AMD cutting deeply into Intel's market share across desktop, mobile, and server segments

techspot.com/news/78664-amd-cutting-deeply-intel-market-share-across-desktop.html

>Ryzen & EPYC combined win back significant space across desktop, mobile, and server segments

>Next-gen EPYC, code-named Rome, is on the horizon and using a 7 nanometer manufacturing process. Rome promises to bring better efficiency, more cores, and higher clocks, and threatens to take even more server share from Intel. Intel's former CEO Brian Krzanich told Barron's in mid-2018 that Intel would not lose server share to AMD in the second half of 2018, and Intel's job was to not allow AMD to capture "15-20 percent market share." The way AMD is trending, 15 percent share in a few years' time seems like a distinct possibility.

Thank you AMD. Thank you Lisa. Thank you AMDBros. Thank you 7nm. Thank you Ryzen 2. RIP in pieces Intel

Attached: 1549928798299.jpg (1500x1164, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcengines.ch/apu2d4.htm
tomshardware.com/news/sapphire-amd-ryzen-v1000-apu,37408.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hopefully, Zen 2 will deliver the final headshot to Intel in terms of mindshare.

There's still plenty of people who live in the 2nd and 4th gen Intel processor era, who built their computer back then, and haven't watched any benchmarks or reviews ever since. They still think core i5 and 8GB is the default choice for high-end anything. They are the ones who are spouting "lol he buy AMD what a loser"

There might not be many of these people left, but everytime a PC builder noob asks for help, he will get misinformed by these non-updated people.

No matter how bad Zen 2 will be, it will still outsell Intel.

No it won't, that is delusional.
It will likely sell extremely well, and cut into Intel's market share, but Intel simply is still playing on a different scale.

Attached: w5x455d4ag901.jpg (769x960, 56K)

they cant use the same shit they used before to stop OEM to buy amd
this time around it will literally be fucking hilarious

0nm when?

They can and in fact they are doing it.
We just don't know it yet.

If AMD is so great then why do i not see any low wattage ryzen soc on the market? Where are all the 2500Us to replace gemini? Everything below 200€ is completely dominated by arm and intel. I want my fanless ryzen mini server already but nothing is on the horizon even though the processors apparently exist.

Give it a few more months, HP and dell have started making desktops that have (essentially) laptop motherboards with 0 PCI-e slots but multiple SATA connectors.

I found one, took it of the tower it was in and dropped it into a micro ATX case.

i got a 2500u last month, works great

Attached: 1549237543421.jpg (607x608, 60K)

I had a 2500k in a computer that died recently, for the first time I actually am honestly looking at AMD as a realistic option for when I make another computer, at least for CPU. GPU I'm not quite so sure but more open minded in general.

It's over. Zen 2 will finish the job.

Attached: velociraptor.webm (720x404, 1.6M)

Someone needs to edit this

>Hopefully, Zen 2 will deliver the final headshot to Intel in terms of mindshare.
How anybody can write this without cringing is beyond me

>that is delusional
Reality is delusional?

Stay mad intard
*noscopes intel*
*dabs*

I hope Zen 2 kills Intel dead [spoiler]and they are forced to up their game and slash their prices.[/spoiler]

Intel is unironically dying.

>mobile

Does it? I barely see any Ryzen laptops for sale. They also have vastly inferior battery life going by the reviews.

brutal

I'm a ryzen owner, but I need Sunny cove to come and at least be competitive, so that we will have what the /v/ has with their consoles: an assurance that both Intel and AMD will be their absolute best at what they do.

Kinda mad at RTG being so stupid and uncompetitive.

>sunny cope
yeah

Honestly, I understand that you root for AMD. But this nonsense tribalism/consolewar logic needs to stop. Competition needs to be here, or we will be stuck in placid waters like when Bulldozer crapped up.

The GPU Market has 3GB/6GB bullshit primarily because RTG is being that retarded stepbrother that AMD keeps locked up.

Seems they gained a little but it's nothing much to speak of since laptops are saturated by the low end rather than any premium, high margin models

they need to put out power-efficient Athlons with 2/4 setups to match those low-powered pentiums

>supports CPU division through 6 years of absolute dogshit while getting no r&d funding except from semi custom
>still gets no budget while CPU is getting the big bucks and producing like 8 new dies a year and 3 brand new chipsets
>why is rtg so bad??? Hurrrr must be dummies durrr

AMDfags are so dumb it hurts. Yea, I wonder why a division that can only afford like 2 new dies a year that arent fully paid for by third parties is struggling

Ryzen doesnt scale that low. Intel invested a ton of money getting IO/uncore power down to a minimum. Thats why their idle is good and why their core M/y shit actually works and sip power. AMD would need to overhaul zen's uncore, which doesnt look to be happening seeing as they're using 14nm IO dies

Intel's new retarded idea is to put one CPU on TOP of another CPU and you call RTG retarded?

