Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6zyub-c1X3c?t=418
github.com/rust-native-ui/libui-rs
github.com/rust-unofficial/awesome-rust#gui
twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1094419108781789184
youtube.com/watch?v=wF7R2WDYFC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ok

posted 2 hours ago and not a single drooling Jow Forumstard screeching in here, wowie!!

Attached: 1356974986160.jpg (658x752, 68K)

Attached: 1521129220111.png (2000x2562, 165K)

youtu.be/6zyub-c1X3c?t=418
struct SolarJetman {
// All variables are u32 rather than the i8 or bool that I wanted,
// because this language does not seem to support generic closures.
score:u32, lives:u32, level:u32, map:u32, supermap:u32, podtype:u32, shield:u32, thruster:u32
}

What did he mean by this?

Cucky

Best language, best mascot, cutest code, blazing fast.

Attached: 1548955808715.gif (734x490, 258K)

Yup, C fags are just jealous.

get in cagiei

"I don't understand how generics work"
what an idiot

Attached: images.jpg (299x169, 11K)

>cutest code
No, not really. It's only ever sorta cute for toy programs where you can write muh functional style code by chaining iterators. Otherwise, enjoy your rightward drift and Rc.clone() because the borrow checker just cucked you.

>what are lifetimes

Explain? How would you write it?

How do I got about writing a gui app in 2019 on Windows or Mac? Last time I looked shit like Conrod and Piston were a mess and it was a pain in the ass.

The Jow Forums argument of Rust being an SJW language is pretty poor. Yes, there is a code of conduct. No, you don't need to follow it to *use* the language. It's primarily relevant for people interacting with the community. For instance, if you're a compiler developer. Most people writing Rust programs will have no need to follow the CoC.

Rust isn't perfect, but new features are still under development. Something that's a little more important is const generic parameters, so we can have generics over different array sizes.

R for racist
U for underperforming
S for sissy
T for trannies

github.com/rust-native-ui/libui-rs

github.com/rust-unofficial/awesome-rust#gui

Why do rustfags have to make these shtity worthless threads on every board and forum they go to? No one gives a shit about your language choice.
Python programmers don't do this shit.
Perl don't do this shit.
Javascript don't this shit.
Assemblers don't do this shit.
It's some rustfag or some lispfag. Always those two. Why is that? Why are they so homosexual?
This user is a hufe homosexual too. Why are you always making shitty threads that have no substance? Are you jealous because you can't program in C or ASM? Is that why? Are you incapable of learning like people who program with python or c# or objective-c are capable of learning? Is that why you are such huge homosexuals about everything?

take your meds grandpa

Starving.

>No one knows how to design a GUI framework for this language because the borrow checker cucks every existing GUI paradigm
Rustfags BTFO

I want to learn Rust because some tools I used are fast AF.

Use C. At least you could afford to live off the street. Rust is for homeless trannies in SF Bay Area.

stupid fag, suck a nigger dick you scumfuck

Ye it's actually priddy cool for writing command line tools. I actually scratched a few itches of mine using Rust, where I couldn't be arsed using C/C++, but didn't want to write slowbro python.

>Comfy

Attached: 1544545650694.jpg (680x907, 54K)

>I am too retarded to understand how to use lifetimes and I will try to write all code like it's C
uh-oh

Kinda like this. Read somewhere, that you can parse JSON at 200-300MB/s, I get envious - I could finish my big data project over the weekend.

Eat shit, cocksucker.

Thanks, had this in my notes but it was still waiting for some releases. It seemed like the most promising. Doing a hackathon soon and I'll probably learn this before it.

Which is a mess. Azul still seems promising but not there yet. I'm not touching GTK or Qt with rust.

Try harder C fags. Your just to lazy to adapt to a new language and close-minded people.

Attached: doge-tiny.png (100x100, 13K)

this.
>Removed legacy search mode
>20 releases ago, we started using ripgrep for search in VS Code.

The Rust Programming book is easy to find a good PDF for and some neat libs are indicatif, clap, and termcolor. Look out following some tutorials online because they're broken by the authors not updating or being written with very old crates.

>C fags
>Wrote pretty much the entire modern software world
>Rust fags
>Write blog posts and shitposts on reddit and Jow Forums

There is not a single Rust success story. Their biggest achievement is a work-in-progress rendering engine for a browser that no one uses anymore, and a bunch of small utilities.

a good pdf or the free book included with the rust docs*

Just use rust and the gtk bindings (gtk-rs).

You rustfags are the biggest homosexuals. I don't care if you want to use rust, but stop being such fucking flamers about it. Go suck a dick so you can shut your mouth. Your fingers are supposed to be typing """"""code"""""" anyways like the fag you are.

the o'reilly book with the purple cover and crab on it. the supplied docs are good to start with then the o'reilly book after, and the rustonomicon if you do unsafe shit.

twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1094419108781789184
W H O L E S O M E

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-15 John Carmack on Twitter I'm still completely in the excited-newbie honeym (640x342, 46K)

you are equally contributing by giving them attention and fueling their reason to bait you harder, if you don't want that then shut the fuck up

You are a huge faggot too. Why don't you guys go suck buttholes and get worms like the faggots you are.

Its pretty obvious you don't want to understand the point I am making. There is no Rust success stories because they are all WIP its a new language see you 10 years later.

If you don't care why do you post on the thread? Jow Forums Like always... Jealous cunts.

Attached: 30_min_gay.gif (612x591, 161K)

>unironically shilling gay toolkit

>not a single Rust success story
I was at the rust meetup where dropbox came and talked about it. They literally said it was a success

youtube.com/watch?v=wF7R2WDYFC4

because I wouldn't suck any that aren't clean, obviously.

Fucking learn to read. Stop making shitty threads. That's the point you faggot.

Please don't necrobump
Locking this thread