AMD dismisses Nvidia’s DLSS for its “image artefacts” and “harsh scaling”

pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-dismisses-nvidia-dlss-harsh-scaling

How will Nvidiots ever recover? No one will use shitty DLSS meme upscaling and only Nvidia sponsored games will use RTX that cuts FPS in half rofl. Cope Harder Retards.

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/252550/nvidia-dlss-and-its-surprising-resolution-limitations
imgur.com/a/ebEuc4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7j2PFKkYrVg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMb3VMechbM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP being a faggot aside, DLSS looks woefully bad in both BFV and Metro.

At least, did you read your link?

only the title, but I have seen Gamer's Nexus DLSS videos (and there where A LOT of ARTEFACTS with DLSS on, for example, the latest Final Fantasy game, which is an Nvidia sponsored GameWorks title with DLSS enabled). Lots of flickering textures and other seizure inducing artefacting

>DLSS
Still memeing that garbage?
techpowerup.com/252550/nvidia-dlss-and-its-surprising-resolution-limitations

Still better than Radeon VII
/thread

it also doesn't work on ultrawide resolution ROFL

So all of the curved ultrawide big dick G-Sync monitors can't into DLSS

upgrading from a 750ti on a budget
rx580?

Doesn't DLSS upscale the image?
It looks like some of the artifact in FF can be patched at least

>curved
>ultrawide

Attached: 1550017237680.gif (175x200, 856K)

curved for gayman is alright in my book

look for good deals and don't buy into company wars
t.1070 user looking for a 4k AMD card

Nvidia DLSS just works because it just works. It uses AI and Deep Learning Machine Learning to create super smooth and sharp image because it just works everything just works

>shit on xorg
>no wayland
I'll take the radeon

> smooth
> and sharp
DIVISION BY ZERO

even reddit and Jow Forumspcmasterrace didn't fall for the DLSS scam

Deep Learning Super-Sampling? More like Deep Learning Super-SCAM

Attached: ItBcL1T[1].jpg (832x416, 47K)

Imagine paying $1000 for blur mess image quality

Attached: 8751.gif (145x187, 56K)

MUH TOO POOR FOR BLURRY IMAGES, HMMM?

>release shitty GPU that doesn't compete
>"y-you goys don't want those RTX features j-just buy a Radeon 7!"
I'm not a braindead normalfag that falls for the latest marketing so I don't care about 4k anyway, and neither should you.

Attached: 1452514484422.jpg (1462x1462, 189K)

It looks so good though

>/thread'ing your own post

> j-just buy a Radeon 7
Not even available, but they dun goofed with Navi severely.

In still images, yes. In motion? No, because good luck getting decent framerates.

I wish there was 144fps at 2k res Toyota graphics card

>be nvidia shill
>turn on dlss
>hurr a-at least performance improved!

Attached: 1550078969.png (1554x920, 3.2M)

DLSS actually lowers your resolution without telling you lul

Probably the best example of sour grapes in a while.

>4k amd

Nice meme

Attached: 2160.png (500x730, 52K)

>tfw my overclocked vega 64 would be about 2 fps behind the rtx 2070
radeon vii really is a shit product

>upgrade every new cycle
my cards suits me well right now, consumerist green pig.

>vega overclock
Lmao. Vega 64 cant even hit their boost clocks

AYYMD don't have DLSS technology, hence why the FUD

DLSS is a huge win, 64X Supersampling image quality at high framerates and AYYMD will never be able to have such features because AYYMD is a garbage company with garbage GCN microarchitecture that is unscalable and consumes too much power for shit performance

>DLSS
>image quality
pick one

You can apply it to older games no trouble and it looks great. Or not be poor

DLSS is the highest image quality with the highest framerates without the blurriness of TAA

CRY MOAR, AYYMDPOORFAGS

>Or not be poor
Alright, name the setup that will give me 4k 144fps stable in something like Metro Exodus (not CSGO).

>t. review one day before metro ll support added to drivers

When you can't compete against the superior innovative competitor, FUD against them

Typical AYYMD garbage company

>hurr grug need high framerate ultra in single player cinematic corridor game

>you can't get good framerates at 4k
>YES YOU CAN POORFAG
>how?
>HURR BRAINLET NEED GUD FPS LOL
Let me guess: framerates above 60 are a meme and it's all placebo, right?

