Why do this make C fags crazy?

Why do this make C fags crazy?

Attached: rust.png (1200x1200, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/manuals/64-ia-32-architectures-software-developer-instruction-set-reference-manual-325383.pdf
sjdh.us/2019/02/11/continuing-with-zig.html
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7294
deliveroo.engineering/2019/02/14/moving-from-ruby-to-rust.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think it does. Just disappointed.

Rust Shilling Thread No.69811127: Rustfags Can't English Grammer Edition

sir you are in violation of the rust code of conduct

Attached: output.png (500x562, 231K)

Programmers write C instead of Rust for the same reason they wrote C instead of Pascal: They want to use a language that will still be around in 30 years

t. C fag

You could replace Rust with C++ and it would still be true

>They want to use a language that will still be around in 30 years
Irionic since C doesn't have atomics outside the reeking abomination that's called C11.

Don't blame C, blame the OS for not supplying it with better concurrency primitives

intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/manuals/64-ia-32-architectures-software-developer-instruction-set-reference-manual-325383.pdf
Atomics are literally provided by the hardware.

I like C, C++ and rust
I'm C dev btw
what's wrong with us?

unsafe { ptr::write(ptr::null(), 0) }

They feel threatened

What is it with ``modern`` ``coders`` and their complete helplessness if something doesn't exist 'in the language'?
People have been writing concurrent, parallell and lock-free data structures and algorithms for decades in C, no need to have The Language's blessing if you can actually program and solve problems.

For real, I've been tempted to learn this language after stack overflow voted it up. I enjoy gamesdev, and I love C++ but only because I'm experienced in it. I love the amount of frameworks and projects I can pull into my own stuff.

How is rust, is it fun to play with? How is the performance? Is it just a modern version of C++ that hasn't taken off yet, or is it never going to stack up against it given time? Not sure whether to put time into learning it or not..

>How is rust, is it fun to play with?
It takes a long time to get comfortable with Rust. Once you know what you're doing it's pretty neat.

>Is it just a modern version of C++ that hasn't taken off yet,
I think so.

>It takes a long time to get comfortable with Rust. Once you know what you're doing it's pretty neat.
There are several common C patterns you''ll have to wrap your head around doing differently, and that takes a while. The language itself is straightforward.
I'd rather code it than C++.

Advise for starting with C vs C++?

start with rust

Why does zig make rustfags crazy?
sjdh.us/2019/02/11/continuing-with-zig.html
>dumped rust for zig
>rustfags REEEEE in unison

Attached: zig-logo.jpg (386x91, 9K)

>rpi
opinion discarded

because I hate the community. Bunch of authoritarian tranny faggots.

Rust seems fun, but one of the things that sadden me a lot about it is lack of the "traditional" OOP in it

Rust is a shit attempt to replace Ada and it failed for many reasons. Also it'll never be better than C. The entire language was based around C++ for brainlets at Mozilla, a flawed based to go along with a mess that is Rust.

Ask computer legend, Eric Raymond
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7294
>chooses to learn a language
>as a starter, writes "a simple IRC server"
and yet
>In practice, I found Rust painful to the point of unusability.
rustfags eternally BTFO
ESR called it, Go beats Rust
And of course, two years later, Rust went nowhere
While Go powers some of the industry's hottest software, Docker and Kubernetes for instance
Rust powers nothing but a failing browser product with vanishing marketshare, Firefox

Its not bad. Compiler takes forever though.

>4MB hello world
language discarded

there was never any reason to rewrite docker in go since it's just system glue, they justified it with some stupid benchmark of the gzip modules

>hes too retarded to remove debug symbols

Attached: 550.png (207x243, 6K)

grammar *

ESR is an idiot, and his criticism of Rust is downright strange. Of course Go is a better language for throwing together a quick-and-dirty server, because that's the exact use it was designed for

ESR is one of the founding fathers of computation

rust powers some of amazon's virtualization layer too
also
deliveroo.engineering/2019/02/14/moving-from-ruby-to-rust.html

Yes. He's also an idiot.

