I bought a ryzen 7 1700 off this guy on ebay and he sends it to me like this, no clamshell, no packaging...

i bought a ryzen 7 1700 off this guy on ebay and he sends it to me like this, no clamshell, no packaging, just the cpu resting on the heatsink fan WITH THE PINS FACING INTO THE FAN. wrapped in paper.
needless to say theres a missing pin and like 20 others are bent pretty badly. what an absolute fucking mongoloid.

Attached: sq0d.jpg (1836x2638, 2.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/183194055463
ebay.com/usr/aaawavecom
youtu.be/-hXCA8198bw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should have known that he was mentally retarded based on the fact that he bought an AMD product.

missing pin is on left corner in this pic

Attached: _mIZ.jpg (1836x2652, 2.84M)

You can get a refund no?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

should've bought a CPU without pins :^)

yeah paypal elevated it to a claim. ill get my money back and when i do im paying the extra 20 bucks to get one brand new.

btw, damn the intel shills are still here? theyre part of the reason i kind of quit browsing here.

Post his ebay so we can closer examine the retard in his natural habitat.

ebay.com/itm/183194055463

How dumb are you bro?
Don't you know the patrician way of buying used components? Wanna know what it is? It's 100% foolproof and guarantees you the best prices for pristine hardware, no issues whatsoever!

Stupid wintoddler.

Can't see it, it's gone.

shit
ebay.com/usr/aaawavecom

>Open Box : A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects.
kek

dyel baldlet

>Based in United States,
That explains it.

No one wants the special sauce? Fucking lol, your loss boyos.

give it back jamal

You literal nigger. Where the fuck did I say 'steal it'?

>Don't you know the patrician way of buying used components?
Inspect the hardware before paying

next time dont buy shit like this, you poorfag

> ill get my money back and when i do im paying the extra 20 bucks to get one brand new
Fix it and keep the money. Not like it's impossible to solder one pin or just put them straight with your credit card and try to start it.

So I buy a lot of server gear and random tech stuff on ebay often. It's amazing how little of a clue some of the sellers have when they ship stuff.

I've got many LGA 2011 boards where the sellers basically acquired a bunch of rackmount chassis and pulled the boards and cpus and they ship boards often without socket covers because they just don't have them on hand.

There was an instance where I was buying 6 boards from a single seller and had to do multiple returns and cross ships, like at least twice, because I would constantly get a few boards with bent pins. Most likely from shipping mispackaging or mishandling.

At around the third time I told the seller "bro, these pins are bent AGAIN" the seller had the audacity to question me as if it was somehow my fault.

Don't really get why some sellers are so retarded.

OHHHHH I GOT QUADS! Mommy get the camera! Mommy! Mommy!

>ebay.com/itm/183194055463
>Pic isnt a photo of the product that is being sold

Only fools falls on scams mate

its actually missing a pin though, as in i never had the pin to begin with, it probably fell out of the box since it wasnt completely sealed

the link doesn't work

>buying used from one random stranger
>not buying used from somewhere reputable where they test, clean, and package the product properly

You're a fucking moron.

> its actually missing a pin though
Still may be alright, it's just one pin. Maybe it's reserved for the GPU part, which is missing on your CPU, or it will only recognize one memory channel, or will act wacky on OC due to not having enough power.

serves you right, pajeet poo in the cpu nigger

i did try bending them back with a mechanical pencil, without a microscope its pretty much impossible due to how small the AM4 pins are and how many there are.

>straighten the bent ones
>shove small wire directly in the socket to make contact with the base of the missing pin
Any reason why this won't work?

do what this user says, try to resolder the pin or ask a friend to, since those pins aren't too big, try getting some piece of metal that looks similar and give it a go

Better find some old AMD cpu and steal couple pins from it.

>all of this to save 20 dollars

Lol

Only buy used PC parts if youre getting at least 25-40 percent off.

I dont see a missing pin

Just check the diagrams for the cpu pinout, a lot of pins are just ground connections and you can definitely do with one missing, it won't even impact performance

You bought a used cpu to save $20? What the fuck is wrong with you, my dude?

You only saved 20$ with a used cpu ???

Also, that missing pin might not be necessary at all, it's possible it's a VCC or gnd pin. Just straighten the other pins and try it out.

Even funnier when you consider that 1700 is like $160 brand new nowadays.

>ebay
Send it back you stupid faggot

that the management engine pin
it'll work fine with out it
about the bent ones just use a hammer to straightened them up

Dispute the purchase then test it, if the pin is needed you *can* solder a new one on but you will need a steady hand and a hot iron

Open a return.

Some guy on ebay jewed me with a return on the perfectly fine GPU I sold him because he was a retard and it wasn't SLI compatible with the one he had, I got it back and it was totally fine just like when I sent it. If you say it was defective they WILL mandate he accepts a return.

yeah, that looks like a better idea, but if he can't fix it then he would be wasting like 10$ or so on a shit amd cpu I guess

Ebay has guaranteed buyer protection

You're entitled to what was advertised in promised condition.

op here holy shit you guys were right i bent the pens with a razor blade doing the hwcanucks method and got it in and it boots. i guess the broken pin was just a ground.

