Daily guts thread - intel shill edition

guts - I ditched poozen for intel blue pill edition. post guts. rate guts. laugh at guts. applaud guts.

Attached: gutsmaster1.jpg (4608x3072, 3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQDgT7oxKXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

based
fuck AMD

That's a nice fan support... where do I find one?

I like those HAF lan boxes better than the Corsair cube cases cause everything's on it's side and the GPU won't sag

Also fuck Corsair for not making the glorious 300R anymore.

Attached: IMG_0084.jpg (4032x3024, 2.28M)

Attached: 2018-12-01 18.01.54.jpg (2001x1899, 1.05M)

Attached: p4guts.jpg (1600x1200, 314K)

Attached: core2guts.jpg (1600x1200, 325K)

>throw away ryzen
>keep vega
are you mentally challenged?

Attached: i7 920 guts.jpg (1600x1200, 254K)

Attached: z87guts.jpg (1920x1280, 751K)

>X58 rig with period correct Terascale GPUs
Based.

Attached: htpc.jpg (3534x1674, 1.9M)

Attached: Z370guts.jpg (1919x2470, 2.22M)

Case?

All my guts from Pentium 4 to 9900K.

They're fuckin ncie, family, I can see you tried to make the P4 look nice even back when cases were retarded nobody could into cable management.

Silverstone ML08

Attached: Test bench PC.jpg (1361x1802, 808K)

That's a really cool build man, what OS do you use? Kinda sucks if you're using 10 and your case is too small to get a usb pcie card to use windows 7.

Anyway your build is basically the same as mine except I'm using samsung SSD, nvme and asus stx II.

I'm impressed cause I did a lot of research into my build and we're basically the same

>SX8200
>Morpheus'd Vega
>didnt fall for the 9900 meme
swap out the soundcard for a DAC/AMP stack and it's perfect
youtube.com/watch?v=PQDgT7oxKXQ

Windows 10. There is space for more expansion cards. It's just the D15 cooler is too huge that it partially blocks the first PCIe slot. Planning to replace it with a D15S or whatever its successor will be to provide more clearance. I can then move the GPU to the top slot and have all the bottom ones free for whatever I want to add.

How come there are daily battlestation threads that reach bump limit but guts threads die after 2 hours? hmmMM??

Attached: IMG_1060 1 lanczos separable.jpg (2500x1667, 751K)

Everyone seems chill about entire desk setups, but when it comes to the pc internals everyone thinks their products are better and scold others for their choices.

I love that case.

Attached: IMG_20190124_174233_042.jpg (3492x4365, 3.27M)

>9700K
>scammed on cpu
>vega 64
>scammed on gpu
Nice build.

Attached: 7ED905E4495C4982B07ED6DD043A34B7.jpg (640x845, 103K)

>vega 64
>scammed
Idk user, intel may be terrible but that Vega 64 has really good price to performance, maybe if you bought it during mining you were scammed, but its the same with pascal.

>tfw it's 90% the same posts in every /guts/ thread
sad!

Yesterday, user suggested sealing off the pci-e slots below GPU which I did, smoke tested before and after and gotta admit, I was wrong, the GPU did indeed pull unfiltered air from there. Now the load temperatures have risen however. Perhaps I should make some kind of a tunnel to direct air from the bottom intake directly to the card. Seems quite doable with a piece of pvc sewer pipe.

Attached: _20190213_094533.jpg (4299x3096, 1.8M)

I was running it at 3.8ghz but it was running to warm for my tastes for no noticeable performance difference

Attached: spaceheater_v2_guts.jpg (1632x1224, 223K)

indiantel shitters are braindamaged

Don't mind it, just making the same post again.
Nice & gave me the lols.