Too bad I/O die doesn't scale below 14nm so Intel is also dead

Mobile doesn't really matter, server/cloud is the only market that's important for the shekel counters. 3.2% seems low, but note that's FOUR TIMES as a year ago.

>shitty cope
Intel will swing back with 5nm in 2023, amd will be king until then.

>athlon 200ge
Hopefully they make enough money to give rtg an actual budget

>5nm in 2023
2033*

Nah Intel is a vile piece of shit of a company and I couldn't be happier if they become irrelevant.

Attached: 1543585518490.jpg (960x720, 116K)

Nice safe space you've got here, amdjeets

One RAID key has been deposited in your account.

>Intel will swing back with 5nm in 2023
Wtf is intel doing are they just grabbing their greedy tits and dicks too much to bother getting a proper 7nm out? At this rate amd is going to be the leader in innovative cpu technology, but they'll still lag behind nvidia in gpu tech.

iToddlers btfo

>poozen 7nm to meet 14nm skylake in ipc/ghz from 2015

>a ton of money getting IO/uncore power down to a minimum.

That so called "investment" in performance is 95% created just by them gutting security by leaving their cpu cash unencrypted. And we have seen what that has brought them.

Attached: 1323875131105.png (500x589, 320K)

It's going to be a great once their investors finaly start to see though the wool puled over their eyes.

Attached: 1548091312016.png (802x799, 49K)

What did you expect from a corrupt garbage jewish company

Attached: 1500377406924.jpg (2083x1405, 462K)

Literally fake news. kys

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Bruh
pcengines.ch/apu2d4.htm
Not a ryzen but this exists since 3 years

Attached: 1541158976326.jpg (800x420, 47K)

not over just yet

Attached: 1544030457637.jpg (1708x1458, 529K)

tomshardware.com/news/sapphire-amd-ryzen-v1000-apu,37408.html

there is the Ryzen V1000 embedded APU, but I suppose it's not as cheap as a Celeron or ARM processor.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9UL1UvNzgyNTYyL29yaWdpbmFsL0ZTLUZQNVYtMS5qcGc=.jpg (800x800, 196K)

>he likes being jewed by monopolies
>he wants people to keep buying Intel because that's what they always bought
Incels don't realize that they actually benefit from Intel having real competition, even if they just want to keep buying exploit ridden botnet CPUs.

well being able to drive 4 4k resolution monitors
and being cheap is a bit of a no no
plus for 350 bucks that this thing asks for its a bargain actually

Serves Intel right.
They have been fucking consumers since a long time.
It is only natural that consumers will want some king of revenge.

Attached: 1521636672590.jpg (716x724, 15K)

When are we getting new APUs?
I don't want to switch to Intel for an APU stronger than the 2400G

>It is only natural that consumers will want some king of revenge.
since virtually 90% of this board seems to cling to their sandy bridge CPU's and looking for an upgrade right now, i assume that Ryzen 3xxx will sell like hot cakes in first few months (let's say IPC gains and clocks are awesome). ~15% right now? this shit will skyrocket to 25% by autumn on desktop space but that don't matter all too much when all the big bux are in server space; remember that Zen1 already quadrupled the share in server space in like 18months, Zen2/EBYN2 gonna eat Intel alive.

Do we actually know the lineup for Zen 2 now that that image with the 8 core 3600 has been debunked?

Your brain has been debunked.

kek

Attached: 1525353398975.png (1066x600, 429K)

ok, i bait. post the image then

Attached: 1532457721890.jpg (261x244, 11K)

>They can and in fact they are doing it.
>We just don't know it yet.

We know it though. For example, from Lenovo's side, they gimped the AMD T480 variant A485 with a lower power limit and the CPU cannot go over 70 Celsius due power throttling. The T480 is configured with a significantly higher power limit. Also, Intel has yet to release TB3 for AMD laptops.

