N64 starting to fail

don't know if this is the place for this, but my n64 starts and all like normal, but then a minute or so after it freezes

Attached: ceaea6e4-9b48-4bb5-90a6-58f47dc059ca_1.e0cc231827e33a186706b4616659e6a4.jpg (450x450, 17K)

/vg/

Take the motherboard out. Bake it in the over for 40 minutes at 400.
Works every time.

There's a long time until I see this.

Your N64 is startling to lose the charge in it's chips. Just take out the motherboard and recharge the chips by rubbing wool along the metal connections.

Jesus fucking christ dude, just go to your local "vintage vidya game store" and buy another one for like $18

> Ninento 64 Premium Refurbished
> $200 USD
> It's retro, m8!

>don't know if this is the place for this
there's for games and consoles before 1999

also that's probably a soft/firmware corruption of some sort, you're better off either buying another functioning one or switching to emulation

Likely culprit is capacitors at this point.
Learn to solder and replace them.

remove the mobo
put in oven, bake at 350 for 10 mins

Just use an emulator and trash that thing m8

So this reminded, why cant current pcs run n64 games all too well? What dark magic did nintendo use for their console

It wasn't "dark magic", it was spaghetti code running on an unusual architecture that very few knew how to fucking work.

Really? I paid $6 for one in Australia in 2015

2015 was right before the retro gaming bubble happened, early 2016 is when all the hipsters started buying them and oversaturating the markets

Ah when they hit above average wage and escaped into their childhood again

Clean your games. Clean the cart connector. Try playing without the ram pack. If all those fail then open it up and have a look. The silicon in most consoles before the PS3 generation should last a very long time.

>lylat wars
>RUSH
post you're n64 games

Attached: snapshot_21.48_[2016.12.24_06.49.46].png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

>but then a minute or so after it freezes
then fix it

>why cant current pcs run n64 games all too well?
which MIPS based pcs are you referring to, user

Have you tried cleaning it? Do you have the memory expansion in it?

Pokemon stadium

Its not even the silicon of ps3s and xboxs that killed them, its the regulations on leaded solder

>why cant current pcs run n64 games all too well
it aint 2005 anymore retard

actually, /vr/

U.S.A. doesn't have regulations on leadless solder. That's eurotrash bullshit.

>U.S.A. doesn't have regulations on leadless solder.
this explains a lot

There is wonderful advise fo be found in /vr/‘s repair general. I suggest asking there

Oh man, this joke really had no chance against the psone back in the days, look at this controller.

go back to /v/

n64’s controller is genuine trash in conparison. Dualshock set the bar. Even the most modern controllers are based on it.

It does. I can't believe Europeans are so dim that they won't use the proper materials for constructing electronics. Must be why that LHC hasn't produced shit after spending how many billions on it?

I always used to think this was crazy but 9/10 works. Just make sure that there's not, like, a busted capacitor or something obviously wrong on the board (just be a waste of time at that point).

Where is OP? I asked if he cleaned out the N64 or was using the RAM expansion and got no response.

drop III inches

This but put a couple layers of tinfoil around the capacitors

t. zoomer

Yeah, its still the reason for leadless ps3s and 360s

I know it is. Doesn't mean that they had to use leadless solder in the U.S.A. though. They were just cheap fuckers.

Dualshock was based on the Playstation controller which was basically an exact copy of the super nintendo controller

you know nothing

Nah, ps3 was a loss leader. I agree though, but that would require a euro specific assembly line

Evolved from it. Nintendo were the ones that fucked over snoy by bailing on their joint venture

lmao...
When I read this on some forum, I didn't knew any better, thought this, actually works...
And it saved my Dreamcast!
This method is recommended to any old school console
Now this looks so stupid, I would never try this, because I know people are lying on the internet...
However... This crazy hack works!

This, but in a less retarded way. Get a 10x loupe, a soldering iron some 80/20 solder, and touch up any joints that look cracked. Replace any big electrolytic caps while you're at it.