These companies are experimenting with it
They are not using untested alpha quality software to run their business

Rewrite this in Rust, without using external crates.
typedef struct {
uint8_t *content;
} raw_file_cursor;

#define consume(file, type) (type*)_consume(file, sizeof(type))
void* _consume(raw_file_cursor *file, uint32_t size)
{
void *result = file->content;
file->content = file->content + size;
return result;
}

Based

Your fucking lack of an oxford comma for first start.

i wouldn't mind golang if they fixed their ffi and nil problems, currently it's got this weird drawback where everything has to be pure go which a compiled language shouldn't have

>without using external crates
>and the binary MUST be 20k
>and it must compile

Attached: 0.jpg (480x480, 64K)

>why does this stuff matter
Rust gives you all the control that C does, with the safety of Java or whatever, surely you can do it, without having to rely on others.

I want to get into zig but the adoption is really small, feel like committing to sow something into a desert.

Zig maintainer here, AMA

I still don't understand this language. I think I'm just dumb...

I have no questions I just don't want to deter people from contributing to my project just because I've chosen such obscure language.

Probably, it's not that hard, it pretty much revolves around whether you're using &T or &mut T

and people have been writing bugs and CVEs for decades in C

>t. cuck

/thread

why did u put an image of a lax goal lol

Because apparently Rust devs can't speak English.

Why the @ symbol? It's such an obscure piece of punctuation, no other language out there uses it much

Leave this board.

Rust is gay.

writing them mostly wrong, too

Last time I checked C programmers are not the ones constantly shilling their pozzed language instead of doing something productive with it

>boomer suckless/cat-v faggot loves C, Go, and Python
The memes write themselves. I bet ESR posts here.

Cturds HATE tools that help them not make bugs. Cturds LOVE to poorly re-invent every data structure and programming paradigm ever, ESPECIALLY when it's slower, leaks memory, has buffers overflows, is not type safe, has stack overflows, is fucking terrible to use, is not self-documenting (and they won't document it explicitly, either) and is incompatible with every other library out there so you can't properly interoperate between libs without converting your data again and again, further ruining performance.
Why use libraries anyway? Just write EVERYTHING yourself. That's why even trivial C programs are unreadable spaghetti with trillions of lines of code that is not finished even after trying for 20 years to solve a trivial problem.

That's what they want. That's what they like.
And then they wonder why almost nobody wants to employ them.

how many rust job are there

Because of your incessant shilling. Go to Reddit or Tumblr or somewhere, I hear they're full of people who would love your shitlang.
>t. C# pajeet

struct RawFileCursor {
content: *mut u8,
}

fn consume(file: &mut RawFileCursor) -> *mut T {
let result = file.content as *mut T;
file.content = file.content.add(core::mem::size_of::());
result
}

sure, if you are 60

> casting uint8_t* to a pointer to some type with unknown alignment
It's hilarious Cnlies can't even write 10 lines without producing an undefined behavior.

C is done, it's over. It's had it's time in the spotlight with all the vulnerabilities it has wrought, but it's time to let it go. It's dead, Jim.

what are rust’s metaprogamming capabilities like

The CoC applies only if you actively participate to the Rust development itself. For all I know, you can code the firmware of a tranny death ray in Rust if you'd like, nobody's gonna stop you, certainly not the CoC.

Lacking compared to C++ but much better than C

>Lacking compared to C++
C++ doesn't have a built-in way to do arbitrary code generation though
Procedural macros are a point in favor of Rust

Nerver heard.

top kek

It will die soon.

Nice.

It's still in alpha and already has wider adoption than Rust.

Docker's mission statement is making it easy for retards to deploy containers everywhere. Using Go and compiling to mostly-static binaries assists that.

Wrong, CoC applies everywhere they shoved it to.

>wider adoption than Rust.
do you have anything to back that up?

any reports on adoption of anything will be unreliable since majority of software produces overall is closed source and internal, thus not disclosed to any statistics

Poo in the loo
Rust's structs and traits are miles better than classes

Based ESR, C is superior.

Attached: unixboomer.jpg (223x226, 11K)

CAUSE YOU CANT GOOGLE SHIT

"R libraries"
"Crash in R code"
"R API"

Learn the C basics, the move to the Rust Basics, Learn the Rust Advance stuff, Then Learn the C advance stuff.