Raspberry Pi Zero uses

Uses for Raspberry Pi Zero?

And no, I don't want to hear on what to do with larger raspberry pi or similar devices.

Attached: Raspberry-Pi-Zero-1-1755x1080.jpg (1755x1080, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackster.io/135000/subzero-a-simple-network-attached-storage-device-3f47be
pi-hole.net/
raspberrypi.org/magpi-issues/MagPi51.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's a tiny yet full featured Linux computer you can put everywhere, with digital and analog GPIO pins you can use to control pretty much anything.

Honestly, if you don't have ANY idea about what to do with it you're either too tech illiterate for it or not very creative.

Oh look, it's this thread again.
>buying something you have no use for and no ingenuity to figure out

Throw it in the trash, you deserved this

holy assumptions. he didn't say he bought it already.

>buying something you have no use for and no ingenuity to figure out

DELET

Based trips confirms

jew detector , to detect jews.

I am actually buying multiple of these to use as portable security cameras if I sneak onto a construction site after hours so I can escape if needed, and to implement backdoors into the networks, and wait 6-8 months for them to be fully done and have access from day one.

>Raspberry Pi - Zero uses

F

>durr what's a computer
Intel shills still salty that nobody cared about Edison.

Shame it doesn't have WaiFai then

OBD 1/2 reader or basically display a bunch of sensors for a vehicle

There's a zero with wifi dingus.

Yes! But OP mentioned SPECIFICALLY the Raspberry Pi Zero - and not the RPZ W.

And you said "multiple of these", clearly referring to what was talked about in the quoted OP. So that's that.

hook to bmp280 and put outside and send weather updates to somewhere
works good

Attached: 1544542473849.png (2049x1379, 398K)

A thread died for this

It was most likely a very shit thread

Just not creative for me, though I was thinking of getting an arduino instead. I'm bored and wanna make something but don't know what to make :p

>mech room
Gundam pilots should stay in /m/

Get a replacement shell for an old gameboy and build yourself a portable emulation machine.

whoa NSA, I only have my solar panel controls and water heater in there.. ;^)

I made the mistake of buying one of these just for the sake of learning ARM. Thank God I was able to return it, because I learned I could emulate it through QEMU on the same day the mail delivered it.

yea oh god, almost lost a whole $5-10

I am not very creative

Shove it up your ass.
If you can't think of a use yourself, don't but it.

>I am not very creative

Then make a portable emulator if you like games or a tablet of some sort if you're not.

Use it to learn programming. try writing a linux ethernet driver by bitbanging the gpio pins. The cpu should be fast enough for a 10mbps connection
Alternatively you can create a baremetal application and write a kernel for yourself. Use uboot so you don't have to deal with device initialization too much

smoke pot, find sativa. don't get anything else or you'll melt

You could turn it into a NAS
hackster.io/135000/subzero-a-simple-network-attached-storage-device-3f47be

Yeah, enjoy your slow as fuck speeds

using a 3 B with pi-hole but also docker with a few containers one has rtorrent running writing stuff to a network drive and unifi controller for a couple of APs.
Planted a 0 W attached to a small drive and it's working as a pirate box, people sharing random stuff and using the message board. Probably will turn it into a small server.
You could also turn it into a dongle mini computer to plug into a tv and take away with you.

Attached: dongle.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

shouldn't a pc stick connect via hdmi not usb that seems retarded

You can plug it into other PC's and SSH into it. So its a tiny little computer that plugs in to other computers for everything.

>another retard bought a pi without any use in mind

Attached: lmao.jpg (369x366, 24K)

Pi hole in this works well?

Zero Uses for Raspberry Pi.

>Uses for Raspberry Pi

There's a rule of thumb with these, and it is:

>IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, YOU HAVE NO USE FOR ONE

Nice movie

But why tho

this

Just bing it

You could make a laptop and a router of it.

>Uses for Raspberry Pi Zero?
Buy only if you know what you want to do it. Otherwise it's dumber than guys buying whatever tools on hardware sale in Carrefour and then wondering what to do. Or may G*d forgive me, all the shitty "toy" "laptop" kits and learning computer for kids.

I never get thanks for redpilling Jow Forums in all these dumb threads that appear daily.

DNS. It works extremely well for that, and it can sit practically anywhere.

with automated gas release.

stick it in your asshole

The person you're replying to here isn't the same of this person. cause that one is me.

I actually realized he was talking about non Wifi version. RPI is only used as portable cameras, not used for the backdoor, I have other ideas for that.

Also you wouldnt need wifi to make a backdoor with raspberry pi, but I am giving myself both options, wifi if I want to do it locally, or with the backdoor.

wifi-enabled vibrator

www.thingiverse.com/thing:2800717

Sadly, I live in a third world shit hole. A raspberry pi zero w costs around 30 dollars here, and minimum wage here is around 250~360 dollars. I'm paid a little above minimum wage, but you get what I mean.