Attached: autism box.jpg (3109x2876, 3.76M)

if not being sarcastic its just a generic 120mm metal fan grill. can find them on amazon.
I had the 300r and it indeed was a nice case. cheap but had everything you needed. also had side panel fan mounts for house fire gpu's. and yeah I owned both corsair air 740 and air 540. they're nice cases but not having the motherboard horizontal sucks about them. they take up as much space as my haf xb, so why not just design it horizontal?

best way to eliminate gpu sag? have the motherboard horizontal. same with worrying about monster air coolers hanging off the board.
why ditched my vega 64 when it actually doesn't suck? poozen sucked. vega 64 is pretty much a 1080 that I got for $300 on black friday sale.

only the top 1% of retards buy rtx cards anyways so don't even bring up rtx cards.
my wife bought me the ae-5 as a present as a surprise. so kinda gotta keep it for a bit. and honestly its pretty nice.
hows the vii?

>how's the vii?
Interesting. Its not as bad as people say it is desu.
In the long run its better for my use case.

Next week I'll have some 12cm fan brackets to help with cooling. I'm hoping waterblocks get released for it.

>295w TDP
Damn that's higher than my 7970 that I consider to be housefire, great specs though, the 16Gb of ram is great for a workstation, I would hate to imagine what a card like the VII wouldve cost during mining.

5 years ago we had really great guts threads, I'm going to blame the market for the decline. components are overpriced and there is little worth upgrading for right now.

>components are overpriced
I'd say things are cheaper than ever, it's just that high end components are so fucking gay these days, you could never proudly post them on guts, I'd never be posting my PC if I didn't have my minimalist black case from 2012 ,and my old black high end motherboard that still puts new boards to shame because of how good it looks without RGB or stupid shit silk screened patterns, It just doesn't need it.

Attached: AB50837_1.jpg (858x1000, 886K)

>All this noctua shilling

seeing how your gpu only has a single 6 pin power connector, why put a morpheus on a lower power card?

>good price to performance
Vega 56 with undervolt and vega 64's bios works even better, and goes for 350€

I got my 64 for $300. so fuck off you jewvideo twat.

I don't want to be able to hear it even under heavy load.
Also, even a single 8-pin can be made to pull a lot of power.

>poozen sucked
>vega did not
literal retard
I'm convinced this is bait at this point

Mining was pretty stupid
vega ends up being overvolted from the factory, in wattman there's even a "auto undervolt" button

Attached: 20180511_202640.jpg (1931x1960, 2.03M)

Clean af, I love mATX or smaller motherboards with big ass cards.

>htpc's system fan never responded to bios speed controls, just ran full speed
>had to use a low noise adaptor on its NH-A14
>four years later.jpg
>peruse the B85I manual, realise the sysfan connector is pwm only
>however Asus mobo in desktop has dc control too
>swap the pwm redux from desktop to htpc and vice versa
>htpc can finally adjust its intake fan
>desktop finally completely poo
It's a good morning so far
Thanks for reading blog

Attached: IMG_3039.jpg (1600x1200, 607K)

and the htpc was due for some dusting as well

Attached: IMG_3038.jpg (1600x1200, 752K)

Attached: IMG_20181231_081512.jpg (2976x1674, 970K)

But that one for some reason needs to advertise all its features on the board, even though you already bought it

upgraded the main monitor to an Acer X34P, next upgrade will be the CPU and mobo, beyond that going to proper watercooling

Attached: PC-CURRENT.jpg (2017x1512, 999K)

Labeling every feature has always been Gigabyte's thing for some reason on the Ultra Durable boards, but their UD boards with the black PCB are still fantastic.

Attached: board.jpg (856x1200, 1.16M)

Itt things that never happened. We are talking about market prices, not retarded prices you saw once in your life.
Also wtf is a jewvideo? I have a 2600 + rx 580, I'm not retarded.

Attached: 1524887009704.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Dumb question but does noctua have any rgb fans or at least black colored ones? Tired of these poo color.

