next to normal housing

You can actually make shipping containers look like homes with windows and all sorts. They do not have garbage thermals, many people in Australia use them no problem, without any a need for even air conditioning, just fans during the hot months.

If you're sensible with ventilation mold won't be an issue.