Windows 10 is utter trash

windows 10 is utter trash

why is 95% of this board using it?

Attached: 846.jpg (960x698, 84K)

imagine how bad linux must be if people prefer using windows 10 instead

fpbp

because 95% posters of this board are pajeets/rajeets

/thread

Because the average population of Jow Forums doesn't age, and the majority of its userbase are retarded 20 y/o zoomers now.

Attached: 1534881938193.gif (931x682, 532K)

Imagine how asshanded one must be unable to handle Bubuntu&Co

Based and redpilled

@69798775
Cringe and redditpilled

This. Windows 10 does suck in many ways, but it's not as bad as the alternatives. Kind of like Android.

old habbits
they die hard

Attached: kdemascot.jpg (180x180, 4K)

It's worse than Windows 7 though.

I wouldn't mind using it if there was a way to manage updates in a non-retarded way. Most other problems are fixable or minor.

Few people are aware that you can install another OS on your PC. A much smaller number of people are aware of the alternatives available or how easy it is to install them. For the majority of computer users, the shit they currently have on their PC is the shit they will put up with, because they do not understand that it's shit, not do they know they could be much better off. Spyware is a good example of this. Some of them have been disturbed by the behaviour of others that frequent this board, and now we have daily 'linux is too hard' copeposting and so many apple shills that they incite false flaggers.

>you need to eat shit like me otherwise you're a retard

Dont just use the kernel idiot install plan 9

Who are you quoting, voices in your head?

Cuz loonix didn't really came up with a better alternative.

It literally just werks

there's half a dozen linux distros that are objectively better than windows 10

n8 b8 m8

Windows is only good for three things - gaming, 3D Max and Adobe stuff. For regular use like watching videos, reading, office work, illustration etc. Linux rolls. Just pick some just werk distro like Ubuntu, Mint or OpenSUSE and you'll see.

This too.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'll beat the shit out of anyone using Windows

> For regular use like watching videos, reading, office work, illustration etc

These things are literally the same on any OS. You are just shooting yourself in the foot if "watching video and reading internet" argument. You can LITERALLY do the same on Windows, without having to deal with all the retardation of Linux.

The board is riddled with /v/edditors.

>with all the retardation of Linux
What would that be? And no, "muh terminal" is not going to cut it.

stop jerking off over stallman

His point is that you're better off with Linux because you don't need to deal with the retardation of Windows.

Because it's Windows. You know, the most popular desktop operating system ever? It doesn't have to be good to be popular.

There is more, but why not? If you are incapable of creating an OS that is functional without the use of a command line what you have created is garbage, it's as simple as that.

You can pretend it's a fault with a user all you want, the fact that the subpar programmers that work on distros (most people who could not get real jobs) are unable to make it functional is the reality. I'm sorry that you have to live in pretend world where Linux distros are something else than coding projects for rejects.

Why you not using POSReady 2009 ?

For scientific work linux is far superior, certain big libraries aren't even available for windows.

>what's ibm
>what's intel
>what's red hat
>what's canonical
>what's suse

>citation needed
And while we're at it there are distribution which essentially require no command line, but you'd probably use it anyway as a feature.

You can use most distros without using the CLI. But if you actually tried using Linux, you wouldn't want that, you would combine graphics with it. The rest of your post is as baseless as your first paragraph.

It just werkz

why? if we are comparing it to other windows versions, obviously

Attached: 1544143325309.jpg (900x900, 71K)

Attached: wgkwaweyglo11.jpg (687x687, 54K)

REKT

For video games. I just bought a new motherboard that didn't have Windows 7 drivers for it, so that was out.
It wasn't much harder to install than most Linux distros, since the mobo manufacturer has automated the process of installing hardware drivers, after I got the network connection live. They got an "app store", which is what a package manager is called on Windows, and I could just select all the drivers I needed and it'd download and install the latest versions. I did have to babysit it and input my login credentials like six times as it rebooted over and over again, so there's some room for improvement.
Oh, and I had to select three "security questions" for resetting my password, presumably for setting up some kind of puzzle where a burglar has to figure out my cat's name from environmental clues to break into my computer.
It runs reasonably well most of the time, which is to say it occasionally slows down to a crawl for no obvious reason, and sometimes just completely freezes for a second and a half like it forgot what it was doing. I think it has something to do with hard drive access, since that thing's making a lot more noise than it was before.
Still, video games. They seem to run. This is probably kind of like how a crackhead feels to find out that his dealer has been murdered, and though the new dealer is kind of a prick, he's not raising prices.
I was also pleasantly surprised to find out that my old Win 7 licence key still worked for some reason, and I didn't have to for out however many hundred dollars they're charging for this shitheap. Just typed it in and Windows was activated, no questions asked.

Attached: Capture.png (564x551, 330K)

Are you seriously this stupid? That is the whole point you braindead drooling moron, for regular user is Linux by far better, cleaner and easier solution. My mother prefer fucking Mint. Which leaves us with specialized work and science work. Science is pretty much Linux or bust. Specialized work can be divided into visual design, which is today monopol'd by Adobe, 3D design which is pretty much Max and Cinema and programming. Programing/coding is Linux. 3D and visual design (probably music and video making too) is still Windows, but illustration and 3D is getting more interesting every year with Krita and Blender and few others.

See where I'm going? If MS won't fix their shit, this trend will continue. And after abomination that is W10, I'm inclined to say thank gods.

There is a divide in Jow Forums, it's usually split between the sides that seem to actually care about technology and the consumerist side

The consumerist side wins, you can see it by the amount of stupid "my favorite corporation is better than yours" shilling posts, all the windows in places like /bst/, and so on. There are some technical windows users but it mainly seems like people from /v/ who occasionally post threads or visit generals like /pcbg/ (at least the shitposters there), /bst/, etc. They sometimes try to post in other generals they think theyre welcome like desktop threads but they usually get yelled at so they just end up making their own shitty threads that get archived in 20 or less posts

Attached: questionable.jpg (700x513, 66K)

Based
I have a plan9 VM its comfy

windows 8.1 master race reporting in

Saving this pasta
Shit thread great post
@op its cuz of preinstalls.

Used to use Windows 8.1 and my computer crashed regularly.
Upgraded to 10 on a whim and now it's perfectly stable.
No idea why.

I should rectify a bit, visual design is also controlled by iHomos/Macfags, because half of those pricks are hipster goobers and other half roasties who get somehow lost on their way to be "office assistant" (aka blowing upper manager for not even half of money as regular whore). That shouldn't be understimated, since you can not expect any progress from this side of market.

because there's nothing better

>being this stupid

Attached: (14).png (246x205, 8K)

>being a single OS pleb
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

Haha that looks like me