>yet to release TB3 for AMD
correct me please but i thought that Thunderbolt is royalty free for everyone to use since some time

It's royalty free licensing.
Intel just needs to be willing to license the fucking thing to begin with.
This is all kikery anyway, OCuLink for consumers when.

thanks

Attached: 1548157268298.gif (500x280, 601K)

Protip: neither company will be going out of business in your lifetime.

But Apple will.

Same on my a285. Got it because I do some work o video games and there's no other ryzen at this size really. It feels kind of annoying that I got something with a better igpu only to have it gimoed to marginally better than Intel stuff. Hopefully the ryzen mobile 3000 drivers come out soon and we can partially fix some of this crap. At least I can get a 16GB ram version in the uk.

2700x here I'm happy to stick with this little fella for a long time runs cool at 4ghz completely stock with a decent noctura 15 cooler and gets great fps > 8700k oc/9900k housefire at same clocks uses half the power
Can't image how good 2nd gen 7nm will be once the node matures I reckon 5ghz+ easy

ITODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1549722560017.jpg (832x623, 405K)

Glad to see another 2700x bro.
I have no regrets. I'll keep it around for awhile for sure.

Attached: IMG_20190214_211247.jpg (1100x619, 47K)

>But this nonsense tribalism/consolewar logic needs to stop.

Attached: 1417824746335.jpg (172x158, 23K)

Shut up goy, stop with this tribalism

Attached: 1489160516428.png (800x612, 245K)

>4670k build
Xmas 2020 is when I'll finally upgrade but If I were to do it today I would lean on amd. Price /performance is perfect and Intel's practises lately has been a turn off.

I don't even foresee a a problem pushing my build that much longer that is how much the CPU segment has stagnated in the 2010's. The 90's to phenom II were crazy.

I bought it at launch as well
Kinda stuffed up on the mobo choice and got a arsecock x470 gaming k4 fatal1ty board with shit vrm but I don't oc and the boost goes to 4.3ghz fine anyway and hovers around 4ghz base I'm happy
202x is the time to upgrade
I jumped the gun with Zen 1 and got a 1600x
Much faster in multi thread but single sucked ass and ram issues kept me from running it beyond 2133mhz for the whole time I owned it
Rmad the ram sold it off and got b die 3200 cl14
I had a 4ghz 4690 undervolted it was nice but was slow as balls past 2015 and really struggled talking 30fps minimums and hitches stuttering 100% load all the time
Meanwhile my 2700x barely breaks 50 in games and is fantastic for multi-tasking I can run CPU heavy shit + game easily now

Epyc v1000? It has 12-25W socs.

Interesting, I just use my home desktop for games which is why I can still push it. It's right at the edge though and when games are made with next gen consoles in mind that's when I think I will really notice deprecation. Still, the chip has served me well. I can't recall my OC settings but it is and has been undervolted @4.2ghz for years now. Just handle to win the silicon lottery with it.

This. If AMD didn't release Ryzen, Intel would still be selling 4 core CPUs at retarded prices.

They still are except they are just 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 24 core server chips binned for desktops hence the stupid thermals and power
Let's not forget the motherboard socket lockout fiasco
4ghz is base clocks these days I'd u have decent cooling
Idk pick up a 8700k used from some salty 9900k memelaker

Attached: 1547051816101.jpg (1021x503, 168K)

Still waiting for intel sekrit sauce...

You don't need to encrypt the cache, you just need to prevent aborted speculative executions from leaving traces in the cache.

>dinosaurs are ext-

But that's performance penalty! We need maximum performance and minimum security!

Wow was this really necessary?

It was a different time.

I'm not sure that it is. Particularly since Intel has TSX, which already does that and is pretty damn fast.

>((((((TSX))))))

Intel. Never again
Ryzen 3600G for me

I live in the 4th gen Intel era because I can't afford a new CPU, RAM and a motherboard.

THIRD GENERATION FUCKING WHEN
I WANT TO MOVE ON FROM MY 1600

Attached: 1549937257534.jpg (574x429, 30K)

That's not possible without dumping the cash, even the shit windows is using, in between processes. And that has been shown to be an even bigger performance hit.

Attached: 1449864382270.jpg (500x560, 49K)

based dino genes BRUTALLY mogging on inferior mammal cucks

aren't they going to announce it at some event this month?

OH NONONONONONONOOOOOOOOO

fuck you goy

My Prediction: Apple produces their own processors based on ARM and BTFO every other product

Roight

>My Prediction: Apple produces their own processors based on ARM
Correct
> and BTFO every other product
Not in a million years.

itoddlers btfo