>250~260* dollars
Fixed

running stuff you don't want to run on your main computer. In that case

Yes, but remember you need to power the thingie, so in this case the USB you see is for power and you plug the mini HDMI the Pi 0 has to a TV input using a cable. Pretty what you do with an old Chromecast that uses a USB cable for power and the dongle goes to the HDMI connection on the TV.

I certainly hope you don't give a shit about your home network and you don't leave your computer on all the time to download shit torrents for example.
Because if that's the case when you get hit with a power outage and the PSU blows the fuck out and you realize you need to work almost two months to buy a new one you will remember this thread and how you did return a cheap solution that could also protect your expensive setup.

What can I do with a rock64?

For all my years at the university, I managed to fuck once and it was because of a raspberry project.

Build a rocket, launch it and land it on the moon.

You really gonna make me fill a captcha to tell you to finish the story

This, also more wasted time spent on captcha's

Yeah, I know. Though I rarely leave my computer on through the night. Sometimes I leave it rendering stuff during the afternoon and evenings but for some paranoia I always turn it off at night. Never something a rbpi could work as replacement for.

I was this idiot once, though I eventually found uses. The one I enjoyed the most was making a Retropie in an NES cart.

Attached: mtk1ztc2ymul.jpg (1440x1080, 157K)

You could also ask him to lose his virginity. Both achievements never accomplished by OP

Remote control devices through the internet by wiring them up to the GPIO pins in some way.

Capitalism is disgusting.

pi-hole
pi-hole.net/

are aliexpress knock offs like orange pi a cheaper solution?

night vision headset

>greenhouse
Is that where you store all your WD Greens user?

naw I throw those in the pond where they belong.

s-so what's in the greenhouse, senpai?

Good then, unless you have an specific project or you were looking to run something basic services/soft without your computer like home nas, plex server, torrent machine, dns, vpn, etc, then yes it's a no go.
In my particular case it has become something of a must have for a decent home network setup.
Right now I'm checking on how syncthing performs to add it and link parents phones to a tiny server that backs up their phone camera photo albums so they can see the pictures they take on their huge ass TV

Build a robot
raspberrypi.org/magpi-issues/MagPi51.pdf

Dunno man, I don't really have a need/use for it.

Yeah, I had to save up for two years to buy my GPU (gtx 1060) and am now starting to save in order to replace my CPU/mobo/ram. I figure it will take around 1.5 to 2 years. Sadly (or not), I've grown used to it already tho.

And considering I work part time, I am actually better off than most people my age in my country

He said he didn't want to hear anything about similar devices.
It's pretty obvious.

SSH jump box, name resolver, retropie

>:p

nothing, it's winter.

Argentina detected

>cringing at ascii emoticons
Just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing you've probably never had a girlfriend. That, or you're a boomer.

Brazil, actually

Install Pi Hole. It's the #1 thing you should be using it for.

Same shithole, my friend. Argentina here, having a raspberry pi costs roughly 80 dollarucos

How useable are these in a meshet? Can I build a small meshnet of RPZ Ws?

You could use it as a paperweight but it might be too light. Dust collector is good use for it.

how much power do these draw?

it would be comfy hooking one of these up to a solar panel + lithium battery

Attached: 1550337172991.jpg (640x462, 64K)

66mA or a little more than that

Attached: Jh7Lotsm.jpg (180x320, 15K)

Do any of these things have enough juice to be used as a small htcpc for internet and movies for my boomer folks?
Or should I just get a dirt cheap Optiplex and stop memeing

Pi Zero will draw up to 350mA under heavy stress (like cpuburn) but about 200mA for typical usage, and under 100mA at idle. HDMI and WiFi add another 25mA each if you use them. LEDs about 5mA each but can be disabled.

you do know you can buy shit online at the original price and even lower and having that delivered to your house right?
Only underage and retards buy from local peddlers at insane prices.
Source, got the pi's I use for maybe 10 bucks more after shipping to the same shithole.

What kind of values do you want to see while driving?

A SuperCollider synth sounds cool to me. Dunno if a Zero can handle ir.

Will use it for a project
>When im the only guy in my team who know how to write a functional script

I'm using mine to control a grow room

>analog GPIO pins
what? rpi doesn't have a dac or adc built in.

Just turned one of my Zero's into a Pi-Hole.

you can use pwm

It doesn't work like that here (Argentina) some things may arrive, some things may end up in customs, it depends on the size the weight and the mood the customs employee have that particular day.
I once bought a kobo reader in the US, brought it myself on the plane, no problem there. A week later it stop working so I talked to Kobo and they sent me a new one, for free. It was held in customs and I had to pay for it again, which I didn't. so the kobo might still be there.

I'll use it to make a "smart" mirror
to show info about my home, news, and stuff

Attached: file.png (680x1211, 1.04M)

when I make one of these, im sooo having it keep track how many botnets I have available.