Attached: 1510077070510s.jpg (221x250, 5K)

Based AMD talking out of both sides of their mouth.

>W-we can do DLSS through DX12 in the future, maybe
>LOL DLSS Sucks get dunked on Nvidiots

For SP games, yeah. You can get 144fps easily by turning down the graphics and it works still look better than ultra at 1080 anyway

>DLSS
amd makes mantle which transforms into dx12 and vulkan, continues support on opencl, makes other companies to adopt adaptive sync, creates GDDR, creates HBM
novidia makes frame upscaler, which is supersampling in reverse, they make ray tracing simulation marketed as real ray tracing,

this gif could also be from the movie "a beautiful mind" where the crazy ass john nash thinks that he is contacted by captain cook to aide him in his naval explorations.

gotta pump those fps numbers famalam.

I don't get why 4k DLSS numbers are listed alongside other 4k AA techniques instead of 1440p techniques. It makes it looks like it's adding FPS compared to no AA.

You selling that 750ti?

>we are looking at the methods that are going to be widely implemented in today’s games, and that run exceptionally well on Radeon VII. So our priority is going to be looking at SMAA and TAA and not proprietary technologies.
Nvidiots BTFO

Lmao, imagine believing AMD invented gddr. Fucking retard. And mantle was invented by Johan Andersson from DICE. He talked extensively on it, by the time he was shopping around for OEM partners he had already designed most of the spec, AMD just modified it for GCN, held it hostage and only released it after next to no one except Johan's cronies at DICE adopted it.

SMAA looks like shit.

Its possible for dlss to get good to the point its worth while, but at current, its better to play an upscaled 1440 then it is to play 4k with dlss

because 1440p is sharper and higher resolution then 4k dlss

at some point in the future, dlss may actually be a tangible benefit above 1440p without much of a fps hit, but currently 1440p > 4kdlss

see
or op link, I think that one showed of 1440 vs dlss where 1440 was both sharper and higher fps.

imgur.com/a/ebEuc4Q
nvidia btfo

ouch

But muh 4k for free! Tensor cores are supposed to be literally magic!

>look worse
>less fps
Nvidiot defending this lul

I'm glad not even leddit fell for nvidia's new buzzword for upscaling.

Pretty much all GPUs can render at a lower resolution than your screen.

>he doesnt know

That's wrong though. DLSS 4k is rendered roughly at 1800p.

Run TAA at 1800P and it looks the same anyhow.

youtube.com/watch?v=7j2PFKkYrVg

one of the review sites, I think pc gamer, has 1440p and 4kdlss side by side where you can slide the bar for the image, and you can clearly see more detail that's not blurry in the 1440p dlss is objectively worse overall then just playing at 1440p as far as every screenshot I can find says. I cant remember the final fantasy one, but that was another dlss game that had a deep dive on if this is worth paying attention to.

now because this is deep learning or whatever the fuck they really do, if it's something that gets better the longer it bakes, i'm confident that at some point down the line it will be better than bare 1440, but right now you take a performance hit and the image looks worse than just playing at 1440. there may be a case to make if the game offers no resolution scaling, but that's outside my knowledge as you would need to have cameras set up for pictures and no one does that anymore, the bullshit would never show up in a screenshot

Is DLSS the biggest NVidia scam in recent memory, aside from the GTX 970? It literally lowers your resolution and upscales it while applying Instagram filters.

I had one. Had to undervolt, set power target up, and still manually OC it to get anywhere near the promised boost and it still usually fell short, and it ended up becoming unstable at the undervolted OC in benches after a few months. Sold it for a 1080ti

>Sponsored Nvidia meme
Damage control that much Rajesh?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMb3VMechbM

Well, it does look like shit.
NVidia telling their customer they can 4K when they actually don't.
From now, I'll get a bunch of shit saying 4K is good, because people think 4K DLSS is actually 4K.

Used Vega 56 ($230) or used 8gb RX 580 ($120).

Not as big as a scam as Radeon 7 and Vega at launch.