>rgb
no
>black
industrial PPC line
or Redux for gray

Embrace the Poo

Attached: guts.jpg (1824x1368, 426K)

Attached: 20180610_184659~3.jpg (3157x4152, 2.78M)

Couldn't find specs on the industrial ppc fans but do you know if they are as good or better than the nf a14 fans?

If I have an old machine that has a very disorganised hard drive on it that contains all my projects, with associated files scattered across the HDD, will I be able to insert that HDD into a totally new build and use it as I would my current machine until I have done the painstaking task for organising my files?
New build would have brand new SSD's, with the OS installed on a the internal SSD - except the new build will be Windows 10 and the old HDD with the projects on is Windows 7.
I need a new machine long before it would take me to organise my files and would slowly organise my files onto the new SSD's over time.
Is this possible or am I going to have to bite the bullet and do it all manually?

You could straighten out the spreader clips on your gpu power wires. Looks sloppy right now, like you were only faking your autism.

Very nice, well done.

No, you have to install the os to the new drive, and use the old one like a storage drive. Or yes, after rereading your question. That will work, yes.

>If I have an old machine that has a very disorganised hard drive on it that contains all my projects, with associated files scattered across the HDD, will I be able to insert that HDD into a totally new build and use it as I would my current machine until I have done the painstaking task for organising my files?
If you're talking about order and fragmentation of files on drive, if you do a drag-n-drop copy to another device they will all be in order you copy and with 0 fragments

and the answer to actual question is yes

Thanks lads. It's one hell of a headache transferring files from a work machine to a one, investing in a 3000$ PC only to not have access to my work projects in their original formats is making me super hesitant to pull the trigger, but it needs to be done sooner rather than later.
I'll post my guts here when it arrives!

All my fans and new cooler finally came in. Nice and quiet now. I was at microcenter yesterday and like 10 seconds from pulling the trigger on an EVGA 2080Ti FTW3, but I just can't bring myself to do it when my classy 980Ti is still pulling it's weight.

Maybe when 7nm Ryzen launches I'll just do a complete overhaul. New chip, board, ram, card.

Attached: BeQuietInstallee.jpg (2048x1554, 1.05M)

I also went out and got 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans for $18 each. Going to see if Noctuas are memes or dreams. I'm about to put this server into my old CM Storm Stryker though. This many drives in my fractal R5 runs hotter than I thought. The Stryker has fans right on the HDD cages, and the front panel has an X-dock, eSATA, integrated fan controller...

Sounding more and more like a good idea.

Forgot the damned picture

Attached: ServerNewPSU.jpg (2048x1637, 1.41M)

They move more air

>noctua rgb fans
lol no
>or at least black colored ones
chromax is black
redux is gray

you probably don't want the industrial ones, they cost more due to stuff like waterproofing that you don't need in a home computer
also louder

> tfw fell for the poozen meme
> tfw cpu temp stays at 95f

What's a 95f?

35c you dumb brit

>uses shitty scale for temperatures
>blames poozen
>then
>actually the temps are totally fine
>intelfag self-btfo again

Attached: intel_higher_is_better.png (631x310, 14K)

>us dollars
>(higher is better)

Attached: 1404392844705.jpg (250x250, 12K)

I'm () not the other guy. I was simply pointing out the fact you're too idiotic to convert F to C.

>you're too idiotic
I'm not the other faggot

>tfw 300R is a baylet and can't server
That's okay, I can adapt the ODD bays and it cost less than the 550D that competes with Fractal.

Also my old guts when I didn't know what I was doing.

New

Attached: 2017-09-26-497.jpg (4000x3000, 2.21M)

bumping thread with an """"""""""artsy"""""""""""" image

Attached: IMG_1038 lanczos separable.jpg (2500x1667, 573K)

Trust the experts

Attached: merchant_news_network.jpg (675x675, 109K)

not actually an nzxt manta

Attached: IMG_20190213_224424-02.jpg (1497x2000, 967K)

Attached: DSC_0196.jpg (3840x2160, 2.92M)

Damn that looks stupid but the airflow is perfect.