Attached: 1qdU.jpg (1836x2165, 1.82M)

So what did we learn?

Do prime95 on it

>Open box
Nigga why would you order a CPU without its original packaging, just order it new from a reliable place

dont be a retard and buy used from sketchy sellers

ur a retard bro.

He's retarded but not as retarded as you for buying it to save $20 or asking Jow Forums if bending the pin back will work

:D

What kind of cpu has pins in 2019 anyways.

>management engine pin
What is a "management engine pin"? Why would ME/Amd's equivalent need its own pins?

get a refund and get a new cpu, not worth the hassle of what a missing pin could bring

;)

Or he could buy better RAM with the money he just saved from getting that processor for free.

>1700
>2x4 2400
thanks for the chuckle

he might be able to overclock them all the way up to 3200 or even higher with little voltage boost

I am running my 2666s at 3333mhz

So get a refund.

>1700
>3200mhz ram
enjoy your 1.7 soc voltage

thats a bummer

A missing pin is usually not a huge problem, most of the pins are just a redundant ground used to keep out incompatible CPUs. It never hurts to try when you have a situation like this.

>only $20
Lol poorfag, you're just as retarded

>A320 low end (hdv) motherboard
>Ryzen 7

Imagine having a mental capacity this low
topkek

>Single-Channel Memory Mode

At least use the RAM sticks in the correct sockets.

Jayztwocents managed it with a razor nicely

does he have to send the cpu back to ebay to get his money back since he sent photos with cpu clearly damaged or he gets cash back AND keeps cpu?

should have bought intel :D they dont have pins in cpus

The good kind.

i bought a really cheap cpu of some chink and it was packaged the same way as new cpus are too.

This

i buy only new because used parts cost as much or more as new ones

This kills the CPooU

Please tell me you used the paypal botnet.

that would probably cost more than the part

its another cpu so it probably needs power too

I'm sorry but Ryzen is crap. Intel is STILL faster.

this is now a doubles thread

depends on what Paypal demands from you, sometimes you have to send it back (proof is package tracking nr usually), if a product is deemed to be counterfeit you have to promise you destroy it & still get your money back (happened to me once)

I had similar luck with my current setup. Bought a set of motherboard, cooler, CPU and RAM. Genius seller sent it in a giant box with NO PADDING. The cooler is giant and was slightly bent, 2 of 4 RAM sticks stopped working. I got the sticks RMA'd, bent the cooler back, still works after 2 years. Didn't want to deal with Paypal and send it back because it was a good deal, as long as I could make it work

its not that bad then if buyer is always winner. just that you have to waste abit of time sending the part back to the scammer.

must be really expensive parts if you wont lose money by sending them back

PINLETS BTFO

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

youtu.be/-hXCA8198bw

Thats pretty fucked op
Even im not that sketchy

Attached: 1522836972304.gif (410x273, 1.98M)

That motherboard's only got two slots and is supposed to support dual channel, so there was probably something wrong with the memory pins.

Checked
Based post and based digits

AMD has a setting in bios to force ganged or un-ganged mode.

>i bought something on ebay
>why did i get fucked guys

another ryzen patrician I see

Attached: ryzen-from-the-ashes.png (561x380, 18K)

FPBP

That is why we use superior Intel CPUs that don't have shitty pins.

Meanwhile I sold one 7700k nice cpu with a motheboard. All wrapped and properly packaged. Some days later the customer was complaing the system was rebooting, I was on brink on requesting return so he could stop conplaing because he was a fucking retarded. In the eng the guy found out he was connecting USB headers to fan header ( don't ask me me how) and so he was happy.
A month later same customer asked me if I know how to unbend Mobo pins. I asked why, he said he removed the cpu, dunno why, and after putting the cpu back he said the cpu stopped working. The poor guy probably tried to fuck the cpu in wrong position back. I asked why he removed the cpu if he clearly don't have understanding and he said he was removing the cpu to look at it.
Anyway, guy ended with bricked Mobo and CPU.

Why buy a ryzen used? they're already cheap, if your that poor you shouldn't be building a PC in the first place

If you're buying AMD period you're probably poor. inb4 """productivity""" LARP post

>Soldering CPU pins
It will probably be even shittier than not having the pin at all

I done some of this shit. It's basically a mess doing so, I managed one time to fix a p4 but soon after it started to bsod like crazy

>i bought something on ebay
>why did i get fucked guys
I've never gotten scammed on ebay, the time the item didn't arrive or had broken during shipping I got my money back

That's good you're getting your money back. The shills are in force. Old Jow Forums is dead and gone.

Fuck even your ram has pin problems

i've always maintained that assembling a PC is about as hard as building lego, and that kids can do it. guess im wrong, you have to be capable of realizing you need to spend 5 minutes looking something up first.